• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX. We get 4th seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Ok...

Arrival will be at 12:08 PM EDT August 4
I leave at 6:29 AM EDT August 9

How are rides going to work? And how much would a cab cost to your house, Roller?

Roller

Smash Legend
Ok...

Arrival will be at 12:08 PM EDT August 4
I leave at 6:29 AM EDT August 9

How are rides going to work? And how much would a cab cost to your house, Roller?
Rides I'm still tryin' to figure out. anybody who is drivin' willing to make a pit stop at the Newark Airport?

I can look into the cab thing. But you scheduled for a 6:30am flight back? ****, you realize that means you figure supposedly you are supposed to get to an airport an hour or so before the flight, ride is about 45 minutes. Little while to get up, you're gonna have to get up at.. 4am? That's crazy man, lol. Maybe some of us should just not go to sleep that night. XD

And @ FZ, 6 Flags you wont have to pay for beforehand. But maybe check the website for deals?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Yeah, didn't really plan on sleeping that night. 5 hour energy is gonna be my best friend that weekend. Especially since I have class 2 hours after my plane lands...

So, how much is six flags? I'm on bad internet, I can't really go to their fancy website with the interactive things I'm sure it has.
/dialup johns

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Rides I'm still tryin' to figure out. anybody who is drivin' willing to make a pit stop at the Newark Airport?

I can look into the cab thing. But you scheduled for a 6:30am flight back? ****, you realize that means you figure supposedly you are supposed to get to an airport an hour or so before the flight, ride is about 45 minutes. Little while to get up, you're gonna have to get up at.. 4am? That's crazy man, lol. Maybe some of us should just not go to sleep that night. XD

And @ FZ, 6 Flags you wont have to pay for beforehand. But maybe check the website for deals?
i need to check my ticket but i think im leaving hella early on the way back to cali as well LOL. lets just not sleep, and play games n stuff

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
Yeah I really wanted to but there were only 2 people from my state capable of going and we can't afford to make that trip just us

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Oh yeah. In preparation for this, I need to train up a CC character...
Too much to do...after today, I only have Monday's class, though. I shouldn't have a problem getting everything ready.

In an unusual turn of epicness, I learned this was my 1000th post!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
oh i got camping down to a T............or at least a very unreliable T where i get bored and rush in lol

everyone needs to get ready for dat headband hype. no more ppl better flake last minute, im making em all as you read this.......

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh*

Well, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make it anymore. I just got an email saying I hadn't paid (I did), and it looks like I won't be getting my check until the day after I have to leave. Also, I've yet to see whether work has agreed to give me those days off, and I haven't found anyone to split the gas money with. Basically, it's a financial nightmare.

I'll let you know one way or another in the next couple days, but I figured I should warn you since it might mean one less car.

Roller

Smash Legend
0_o

Bad things. Are happening there Pharrox. I actually just got the same email and am wildly trying to fix it. Any chance you could just get your mom/dad to cover you with their credit card 'til you get the check? I really hope you can make it dude. Actually, I should be able to cut like $40 off your 6 Flags cost. I think I can only do it for one person, which since your car would be a ridiculous help, would be you. So maybe that can help offset the gas price?

Also. With that last message, cars are now an issue, we've got ussi. And that's about it. I could see if I could cajole a friend into driving us to 6 flags (those who want to go) but we only really have Ussi for transport to the tourney now. =/

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US USSI!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well ill be getting student loans soon enough so hopefully my finances will let up a little and i will have more money to play with and more tourneys to go to. this just happened to be at the wrong time :( rest assured i will be at a major EC tourney sometime. maybe apex 5? who knows

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Ok, so 6 flags.
Are there coupons or something you have? I see here that it's cheaper online than in person and I might just buy my ticket online then.

It's Six Flags: Great Adventure, right?
Sorry for stealth and anyone else not going btw

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well, it looks like work has agreed to give me those days off...ish. Also, I guess that email went out to everyone. Well, either tomorrow or Sunday I'll be doing some hardcore budgeting and I'll know for sure one way or another. I have two maxed out cards, a ticket, the IRS coming afte me, and now school is about to start. Money is a hard thing for me to come by right now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well my first cousin is getting married on saturday and my parents want me to somehow squeeze time to attend the wedding...

=_= will update on the situation later

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Okay, few things.
I was wondering if I should buy the Six Flags ticket online, because it's $20 cheaper to do so. But I think I heard something about some sort of coupon, if that makes it cheaper than that, we should buy online.

Also, FZ and whoever may be giving a ride. Just worry about when he gets here, not me, because I will just chill at the airport for ~5(?) hours until he gets there too. That way, it's only one trip, and if we need to, me and him could split a cab cost.

