• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Yoshis - Let us know when you make it home!

Scatz

Smash Champion
K well, we might be coming in via greyhound. We're still tryin to figure things out

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
OShi- So BC is actuallly housing too :D Thunder and BC are pretty cool although BC can be very random at times >.>

ALSO, since I'm looking to house this many people, the people that ARE coming not by Plane DEFINITELY need to be able to drive. (Sharky? Raptor?) I can fit 4 in my car (legally) plus one or two more if necessary. Thunder will be driving to my house, so he'll be able to fit another 4 in. But yeah, the more drivers, the better.
Yeah, I probably should have mentioned this but my Yoshi mobile will be fixed by then so I don't need you to pick me up or anything. Instead, I would gladly help out with the driving so let me know anything. :)
:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Alright Scatz, just let me know.

And yeah Raptor, you're basically gonna be responsible for driving part of the group to and from the tournament. I can't do it all myself. XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If I can make it, Id definitely need to be picked up. Theres no way Id be able to drive all the way there from Utah, and Id be short on money to begin with so theres no way Id be able to rent a car or anything.

Sharky

Smash Master
I have a car, I can drive people no problemo. =)

also scatz, I'd suggest JFK airport for sure, newark is much smaller, and would cost more, unless it's so much farther away that gas is a factor (delta check?)

Scatz

Smash Champion
For greyhound? My car doesn't want to make the drive (and my car is the only viable one). Flying costs too much now (around 400-600 total). Plus, i'm trying to get housed by the person that calls me robot for everything, unless jfk is closer to delta and cheaper for us lol.

Also, you should be biking to apex =p

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If I can make it, Id definitely need to be picked up. Theres no way Id be able to drive all the way there from Utah, and Id be short on money to begin with so theres no way Id be able to rent a car or anything.
Of course.

I have a car, I can drive people no problemo. =)

also scatz, I'd suggest JFK airport for sure, newark is much smaller, and would cost more, unless it's so much farther away that gas is a factor (delta check?)
I'd much rather prefer people arrive at Newark because it's in NJ, so it saves me tolls across to NY. The difference in distance isn't much, but tolls. @_@

Also, you should be biking to apex =p
LOL

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yeah, **** tolls. Costs too damn much just to lose money going from point a to point b (aka gas).

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The worst is when you miss an exit, have to pay some ridiculous toll, and then have to find your way back. I missed an exit and ended up going into NY, causing me to shell out 12 dollars for a toll AND the hidden cost of gas money to get back on track. So dumb.

Sharky

Smash Master
well in that case the cost outweighs the price of the smaller station, which I covered in my post =P

and btw I haven't ridden a bike since I got a car in august XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You East coast states and your fees for crossing into other states. Out here in Utah, I can go to my neighboring states like Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, etc for FREE.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
well in that case the cost outweighs the price of the smaller station, which I covered in my post =P

and btw I haven't ridden a bike since I got a car in august XD
DERP. That laziness.

You East coast states and your fees for crossing into other states. Out here in Utah, I can go to my neighboring states like Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, etc for FREE.
That's because there's no civilization that requires money for upkeep there. It's just long, flat prairie. With nobody living there. At all.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Exactly, but not up north where I live. The middle south section of Utah is where nothing is.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
OShi- So BC is actually housing too :D Thunder and BC are pretty cool although BC can be very random at times >.>
Random= stupid or obnoxious. But I probably won't be as much since I'm in a yoshi house where in a matter of 30 secs I'll be seeing darkness and green circles(egglay). But seriously I'll be on my best behavior.

Also as for sleeping arrangements I get the inside of the fridge because it's spacious and cold:luigi: jk. I'm fine with anything Couch, floor, or anything else.

Sharky

Smash Master
the people coming with me want me to reserve a hotel room for us, but I wanna house here ;_; and I don't expect there's room for another 4 people here =/

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Erm... I dunno. I could see if I could rearrange some stuff. As far as space goes, I have:

An attic that's 22 heel-toe steps long. It's got some instruments and stuff set up along the wall and in a corner. Also has some desks/tables with TVs for game playing. Depending on how much you guys can tolerate sleeping near each other, it could possibly fit...7-8 people? Maybe up to 10...

My room: I have a brother, so one bed is probably out unless he leaves for the weekend. This leaves a twin size bed and enough floor space for ~3 people.

