• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX. We get 4th seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
FZ, is your offer for making headbands still going for pikas who have recently confirmed now that you no longer have access to that one store? Just with a more limited color selection? Or is the offer past its deadline?

If it is still good I'd like to update the thread title reminding late confirmations to ask about one. But don't feel obligated to extend it or anything, you've gone above and beyond already. If you can't, you can't nbd.

bigman40

Smash Master
What is still holding you back? I think just about every pika who posts on these boards is gonna be here for this. Make it here! I can thank you for your glorious hack pack in person. =)
My funds are holding me back. My dad said that I could use his flier miles to get there, so that's a ton of money I'm saving, but I still have to get some extra money and set stuff straight. And to note, I'll be with GA when I ride up there.

Plus, my update is mad late, but I'm still trying to make it as **** as possible for everyone and not confusing for people when used in tourneys. For people waiting on my pack, it'll be worth the wait imo.

EDIT: Bigman, get your butt over here! ^_^ *chanting*

Hush you. You've seen me at HERB 3 and I have no excuse to miss MLG Raleigh.

Although, I am quite honored to be on the OP lol.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Apparently my crew wants to go to Raleigh now, lol.

Still Biggy, you gotta come to Apex. It's gonna be the biggest gathering of Pikas so far, can't miss it.

bigman40

Smash Master
Which is why i'm trying literally all that I can to go. Hopefully this film shoot deal goes through and I'll make big money off it.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Action Movie Trailer Voice go!

One weekend. One gathering. One chance.
He is ready to prove himself. *dramatic music playing with explosions*

*abandoned city scene*He has made a promise...he will be strong. *sirens in the background* But he isn't alone.

Prepare yourself for the biggest pikachu gathering in history. *dramatic music intensifies*
Excitement!
Heartbreak!
Action!
*dramatic music intensifes louder, then quiets*

APEX 2010: A Pika's Story.

Trailer coming soon! Premiering in August 2010!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390

*abandoned city scene*He has made a promise...he will be strong. *sirens in the background* But he isn't alone.

Prepare yourself for the biggest pikachu gathering in history. *dramatic music intensifies*
Excitement!
Heartbreak!
Action!

LOL omg wow. thats like, somehing i would post haha thats so legit we need to make that into a movie trailer when we get there.

also roller, yeah i already told one person id make em a headband cuz i had an exta but yeah the headbands are like, well, ive got a **** ton to make as is so im gonna have to say i acnt make anymore for new ppl coming, sorry new people! :(

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'll bring a camera.

But the trailer is animated. More like a hype video I should be working on.
But I'll bring the camera.

FZ, good luck with the headbands!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
thnx on the haedbands luck leaf!

yeah u shld def bring a camera, me and arikie are gonna videotape players and stuff for the next TAG monthly we have for fun instead of just showing our replays. we gonna have commentary and everything shld be fun for u guys to see

Roller

Smash Legend
It's more than ok about the headbands FZ. I have one. That's all that matters. ;)

As for the recording and whatnot. MXXD has a recording setup and lives in town. So we can definitely get good quality commentary matches at the Pika House, and yeah, cameras may be a good idea. We could probably make a whole thread after on like. Vids/pics/commentary matches we get from apex. lol

or just post them here.. That would work.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
My funds are holding me back. My dad said that I could use his flier miles to get there, so that's a ton of money I'm saving, but I still have to get some extra money and set stuff straight. And to note, I'll be with GA when I ride up there.

Plus, my update is mad late, but I'm still trying to make it as **** as possible for everyone and not confusing for people when used in tourneys. For people waiting on my pack, it'll be worth the wait imo.

Hush you. You've seen me at HERB 3 and I have no excuse to miss MLG Raleigh.

Although, I am quite honored to be on the OP lol.
If I don't see you at Apex, I'll definitely see you at Raleigh MLG (I live only like 30 minutes from there ^_^). Your yoshi is goin' DOWN! (better get some of dat marth and sheik matchups in and don't forget about DK's... you're in NC territory now which means... LOTS OF NUB AND GOOD DK's! [for some odd reason...])

Excitement!
Heartbreak!
Action!

Try this template out for maximum effect ^_^. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFicqklGuB0. TOTALLY LEGIT! ^_^

I really think MLG Raleigh is killing APEX :X
In regards to the single-most largest PIKACHU gathering, I don't think MLG raleigh will rock out Apex gathering. The only thing missing is what... ESAM, (is anther coming to apex?), Z, and a couple others ?~which is the only thing I regret about apex (at least right now until more sign up).

The only way Raleigh will rock out Apex (in terms of pikachus) is if someone held a Pika-house nearby Raleigh (while the other rich pro pikas crash at nearby hotels....

...Which leads me to thinking.... "Hey, wait.... I live right next to Raleigh!...." *grins ^_^*

Whatever happens, Apex or Raleigh, you'll (FINALLY!) find me there! Prepare! >:D
It's more than ok about the headbands FZ. I have one. That's all that matters. ;)
wa
As for the recording and whatnot. MXXD has a recording setup and lives in town. So we can definitely get good quality commentary matches at the Pika House, and yeah, cameras may be a good idea. We could probably make a whole thread after on like. Vids/pics/commentary matches we get from apex. lol
Don't forget I'm also bringing a full recording
setup (dazzle+laptop+deinterlace software crap) also with some tools for processing and adding in music! Double the power, double the videos, or in half the time! ^_^

APEX and MLG IS WHERE IT'S AT!!!

