• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any characters you want that nobody else wants?

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Geno. With how much **** people give him on this board for not being [Captain] Toad or Waluigi, you'd think nobody but me wants him in. Blimey...

In all seriousness, Zeke from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is lowkey one of my most wanted characters, and I have heard mutterings about him around here from others who played XC2, but pretty much all of them, myself included, have basically dismissed him as a no-hoper next to Main-Protag-Privileged Rex & Pyra. Which is a real shame, as Zeke is one of my favorite characters period and would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than Rex & Pyra if we're to get anything from XC2.
What? Are you being serious? I have seen FAR more love for Geno on this site than Paper Mario. He's one of my most-wanted characters and the face of Mario RPGs in my opinion, yet hardly anyone talks about him because he's just a "third Mario" in their eyes.

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Saber from Fate/stay night.

Despite her massive popularity, nobody asked for her. Maybe it's because most people thought she's an anime character like Goku. (which is not true, as she DOES originate in a visual novel game)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
- Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers)
- Melia (Xenoblade Chronicles)
- Meloetta (Pokemon)

I may have a thing for characters that start with "M". Funnily, I did used to secretly support the Laughing Dog from Duck Hunt which was a character next to no one wanted. Glad to see Duck Hunt make it into the game. >_>

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
What? Are you being serious? I have seen FAR more love for Geno on this site than Paper Mario. He's one of my most-wanted characters and the face of Mario RPGs in my opinion, yet hardly anyone talks about him because he's just a "third Mario" in their eyes.
...no, I wasn't being serious. That's why I followed up the bit about Geno with "In all seriousness".
And besides, a lot of people on this site really seem to hate Geno, be it for being an insignificant one-off who doesn't deserve to be in before some other guy or for some nondescript garbage about how "annoying" his fans are. Even if I wasn't initially being serious, not all attention a character gets is positive, and I find that's especially true in the case of Geno as he's a very "love-or-hate" character from what I've seen.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Masked Link. (Deku/Goron/Zora/Diety): He'd function similarly to Pokemon trainer and you could change between the 4 masks like how Shulk changes monado arts. It would be a great way to represent the different Zelda races.

Calane

Smash Ace
Adol Christin from the Ys series.

I know most would dismiss him due to being another "anime sword fighter", but I honestly think he'd be pretty freaking cool to see in Smash. His series has a lot of history behind it (starting all the way back in 1987), and he's got a lot of games to pull attacks from. Heck, you could make an entire moveset only using his skills from Ys VIII alone.

It'll never happen, but it would probably be the most hype announcement (to me) in Smash history if it did.

nimLa1v.png

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I made a joke that Poochy is the only character they could add as a Yoshi rep that wouldn't make just as much sense as a Mario rep and now I actually want Poochy, oops. Sure his moveset potential isn't huge but he's funny looking, isn't that enough?

I think Nightmare would be a fun Kirby rep but I've never seen any support for him, and Marx seems to have more of a fanbase anyway.

Masked Link. (Deku/Goron/Zora/Diety): He'd function similarly to Pokemon trainer and you could change between the 4 masks like how Shulk changes monado arts. It would be a great way to represent the different Zelda races.
I really, really wish this is what they'd do with Young Link but I doubt we'll ever see it happen. That or a Link that can ride on Moosh, Dimitri and Ricky from the Oracles games, but that's far more unlikely.

Speaking of Zelda, Vaati's probably my most wanted Zelda rep and I know some people want him in, but the fanbase is pretty small from what I can tell. Strange since he's the franchises most recurring primary antagonist aside from Ganon even if he was relegated to just handheld titles.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Plusle and Minun

I'm a huge fan of both of these Pokemon and I was heartbroken when I discovered that they almost made it into Brawl but didn't, I'm sure there are some people who want them but I haven't seen that much support for them, and I wish they were added back then

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Plusle and Minun

I'm a huge fan of both of these Pokemon and I was heartbroken when I discovered that they almost made it into Brawl but didn't, I'm sure there are some people who want them but I haven't seen that much support for them, and I wish they were added back then
Hi JigglySmash :awesome:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I made a joke that Poochy is the only character they could add as a Yoshi rep that wouldn't make just as much sense as a Mario rep and now I actually want Poochy, oops. Sure his moveset potential isn't huge but he's funny looking, isn't that enough?

