• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Stickxx Presents: Mobile, Alabama Tournament; RESULTS UP, MISSING CONTROLLER

Ruse

Fox
Why only $5 for singles?

Edit: YO, PCOLA. I'm driving to this. My car is currently: Gulf Breeze noob, Joe, Jeremy, and myself.

What time do you scrubs want to leave/does anyone else want a ride? I was thinking 9:00-9:30ish.

Edit 2: Ragnarock, we still teaming? We've gotta call ourselves "Good Muthaf*ckn Godd*mn Sh*t!" Best text ever.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Why only $5 for singles?

Edit: YO, PCOLA. I'm driving to this. My car is currently: Gulf Breeze noob, Joe, Jeremy, and myself.

What time do you scrubs want to leave/does anyone else want a ride?
Is 5 because we wanted students to enter to makaing a bigger turnout. If there are more out of towners i might talk to the rest of the club about raising the prices up to 7 maybe even 10 dollars. For singles and maybe 20 for teams. But this was meant to be a wallet friendly event, but i'll see what i can do.

Zone

Smash Champion
fawk, I can't come. relatives from korea leave sunday and want me to join them for stuff saturday >.>

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ruse I don't remember... what did you say was happening tonight at 9? Meet up or something?

Plus how the heck would you be able to fit like 8-9 people in that car???(if Me, Manko, and Holy came along)

Sariku

Smash Master
I'll still be there. People, MAKE SURE you bring setups or this will be a very, very long day. Again, I can bring the following:

1 TV
1 Wii
2 SSBM
1 Power Strip

I'm not going to bring a WiiMote, so someone else will have to sinc to my Wii to get the game booting.

Also, I'm bringing twenty-three dollars, no more and no less. If you raise the prices, you lose a contender for two tournaments, so be weary. I'd rather enter them all, honestly.

Ruse

Fox
I should have one of the following: Wii, Brawl, Melee, TV, and power strip.

Somebody should let me copy their GC memory card.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
The university is kinda confusing and you can get lost. For the prople who are coming these are the people you need to get in contact with when you are trying to find the BETA GAMMA COMMAS.

Ben- 334-421-7687
Reshaid- 251-533-9905
Ragnarock aka Alectrius- 251-457-1918, im not really good with the directions, but i can meet you where you are and you can follow me to the building.
just in case no one looked in the previous pages, sorry fpr the double post. And the price of the tourney is staying the same

Ruse

Fox
Brawl Singles
1. RAGNAF*CKINROCK :metaknight:
2. M3T the RANDOM GUY :gw:
3. HolyNightmareCHEF :popo:/:metaknight:
4. Ruse.. sucks :rob:/:metaknight:

Melee Singles
1. Rice
2. Ragnarock
3. Drumma

Brawl Doubles
1. HolyChef/Manko
2. Ruse/Rag
3. Rice/RAMTASTIC

Melee Doubles
1. Rice/Drumma
2. Ram/Rag
3. Holy/Manko

Congrats to Rag for showing us what the f*** is up.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Dude Alectrus freakin ***** the tourney. I'm gonna get my 5 dollaz back boi. I'll MM you much later. Ike will be your maker. XD

I can't wait till you actually want to learn Ike from me. That'll be the freakin day... haha

FUN tourney though! Everyone was pretty friendly, and Papa John's kicks ***... the only johns I love. :)

I got 5th with Ike and a TINY bit of Marth, mostly Ike. Can't wait till the next one if you do have one.

Next time anyone $1 MM me and let's get this shiz going down.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
How many entrants did this have for brawl singles? I would have went with my brother if there was a $10 entry. $5 dollar entry tournaments are not worth the 4 hour drive...

Sariku

Smash Master
'Twas a blast. I'll update the topic with the results, as well as my missing controller. >>;; If anyone has anything to put in the first post, tell me.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Lol at this being a $5 entry tournament. @ $5 dollars and 18 entrants there was $90 dollars in the pot for singles. If you guys were to have half the entrants at $10 dollars, you guys would've had the same amount of money in the pot XD

STEP YOUR GAME UP AND INCREASE THE ENTRY FEE!!! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE COMPETITIVE!!!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Lol at this being a $5 entry tournament. @ $5 dollars and 18 entrants there was $90 dollars in the pot for singles. If you guys were to have half the entrants at $10 dollars, you guys would've had the same amount of money in the pot XD

STEP YOUR GAME UP AND INCREASE THE ENTRY FEE!!! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE COMPETITIVE!!!
i didnt know the amount of money for a tourney makes its competitive, its the ppl. And this was our first one so we wanted a good turnout from the university. The next one we will have will your standard entry fee. But the tourney was fun as f@ck, thats the only thing that matters. And we still had a pretty decent turnout.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
i didnt know the amount of money for a tourney makes its competitive, its the ppl. And this was our first one so we wanted a good turnout from the university. The next one we will have will your standard entry fee. But the tourney was fun as f@ck, thats the only thing that matters. And we still had a pretty decent turnout.
Well stated haha, I can agree with this.
Good job winning btw, come to Hoover so we can see your meta :D

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
All i'm trying to say is, you have $5 dollar entry tournaments in hopes that you will have a good local turnout. 18 ppl is pretty good for your first tourney there, but i'll be looking forward to the next one with more cash...

Sariku

Smash Master
Not everyone has the fourty dollars to spend at most tournaments though. Sure, most of us do have a job and wouldn't have an issue, but for just a fun tournament, nothing serious, five dollars was a dandy price I think.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
All i'm trying to say is, you have $5 dollar entry tournaments in hopes that you will have a good local turnout. 18 ppl is pretty good for your first tourney there, but i'll be looking forward to the next one with more cash...
Just get more people to come and the pot will rise. Simple.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
@ I SEE YOU : Yea maybe next time they announce a tourney say you will come if the price is raised. Maybe it will happen if you bring a few extra people with. You posting after we are all at home doesn't make a bit of difference because the balls are inert.

Also sorry I havnt posted the brackets up yet I will do this soon.... I think.

Blame Ruse he only texted me once to remind me then stopped texting me back when I tried to talk to him..... that fukc head ;)

Thats right Ruse I said it ;)

<3

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Not everyone has the fourty dollars to spend at most tournaments though. Sure, most of us do have a job and wouldn't have an issue, but for just a fun tournament, nothing serious, five dollars was a dandy price I think.
Hmm I think this is where Zero_Gamer was going to, we'll see if raising the prices makes the turnout much better and the tournament overall much more enjoyable.

I SEE YOU clearly only wants the prices to be raised so he can pay off the gas money he'll be using to get there ;D oh wait

ragnarock

Smash Lord
the next tourney we have is giong to be $10 dollars for singles and $20 for teams. But it mite be in march, december you have winterfest, and january u have pound. So it might be febuary or march. Same door fee though, pizza and drinks for you d@mn barbarians.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
the next tourney we have is giong to be $10 dollars for singles and $20 for teams. But it mite be in march, december you have winterfest, and january u have pound. So it might be febuary or march. Same door fee though, pizza and drinks for you d@mn barbarians.
Haha I'm pretty sure by then I'd be able to drive distances alone.
If it's Pizza make it Papa Johns!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
now we're talking, I'll be even more motivated to go to the one in Feb/March
Rag are you coming to Vestavia on the 5th?

Top Bottom