And Roller, do you mind if I do laundry at your house over the week? If I can, that cuts down the amount of clothing I need by half and I can pack better.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
a cab cost sounds so retardly expensive, what time you guys gonna be at the airport? (and which one) I might be able to pick you up if you pay split with FZ on the gas from Roller's house to the airport and back

speaking of gas, I will calculate gas cost going 25 miles per gallon, i will be exact too but round to nearest 50 cents

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
a cab cost sounds so retardly expensive, what time you guys gonna be at the airport? (and which one) I might be able to pick you up if you pay split with FZ on the gas from Roller's house to the airport and back

speaking of gas, I will calculate gas cost going 25 miles per gallon, i will be exact too but round to nearest 50 cents
seeing as how i went from broke to having almost 2 grand now, i can afford a cab split if need be. im getting in at around 6 in the evening (need to check with grandparents for exact time)

also if u didnt see in pgd, leaf roller and ussi pm me ur numbers cuz i lost my phone on tatsu, it fell out when i was riding so i have to get a new sim card tomorrow :laugh:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!

We are arriving at Newark International, and FZ's plane is (much) later than mine, so it would be his time.

seeing as how i went from broke to having almost 2 grand now, i can afford a cab split if need be. im getting in at around 6 in the evening (need to check with grandparents for exact time)

also if u didnt see in pgd, leaf roller and ussi pm me ur numbers cuz i lost my phone on tatsu, it fell out when i was riding so i have to get a new sim card tomorrow :laugh:
I'll PM it, sucks about you phone. :(

Roller

Smash Legend
So for 6 Flags, I wouldn't buy anything online yet, because you can always just do it the night before at my place. And you never know what freak event could occur preventing us from going. Unless you would be using your parents credit card, in which case, yeah go ahead and buy online. But yes, it is cheaper to get them online, except for Ussi who was bribed for his car. lol

In other news, Pharrox, I found 2 people who may be willing to ride with you from MI and split the gas. I told one of them to get in touch with you, if you haven't heard from anybody by this evening I'll PM you.

In otherother news Leaf, One of my parents may be willing to take me and pick you up from the airport sooner. Perhaps right away. I just need to find out about one other thing. Which brings me to...

In otherotherother news, LDPK what time are you and your bro planning to get in on the train? 'cause I will walk there to get you guys, and need to know whether I should get Leaf first, or wait for you guys before leaving.

Finally, EVERYONE READ. So as I've mentioned in the past, everybody who is staying at the Pika House needs to pretend they go to U of Michigan if my parents ask. And they can be talkative, so if they ask what dorm you live in, say East Quad. They'd probably just ask you that for the hell of it and whether you like it there.
I live in East Quad so if they ask how we met you can either say I forget but probably some dorm thing, playing frisbee, smash, or something else that I could go along with pretty easily.
If they ask if you go to the football games, say no unless you know about the team for some reason, lol. Easier than us having to bs our way through that conversation.

Also, if everyone who is going (who has not already done so) could PM me your numbers, that would be excellent. And I'd PM you mine back.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Easy enough, we all meet up to play smash at U michigan ahahaha, guess we should go off our real names then. Ussi is my real nickname so thats good for me :p

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, I know all your real names, and I'm fairly sure you all know mine (Brian). Doesn't mean we can't call each other by our tags at all, but yeah.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
So for 6 Flags
Right, freak accidents on this would be bad, I would rage.
I haven't been to six flags in forever.

In otherother news Leaf
That would be cool, if you could. And I could cover some gas money if you needed.
But how would we pull off me being from college if I flew in and they picked me up?

[Finally, EVERYONE READ.
All that would be easy. Acting skills ftw. And I'm not much of a football person anyways.

Also, if everyone who is going (who has not already done so) could PM me your numbers, that would be excellent. And I'd PM you mine back.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Yeah, I'm PMing my number to everyone now.

Roller

Smash Legend
That would be cool, if you could. And I could cover some gas money if you needed.
But how would we pull off me being from college if I flew in and they picked me up?
Keep in mind that it's the University of Michigan. And my house is in Jersey. lol

I take the plane to/from school for winter/spring break. It isn't odd. Also, fully half of UM students are OoS (out of state). Including myself, obv. I have friends from all over, no need to lie about where you're from.

EDIT: ALSO, found another kid around here who will be hangin out Wednesday/Thursday night to prepare, then will be staying Saturday and Sunday. And He'll probably be able to help us out with rides on those days.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
In other news, Pharrox, I found 2 people who may be willing to ride with you from MI and split the gas. I told one of them to get in touch with you, if you haven't heard from anybody by this evening I'll PM you.
Dude, if you could actually make this happen, I would love you so much no homo. I've calculated this thing will cost something like $150, and I can only get around $50 (actually more like $70 prolly). I'm not too worried about food since I can bring that from home.

That said, if I am able to make it down there I could probably swing by the airport and pick everyone up on my way or just go get people for maybe $6 a trip.

Also, what would you estimate the cost of Six Flags being? Is that coupon still on the table, or have you offered it to someone else?

The UofM thing should be pretty easy for me since I'm from MI though. :p

Finally, for anyone who might actually care or need it, my number is (734) 624-8176, and my name is Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom