• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX. We get 4th seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
Bump to remind everyone to register. Price goes up on the 30th I believe. I'll add a link to the registration site once I stop being lazy.

EDIT: You MUST preregister for this event, and it is 100% refundable. So might as well do it now. Just takes a few clicks and a credit/debit card# and you're done.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Then do it.

It's expensive, but you've got plenty of time to get the money up if you really wanna go.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Well if other player's from GA go, and there's an open spot, then I would.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I.... actually think I have a chance to go to this... O_O *gasp!*

How many setups are there going to be (at the pika-house)? Friendlies will be so much fun.

I have this thing going with me (want to put it to the test so BAD!): give me 5 consecutive matches with ANYONE, and I'll be able to read 'em and raise h---. I'll know after the epic friendlies we play.

Just curious, how many pika-house attendees have a secondary that is actually beast material? I have like 5 or more like that. It'd be cool if we get some bada** marth, snake, mk, wario, falco, and other weird or wacky secondary crap practice in there before apex.

@RollerKing: If my brother and I like bunk in the same room, he provides his own food, and he doesn't mind cuddling up with me (no homo), can he come to the pika house too? He really wants to meet other pikas and has a mean Toon link that beats pikas for breakfast (kaylo please beg and help me out here--you know you luv my bro ^_^).

M15t3R E

Smash Master

How many setups are there going to be (at the pika-house)? Friendlies will be so much fun.

I have this thing going with me (want to put it to the test so BAD!): give me 5 consecutive matches with ANYONE, and I'll be able to read 'em and raise h---. I'll know after the epic friendlies we play.

Just curious, how many pika-house attendees have a secondary that is actually beast material? I have like 5 or more like that. It'd be cool if we get some bada** marth, snake, mk, wario, falco, and other weird or wacky secondary crap practice in there before apex.

@RollerKing: If my brother and I like bunk in the same room, he provides his own food, and he doesn't mind cuddling up with me (no homo), can he come to the pika house too? He really wants to meet other pikas and has a mean Toon link that beats pikas for breakfast (kaylo please beg and help me out here--you know you luv my bro ^_^).
Good to hear! :D
It's been awhile since last we've met.
I have some good secondaries. Let's see... I have a Peach that has taken ~2.5 stocks off M2K in 2 consecutive matches and a Marth that has gone even with Neo's during friendlies back when I was in MD/VA. I play half the roster, so we should totally play. :)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Good to hear! :D
It's been awhile since last we've met.
I have some good secondaries. Let's see... I have a Peach that has taken ~2.5 stocks off M2K in 2 consecutive matches and a Marth that has gone even with Neo's during friendlies back when I was in MD/VA. I play half the roster, so we should totally play. :)
YES! I play ALL the low tier roster with luigi and Pit as my only high tier-ers. Call on me for wierd-a** matchups. And I don't joke with my secondaries ^_^. Anyone else? *see the post above*

Roller

Smash Legend

Alright, here's the deal. I am ALWAYS in favor of "the more the merrier" mentality. Unfortunately my parents aren't of the same mindset. And right now they are expecting probably like 4-5 people to be coming. I'm about double that right now, and am attempting to keep it out of the double digits, so atleast I can be like. "Well it's not like I invited people in the double digits or anything.." However, a few people are tentative. If one of them drops out. Then your bro would definitely be the first one on the list.

But honestly, I'll probably let him in anyway just because I couldn't turn a guy away who needed a place to stay (look@merhymin'n****.) And my parents wouldn't get pissed about the one extra. So ya know what. I'm gonna just say yes. lol

As for the number of set-ups. The night before I will most likely be holding a smashfest. Last one I had I believe involved 32 people on 10 TVs. Playing all 3 of the smash games. As for set-ups we can have going throughout the tourney. I personally have 2 wiis, a gamecube, and 3 TVs. If anybody else is bringing any systems/TVs to get the raffle tickets or w/e at the tourney let me know. Also, you mentioned the rooming situation. We will probably all be sleeping in my basement. Don't worry, it's fully furnished and I sleep down there all the time. I have a couple sleeping bags and a couch to sleep on, but if you have a sleeping bag. I'd suggest bringing it. Here are some pics so you can get an idea of my basement size/quality.

(All from last smashfest)

As for secondaries. ICs, and a pocket MK.

Roller

Smash Legend
=P yeah it's pretty sweet. I love it down there so much. In fact I never spend any time in my room except for when I sleep, cause everything I need is either down there or in the kitchen. Actually. I usually sleep there too..

My basement is top tier.

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
I was at that smashfest, though I have to say I've gotten MUCH MUCH BETTER since then. I registered today for Apex, now I just gotta ask parents. Wish me luck you guys.

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't you ask your parents BEFORE registering??? would save the refund trouble if they say no
It's so far away as far as date goes, that if I screw up once, my priveleges get taken away, I'm going to ask closer to the date to make sure that I will go.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's refundable anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Better to get the cheaper price imo.

Roller

Smash Legend
Alright guys. So. I have mostly good news. But I've been asked to request the following. If everyone could pleeeease make plans to leave by as early Monday [preferably morning (Aug. 9th)] as possible. That would be much appreciated.