I think Nightmare would be a fun Kirby rep but I've never seen any support for him, and Marx seems to have more of a fanbase anyway.

I really, really wish this is what they'd do with Young Link but I doubt we'll ever see it happen. That or a Link that can ride on Moosh, Dimitri and Ricky from the Oracles games, but that's far more unlikely.

Speaking of Zelda, Vaati's probably my most wanted Zelda rep and I know some people want him in, but the fanbase is pretty small from what I can tell. Strange since he's the franchises most recurring primary antagonist aside from Ganon even if he was relegated to just handheld titles.
Actually, Four Swords Adventures was on the Gamecube, so Vaati got to be on that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Back in the Brawl days I supported Vivian (from Paper Mario) pretty heavily. Even back then I think she was a no hoper. :p

I'm sure there are a few others who want him, but I also have a soft spot for Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness.

Those two are probably the most out there characters a part of me (deep down) would like to see.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
- The Hero (Drawn to Life)
- Zizou (The Legend of Dark Witch)
- Character of Habbo Hotel

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think my biggest obscure character would have to be Captain Rainbow.

I have few more obscure characters but really Capt. fits in Smash really well.

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see Jason and SOPHIA playable in Smash (straight-up fistfighting a tank is something that has yet to be seen in smash). I've been a fan of Blaster Master for a very long time and I'm absolutely in love with Blaster Master Zero. I haven't seen them be mentioned by anyone as far as I recall and I'd have no clue how they'd make it work as a fighter. All I know is that I'd be thrilled if they somehow got revealed.

Another one of my favorite characters is Mint from Threads of Fate/Dewprism. Using two big golden rings and magic as a weapon. She hates pumpkins and tries to take over the world. What's there not to love?

I'm also a big fan of Hatsune Miku and all her rhythm games. Though I don't see her as much of a fighter or as a great fit for smash; I'd be happy to see her appear regardless.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I want Masked Link too, but I think a moveset more like Corrin's would be better. It might be pushing it on rapidly transforming back and forth, though, so I'm open to full movesets for each mask. However, I typically use a Corrinesque character when I put him on my rosters in order to keep it as one character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you are so not the only one who wants him

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Estelle From Tales of Vesperia.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Honestly? I want a character that represents the minor enemies that you run into throughout the game. they essentially make up a majority of what the protagonist has between them and the antagonist anyways, so it'd be nice to see some appreciation toward those poor souls that throw themselves on the front lines.

my personal Pick would be Dry Bones, only because i feel he can offer a little more than your average Koopa. Dry Bones could use bones and even his dislodged head for attacks, his get up animation would be him reforming like he does in the games. he could recover by temporarily getting a pair of wings, and his final smash could be calling in all the other Mario enemies to gang up on the enemies he hits with it.

I know It's an impossibility, but I really love an underdog story.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
My username says it all, but as far as someone I want that no one really talks up, I gonna have to go with my boy Petey Piranha. Ever since Sunshine and Double Dash I can't help but love the guy.

IMG_0229.PNG

There's a few others I thought of that also feel obscure:

Meowth (Team Rocket)
Doctor Eggman
Birdo

I just realized, everyone I want is a villain or enemy.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Koopa Troopa, the baddie with the second most appearances in mario games (the only character having more is mario of course). It would be cool to finally have another species rep like yoshi, and there is a pretty valid moveset he could have (as well as alt. color potential).

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I've been digging Paladins and I'd say a Paladins character could be pretty fun in Smash!!

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
The player avatar from Xenoblade Chronicles X. I wouldn't say that no one else wants him/her but me, it's just that I feel I'm the only active supporter, at least on GameFAQs though a few people liked my ideas about the avatar's potential there. I just have to look around more I guess. I think the reason for lack of productive talk (around places I'm active at) for this character is because most (maybe even me) believe his/her potential is too great to be implemented correctly and that he/she would take way more resources than character ever. Plus, takes imagination. Still, my love for avatar characters doesn't let me stop wanting more of them to follow the Mii Fighters' example in Smash in terms of customization.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Aside from RPG Maker characters that'll never happen. (Ib, The Batter, Madotsuki, Yonaka, etc...)

Reyn from Xenoblade Chronicles.
I can see the devs being creative with his Driver fighting style.
But I don't see it happening since Reyn is one of the lesser popular party members. (Minus Sharla and maybe Melia)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The player avatar from Xenoblade Chronicles X. I wouldn't say that no one else wants him/her but me, it's just that I feel I'm the only active supporter, at least on GameFAQs though a few people liked my ideas about the avatar's potential there. I just have to look around more I guess. I think the reason for lack of productive talk (around places I'm active at) for this character is because most (maybe even me) believe his/her potential is too great to be implemented correctly and that he/she would take way more resources than character ever. Plus, takes imagination. Still, my love for avatar characters doesn't let me stop wanting more of them to follow the Mii Fighters' example in Smash in terms of customization.
id quite like cross in smash as well, but everyone is obsessed with elma

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Estelle Bright from Trails in the Sky. It's 100% impossible and will never happen, between Trails being a very niche franchise and Falcom having very little relation to Nintendo, but it would be incredible. Rean Schwarzer from the Cold Steel arc of the series would be cool, too, but I'd prefer Estelle due to her being the protagonist of the first arc in the series and using a quarterstaff rather than a sword like Rean.

AwesomeSauceGamer

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Crazy Dave as a third party (I guess that is one good thing that came out of EA buying PopCap it means that this idea is not completely impossible, now its just pretty much impossible)

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Tiki from Fire Emblem. Rampant anti-Fire Emblem sentiment caused by their cluttered roster, an obsession with the notion that only main Lords matter to the series, and a general lack of exposure have all led to her getting very little support.

In actuality, she's been a prominent character in no less than 5 games (6 counting heroes), and has been involved in the story in all of them. In the Archanea series, she's arguably the second most important character only behind Marth and rivaling Camus and Caeda. She's actually nearly vital to defeating Medeus, FE's original villain, in all 4 games he's in, since only she and the Falchion can badly hurt him. Her prominence in those games is actually nearly on par with characters like Zelda and Palutena. Oh and she's a dragon that can use magic, so she breaks the mold of being an anime sword fighter; she wouldn't use a sword at all.

But she's not a Lord and FE has a lot of fighters, so she mostly gets ignored. Hence why I don't even bother pushing for her on the boards, she's just too far behind too many other characters.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Travis Touchdown.
I bought No More Heroes the exact same day I bought Brawl, and even back then I thought "Man, it would be awesome if this guy made it into Smash someday".

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I don't remember if I ever posted here, but Hat Kid from A Hat In Time would fit in amazingly despite it never being on a Nintendo platform.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Tiki from Fire Emblem. Rampant anti-Fire Emblem sentiment caused by their cluttered roster, an obsession with the notion that only main Lords matter to the series, and a general lack of exposure have all led to her getting very little support.

In actuality, she's been a prominent character in no less than 5 games (6 counting heroes), and has been involved in the story in all of them. In the Archanea series, she's arguably the second most important character only behind Marth and rivaling Camus and Caeda. She's actually nearly vital to defeating Medeus, FE's original villain, in all 4 games he's in, since only she and the Falchion can badly hurt him. Her prominence in those games is actually nearly on par with characters like Zelda and Palutena. Oh and she's a dragon that can use magic, so she breaks the mold of being an anime sword fighter; she wouldn't use a sword at all.

But she's not a Lord and FE has a lot of fighters, so she mostly gets ignored. Hence why I don't even bother pushing for her on the boards, she's just too far behind too many other characters.
id actually would like tiki

but i think they should trim the numbers first

IsaacOrRiot

Smash Rookie
Minior from Pokemon, gen 7.

Sure he's a boring flying rock. But his ability to transform from tank to glass cannon is cool.

And ez color pallets

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Red Savarin from Solatorobo. I even made a smashified art of him a long time ago. One of the best DS games, yet underrated as hell and almost no one knew about it, regardless of it getting some pretty nice awards.

Top Bottom