@ Brian:

I'm a marketer (as you guys could probably tell) and one of my clients is a printing company. They do all sorts of cool stuff with shirts and whatnot. I could try to get shirts done for the event (or after the event, and have it shipped to you guys). You guys want any designs on it? Vote? Or do you want the "Group Picture" on it after Apex is over with something like (YOU MISSED OUT! WE DIDN'T! APEX 2010!).

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm starting to think maybe MLG Raleigh might be better to go to than Apex

Let's compare.

Meeting virtually every pika this side of the Prime Meridian (and 1 or 2 on the other side), Having 1/2 a week where you can do all the friendlies/MMs you want both at the event AND at the Pika House, Option to go to 6 Flags (Top Tier Amusement Park), it's in your state so you don't have to travel far, Ldpk's cooking, TVs don't lag.

OR meeting a few pikas, playing on laggy TVs, most likely paying for a hotel, and traveling further.

...I don't see the question here.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
^ lol qft. and headbands, dont forget headbands.

also ldpk if ur making shirts cld u possibly make one for me that says Forever Zero with a pika on it, like the pika in the middle and forever zero on the right breast of the shirt? thatd be legit, but if u cant thats cool lol

Roller

Smash Legend
^ lol qft. and headbands, dont forget headbands.

also ldpk if ur making shirts cld u possibly make one for me that says Forever Zero with a pika on it, like the pika in the middle and forever zero on the right breast of the shirt? thatd be legit, but if u cant thats cool lol
I assume he's thinking more along the lines of a generic shirt and buying in bulk. I'd go against the picture 'cause those shirts usually don't wind up looking the best. Simple is usually better. Something like the Apex design on it and somehow referencing the Pika House or Pika in general. Some type of drawing as to what a "pika House" might look like irl or a **** ton of Pikas all hanging all over the big Apex logo or something.

Maybe with a list of the pikas going/who went (depending on whether they are made before or after) on the back.

Just throwing out ideas.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I assume he's thinking more along the lines of a generic shirt and buying in bulk. I'd go against the picture 'cause those shirts usually don't wind up looking the best. Simple is usually better. Something like the Apex design on it and somehow referencing the Pika House or Pika in general. Some type of drawing as to what a "pika House" might look like irl or a **** ton of Pikas all hanging all over the big Apex logo or something.

Maybe with a list of the pikas going/who went (depending on whether they are made before or after) on the back.

Just throwing out ideas.
Oh okay. I'll be waiting to accept any design "ideas" and i'll try to do the one that is most popular. Or better yet, if some of you guys know of a few pictures/images that I could photoshop together and modify i could do that real easy. I just want everyone to have a chance to agree on a shirt design. I might make a poll or something if people really like the idea. How many people would want a shirt? If it was free? If it was $8? If I got some personalized (like Forever Zero's)?

My mother also has a close friend who is a manager at fedex kinkos. I could borrow the group picture file and have it printed with special captions/effects/embroidery and framed or blown up poster size in various ways. We could get creative with this. Would that interest anyone?

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
rollers idea is great id like that. or maybe like like like, the movie animal house, but but but, the guys shirt would say pika instead

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ussi u have to go! ike dittos and i need ur ike help and and................. *see avatar*

Roller

Smash Legend
I'd definitely be down for a shirt regardless of if it was a couple bucks.

And I agree. Ussi, you need to get here. I need help on the ike matchup. A friend of mine showed up with ike today and wrecked ****. I only played his ike once (on FD), and mxxd did a few times and he was quite the force to be reckoned with. He's now strongly considering Apex as well.

Also. Someone brought Pokemon Puzzle League to my smashfest tonight. SO FUN. **** is too good. TOO GOOD.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just have to study and i'll be fine in organic chemistry >.>;; I got an A on the first exam :D

and when sometime is on the line my brain goes overdrive

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
good, u gotsta come, otherwise my ike will have to be his practice and urs is prob like X1012342352 better

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike isn't hard to use outside of spacing.. its just all mentally really. Though i guess I have an Ike mentally >.>; D: I need my Pika Mentally to be boosted

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Ike isn't hard to use outside of spacing.. its just all mentally really. Though i guess I have an Ike mentally >.>; D: I need my Pika Mentally to be boosted
well we have no range so think ike but play safer LOL
dtilt and um, empty shs and punishing moves. and spamming, lots of that

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
I'd be willing to pay for a shirt, I personally think we should get an awesome face pikachu on the front, and on the back it says. "Yeah, we got matching shirts"

EDIT: My recording setup is confirmed, so ya. We'll get LOADS of matches + commentary, just remember to save clips for Pika CCV, kthnxbai

bigman40

Smash Master

If I don't see you at Apex, I'll definitely see you at Raleigh MLG (I live only like 30 minutes from there ^_^). Your yoshi is goin' DOWN! (better get some of dat marth and sheik matchups in and don't forget about DK's... you're in NC territory now which means... LOTS OF NUB AND GOOD DK's! [for some odd reason...])

Funny. I just lost to a DK/MK Player in losers today. I haven't been playing Yoshi a lot lately. Been working on my Pika and other stuff.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
lol. ima look for a ringtone that just says pikaaaaaaa haha
and the pika handshake shld be like, just a shake fist pump where as u pull away u say pika and say chu once u fist pump,

we shld all put our hands un a circle like a football team and give encouraging words and then have someone say like "what adorable squirrel is gonna dominate apex?" and everyone just go " Pi Ka Chu!" and break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom