• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Stickxx Presents: Mobile, Alabama Tournament; RESULTS UP, MISSING CONTROLLER

ragnarock

Smash Lord
thats good to hear, ima have to get me a wii real soon and get brawl. I have to get my skills up in that a bit more. Espicially in melee

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
dangit ruse i dont get on here if you want to smash u have to text me lol ew just had a full weekend of smash lol like pretty much 2 days lol

o well no more big smashfests til this tourney :)

HolyChef

Smash Ace
Please ban any kind of stalling for brawl. People can stall without having to even touching the ledge.

Also please list the counter-pick stages for both games.

And singles should be 10

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I went but ended up not bringing Holy with me. Since my girlfriend's parents live over there, we visited both places and ended up staying out of town all weekend.

I was pretty rusty at first, but as long as I didn't fall into my Brawl habits it was all good. I think I'll do Melee at the tourney now.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Please ban any kind of stalling for brawl. People can stall without having to even touching the ledge.

Also please list the counter-pick stages for both games.

And singles should be 10
Ima check into that, we are trying to make this wallet friendly as possible. Because of the university students you see, they are a very cheap bunch of smashers. Any price that they feel is high will scare them off.

Sariku, when you get the chance put the banned and counter-pick stages up.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ima check into that, we are trying to make this wallet friendly as possible. Because of the university students you see, they are a very cheap bunch of smashers. Any price that they feel is high will scare them off.

Sariku, when you get the chance put the banned and counter-pick stages up.
I can confirm that from the complaints I had when I hosted my tournament last month.

Ragnarock must've told me about 20 times that this tournament existed, and it's about time I popped into this topic,... so yeah. I'm Ryker and I live on campus at the University of South Alabama where this tournament is being hosted. When not there, I stay at home about 20 minutes away. I am so going to be there. I'll only be playing Brawl unless convinced to do otherwise. I only play two game competitively, and Melee is not one of them (you can probably guess what it is from the rest of my post though). No, I am not part of Arcade Stickxx, but if ANYONE in the area wants to hit me up for some games, please drop me a line. Contact info at the bottom of the page.

Would anyone be opposed to me bringing my XBox for BlazBlue? I'd like to play some money matches in a game I'm more likely to make a profit playing. Fair warning, I'm a pad player and if you don't wanna play me at my own game (360 with two pads), then you'll have to bring your own equipment (a PS3 and/or your own sticks). I'll play on a PS3 if someone brings one, but bring me a pad and give me a minute to get used to the controls.

On a related note, how much interest would the group that would come down to Mobile have in a BlazBlue tournament and would you know anyone who would come for it?

Leaving this post on AllisBrawl as well. If you wanna reach me, I suggest you PM "Duke Nukem" on AllisBrawl. If such a user doesn't exist, then PM "Ryker". I'm friends with about 4 admins and countless mods there, so a name change might occur before you PM me. The Duke Nukem name stems from an inside joke and it may end before too much longer. Anyways, I don't check my inbox on SWF as often as I should, so the best way to communicate with me is either on AllisBrawl, on AIM (send a message to cpt.ryker@gmail.com because my gmail account is my AIM account), or on XBL (my gamertag is GS Ryker).

Longwinded post, so let me say this:

tl;dr

I'll be there, looking forward to it.

EDIT: I just read the rest of the topic. Thanks for the love Kola.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Melee Rules
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
*King Dedede is allowed ONE standing re-grab on Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Samus, and Bowser King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise

Banned:
everything else

Ruse

Fox
Random neutrals for Brawl sux imo.

Also, Nofair is lame.

Not trying to be a d-bag, just trying to give input.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm sorry for my hiatus, guys ><;; I've been really busy, and a 30 in Algebra II left me not having much free time. I updated the thread with everything. Now, we need to find out who can bring what. If people can repost what they'll bring, that'd be great.

Sariku: 1 TV, 1 Wii Setup, 1 Brawl, 2 Melee, 1 Powerstrip

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
MK being good everywhere doesn't matter. Random starters give him even more of an advantage on certain stages. Stake striking has worked for us. :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
what's the order of events going to be here?

wondering if you're running both games at the same time or one before the other.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
what's the order of events going to be here?

wondering if you're running both games at the same time or one before the other.
melee is going first, it should take that long, The lunch break then brawl. There will be teams in melee if there is enough interest.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
ok cool, cause trying to play both at the same time would throw me off pretty bad.

I guess I'm gonna need a teammate too since I doubt Holy is doing Melee.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Holychief is broken, he doesn't play melee, but he did pretty d@mn good in it at tally.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
The university is kinda confusing and you can get lost. For the prople who are coming these are the people you need to get in contact with when you are trying to find the BETA GAMMA COMMAS.

Ben- 334-421-7687
Reshaid- 251-533-9905
Ragnarock aka Alectrius- 251-457-1918, im not really good with the directions, but i can meet you where you are and you can follow me to the building.

Top Bottom