Ok. So there has been talk of people wanting to do other **** around the tri-state area while they are out here for Apex. 6 Flags and NYC garnering the most interest. Well, I'm giving everybody using pika housing the option to come up anytime from the Wednesday morning before the tourney (Aug 4th) onwards.

Feel free to use this thread as a place to make plans. I'd totally be down for goin' to 6 Flags with a couple of you. Let me know if you're interested.

EDIT: If I do not have you on the list for pika housing on the OP right now that means you are NOT staying in the pika house as of right now. Let me know if I left someone who has already asked out. Check to make sure you are on the list if you should be! Unfortunately I can't house everyone and I'm trying to keep it below the double digits. Also, if I have you signed up for housing and you WONT need it for whatever reason. Please let me know.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
havent payed for the registrtion yet cuz i have no cash but as soon as i get payed i will pay the extra fee for it. id be down for 6 flags but im coming on the 5th which is a thursday so if theres nothin goin on friday i cld go then. headbands are being made just fyi everyone!

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't know if you're going to be playing Melee or Brawl doubles, but those are both on Friday.

I know I had mentioned Six Flags, but I don't know if anyone else was interested. Anyway, I am really set on hitting Six Flags while I'm down there, but when doesn't really matter to me. I can come early or leave late depending on what everyone else is doing and drive up to four others. Also I'm probably going to be down there a day later, so if anyone wants to stay an extra day and split the cost of a hotel let me know.

Also I'll be bringing at least one full setup. I think I can get an extra tv in case anyone's bringing just a Wii..

Roller

Smash Legend
Hmm. Well Thursday night will most likely be a smashfest. But if you're down for going Thursday morning and leaving around 5 to get back here for the smashfest then that could work. (just under an hour away). Or Wednesday. I personally don't know whether I'll be doing doubles, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be there each day playin' friendlies/MMs, meeting people, and hangin' out.

As far as the TV goes. I have 2 Wiis here and 2 GCNs.. and a 64. (only naming smash relevant systems) so we could definitely make use of it. 'cause your wii makes 3 and I'm sure at least one other person will bring one. I have 3 TVs we can use, one is hd though..

Plus for the smashfest we will definitely need more TVs. So I'd say if it wouldn't be any trouble, bring it. If it would be I wouldn't worry too much 'cause I'm pretty confident I can get some more TVs in here for the week.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hm, since ill prob get in thurs night wld someone be able to come get me from the airport? if not i cld see about coming wed night maybe, but idk if my boss wld let me

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I could probably pick you up if you need me to.

Also my second TV is hd as well, but it might still be of some use.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hm cld we go to 6 flags on thurs possibly? if so i cld see about pushing my trip back one day

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Any day is good for me. I'm just all happy to go.
Is it really that cheap? I'm not complaining(obv. a good thing) but I thought I remember it being way more expensive...
Really, it's a good thing though.
****, I should get@ a plane ticket, that's one of the three big things stopping me, and the only one that can be dealt with...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Guys, there's this thing called Sixflags.com. I'm not sure, but it might have the answer you're looking for.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm not spending more money so i'm not going to six flags. My money is going into food and gas and driving to get practice more often.

Roller

Smash Legend
Alright, listen up everybody. I have a season pass. The reason this is relevant to YOU is because I get a ton of "Bring a friend for $15" coupons with that as well as a few "bring a friend for free's". There may be stipulations on the free ones as far as dates, so I'll check. But it shouldn't cost you guys more than $15.

And Thursday would be fine with me so long as we get back in time for the smashfest, which would still give us like 7+ hours in the park.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Alright, listen up everybody. I have a season pass. The reason this is relevant to YOU is because I get a ton of "Bring a friend for $15" coupons with that as well as a few "bring a friend for free's". There may be stipulations on the free ones as far as dates, so I'll check. But it shouldn't cost you guys more than $15.

And Thursday would be fine with me so long as we get back in time for the smashfest, which would still give us like 7+ hours in the park.
kk ill see if i can do wednesday instead then and be there wed night. wld u be able to get me at the airport if i came wed?

Roller

Smash Legend
kk ill see if i can do wednesday instead then and be there wed night. wld u be able to get me at the airport if i came wed?
Good question. See there is this.. problem? That I have. A lot of you may know it as laziness. Now. This is not a problem because I'd be too lazy to pick you up. That is not the case. The problem. Is that I was too lazy to ever get my license. And I think my permit may have just expired. I need to see if I can just get a license almost immediately after renewing my permit, or if the time I've spent with a permit already, counts (I think it does). If it does count, then I should be able to have my license well before then. If not. Well. Depends on a few things. One being when Pharrox/Ussi want to come up, and whether they'd be willing to drive under my navigation to pick you up that night. OR if I can convince my parents to. So 3 possibilities. 4 if you count Ussi and Pharrox seperately, which I suppose you should. So you have 4 chances of getting a ride that night. I'd say there's a pretty high chance you would be picked up. But. Ussi? Pharrox? What say you?

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
id say itd beat spending the night in the terminal like i did over spring break. utah airport sleepy time fun, not very fun tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom