• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I've done this team 1000 times (my old partner was a falcon). The combo potential is plain BRUTAL. The team racks percentage on the enemy so quickly and has KO potential in all areas. The way I see the team working out best is if Ganon takes the lead and falcon (as always) follows and cleans up and interrupts potential trouble.

The downfall is certain match-ups of course. Let us not forget also about horrendous recovery for both characters. You could easily end up being double edge guarded. In the end I think you will either give a licking or take one. As previously stated and as applicable to all teams - having a good partner and chemistry can help overcome many shortfalls. That's my synopsis. I know it wasn't asked for though, but there you have it ^_^

To answer original question lol - Ganon/Falcon is stronger than Falcon/Falcon imo.
i remember that team.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm feeling much better now :) I'm 99% going now, so prog and I will be recording at this. =) (I want GF prog)

S l o X

Smash Champion
)_DAS_)DS_)

i really wanted to see tfs / ny at this but i'm just gonna chill w the girl because she's gonna be gone for like two weeks. /: sorry alu / max

Hax

Smash Champion
yo Eggm tell Stric i could use a ride too please. and chops lets team unless youre teaming with stric

LLDL

Smash Hero
Someone please hook up lambchops (life after death) with a ride, stric needs a partner. Hax too.

Max?

Smash Champion
Really fun tourney. I'm glad I came and entered because I was this close to doing neither. I didn't really play many people today (wasn't in the mood), but hanging out was awesome and I love seeing all my NY homies. It was also great commentating with prog/mike/jfox. Really just a fun tourney all around.

Tentative results (as I was leaving and with assumptions):

1.) Hax
1.) Jman (split, Hax won WF and they agreed to split if Jman won LF)
3/4) Chops/Eggm (left in the middle of this set)
5.) Swift
5.) Niko
7.) Tag$
7.) Stric9
9.) Cactuar
9.) Maxtg
9.) ????
9.) ?????

Don't know the rest. If chops/eggm beat Jman, there is a chance they could win, but this is my assumption of how things panned out. Now for some MARIO PARTY 8 *****S. FNNNNNA

I'll do some shoutouts later, but they'll be brief since I was lazy today.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Had a fun time. It was my first tourney, got wrecked.

Can't wait to go to the next one. EDIT: What channel are the recordings being uploaded on and stuff?

ILM

Smash Journeyman
Had a fun time. It was my first tourney, got wrecked.

Can't wait to go to the next one. EDIT: What channel are the recordings being uploaded on and stuff?
I'm pretty sure I played a lot of friendlies with you.

**** was good.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I played a lot of friendlies with you.

**** was good.
I was mostly Young Link, Fox and Sheik if that helps.

But yeah it was so fun, there were so many people to play against compared to what toywiz normally has.

I go to the venue like weekly, and there's never that many Melee players there.

ILM

Smash Journeyman
I was mostly Young Link, Fox and Sheik if that helps.

But yeah it was so fun, there were so many people to play against compared to what toywiz normally has.

I go to the venue like weekly, and there's never that many Melee players there.
Yeah, I played (green) Marth and maybe fox a few times, and my friend played Ness, so we were hard to miss.

In other news, is No Johns going to become biweekly? I kept hearing this, and I really wouldn't mind more practice.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
This **** was man fun

Shout outs to Nick for tapping and Max for getting drunk and smoking all my weed.

I need to beat someone good...

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6605141/****-Every-Mediocre-Player-Lose-to-Anyone-Considered-to-be-Good.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Advice-Dog

sigh....

anyways good chillen with everyone

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I played (green) Marth and maybe fox a few times, and my friend played Ness, so we were hard to miss.

In other news, is No Johns going to become biweekly? I kept hearing this, and I really wouldn't mind more practice.
Yeah we played hella friendlies then.

And if it's really becoming biweekly that'd be awesome. I heard it a lot, too. And I could use the practice.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I miss Melee =[ if it's on the 23rd me/Haley won't be able to make it since Anime Boston is that weekend djkaljflkad. 30th I'd be down to try and make it though.

Top Bottom