Guest room: Has a futon that turns into a mattress (it's really uncomfortable though...), but plenty of floor space. Maybe good for 5 people...

I'd rather not venture further downstairs. My room, the guest room, and the attic are all 2nd floor and up. There's a bathroom up here as well. If I had to, I could put some people in the living room. Floor space for ~4 people and a couch.

So, basically, while I could house over 20 people, I'm concerned about the fact that other people live in my house, as well as the fact that I want people to be comfortable here. I can definitely do some rearranging to create space, but I don't want to have so many people that my house becomes a mad house. I'll probably need to approve of the members of a carpool before I accept the group as a whole. Who's coming with you, Sharky?

Scatz

Smash Champion
They're all sharks. I don't wanna hear no jaws theme while i'm sleeping.

Sharky

Smash Master
pikapika, goggles, and a couple other people I don't know yet. It looks like pikax2 and goggles are going to find something else though so I just gotta figure out who else I'm taking and what they're doing.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
K guys, update time: Although my Dad said he doesn't realllllllllly care, he sorta hinted at the fact that he didn't want a massive load of people here. So, I may have to be selective about who comes. I'm gonna get a count of what's being requested at the moment.

Firefly
Raptor
Fluttershy?
Sharky's Group - 3 or 4?
Scatz's group - 2 or 3?
Thunder
BC
DTorr

Assuming highest numbers, that's 13 people.

I need people to confirm their group sizes or whatever so I can get a number check. If numbers get too large, I WILL most likely need to reject some people and only keep those who could really use the housing. As of this point, I would prioritize those coming from far away, then those with strict budgets/no transportation. So, as a tentative priority list...

First Priority

Firefly, Scatz's Group, Dtorr, Fluttershy (Far OOS/OOC)

Second Priority - Thunder(PA), Sharky's Group (Upstate NY is far).

Third Priority - Raptor, BC. (Sorry guys, you're not that far away. You live in the city area.)

Get your plans confirmed guys! I'd love to house everyone but I can't give definite answers to anyone outside of First Priority until I get group sizes in!

Scatz

Smash Champion
What's the deadline? I'll try to get in touch with my friends, but they're acting skiddish atm.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
It's understood so no problem. We're not in the city area though, or else we would just stay at our houses xD

Btw Gashi, what exactly are the chances of you coming? Are you more likely to come to Apex than not?

Sharky

Smash Master
goggles and pikax2 said that I wouldn't have to worry about them that they'd find something. I'm pretty sure I'm driving san now too, and I might drive one other person which would bump my group up to 3, but again I haven't talked to san/unknown other person yet so I can't come up with any numbers other than a max of 3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
More than likely not, but I wanna make sure that if im able to pull it off that Im prepared.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hear there be lots of Yoshis at Apex

Up for a character crew battle? Ike vs Yoshi

Probably looking at 5 vs 5 3 stocks each

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I hear there be lots of Yoshis at Apex

Up for a character crew battle? Ike vs Yoshi

Probably looking at 5 vs 5 3 stocks each
We have these guys all going:
RaptorTEC
Delta Cod
ForwardAirRage!
Slush
Killinator90
Firefly
SilentBeast
Sharky
V3ctorman
Karamity

And these guys are probably going:
Scatz
darkleviathin80

And also, Im trying to make it as well. So yeah, Id say we definitely have enough for a 5v5.

From the people guaranteed on going, Id say the team would end up being something like:
Delta
Firefly
Slush
Raptor
FAR/Sharky

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Ike is like one of my worst mu's, but I'm working on it and it should be one of my mu's I learn by Apex. :)
Also, I was thinking about this. What about a EC v WC Yoshi crew battle? 3v3 or 4v4 if it's possible.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm the only WC Yoshi going though, unless we want to count Texas as WC... :x

Edit: Whoa, I got ninja'd pretty hard. :x Character crews of some kind would be sick, but it definitely depends on the MU, lol. Yoshi vs. Wario sounds fun, aside from the fact that there will always be a possibility that some poor chap will get infinited... >.<

:005:

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yeah we would count Texas. I'm hoping Polt goes that way it can be something like Polt, Firefly, and Slush for WC. EC: Delta, Raptor, Sharky ? Idk just an idea. I agree with other character crew battles. A lot of Yoshis are going to this so we should take advantage of this and have as many as possible.

If you guys would like, I could post a thread for this on the tournament events board.

Top Bottom