• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX. We get 4th seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
Dude, if you could actually make this happen, I would love you so much no homo. I've calculated this thing will cost something like $150, and I can only get around $50 (actually more like $70 prolly). I'm not too worried about food since I can bring that from home.

That said, if I am able to make it down there I could probably swing by the airport and pick everyone up on my way or just go get people for maybe $6 a trip.

Also, what would you estimate the cost of Six Flags being? Is that coupon still on the table, or have you offered it to someone else?

The UofM thing should be pretty easy for me since I'm from MI though. :p
PM'd you about the potential rides. As for the airport, it'd be a help, but I guess we'll have to see whether you'll be able to make it or not before getting all that figured out for sure.

For 6 Flags, I actually had to use the coupon as a bit of a bribe to get Ussi here for it, as we were in desperate need of at least one definite car. =/

I know the price is as Leaf stated, cheaper online. Price drops twenty bucks to become $35. You don't really need to get the ticket beforehand though, 'cause you could always just buy it online at my house the night before.

EDIT: ALL PEOPLE USING AIRPORT. I found yet another way to get from the airport to my place.
Inferno is offering to give rides from Newark Airport to anywhere in Northern NJ (I'm in north nj). Price seems to be $10 for first person and $5 for each additional person. Just throwing it out there as another option.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
PM'd you about the potential rides. As for the airport, it'd be a help, but I guess we'll have to see whether you'll be able to make it or not before getting all that figured out for sure.

For 6 Flags, I actually had to use the coupon as a bit of a bribe to get Ussi here for it, as we were in desperate need of at least one definite car. =/

I know the price is as Leaf stated, cheaper online. Price drops twenty bucks to become $35. You don't really need to get the ticket beforehand though, 'cause you could always just buy it online at my house the night before.

EDIT: ALL PEOPLE USING AIRPORT. I found yet another way to get from the airport to my place.
Inferno is offering to give rides from Newark Airport to anywhere in Northern NJ (I'm in north nj). Price seems to be $10 for first person and $5 for each additional person. Just throwing it out there as another option.
hm. i know im getting in late on wed. so what wld be my best bet to get from the airport to ur house roller?
i can ask inferno if i need to, or i cld see if ussi cld pick me up. either way idc i just wana get there lol

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Sweetness on all this epic stuff now. I really didn't want to take a cab from the airport because they charge epic large amounts.

Which one will work best, though? That's the question on the field now.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll let you guys figure that out. You have a couple options now, whichever you feel would be best. Though I would suggest letting inferno know by tomorrow if you plan on using his services.

I have good news for on the way home. My dad has offered to drive to the airport that morning, so you should be good for that.

ALSO Parents are talking about a barbecue the first night. =P

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Awesome, I'll jump on that ride. Thanks. :p
And a barbecue, I heard that north BBQ is really different than south. But, I've been doing so good on that "No red meat" thing...maybe get some chicken too?

The box only has to move 2 more spaces on that calender...

Roller

Smash Legend
Ussi, just curious do you consider chicken "meat" even though it's poultry?

And Leaf, I guarantee you southern barbecues are far superior to what you'd get here.
We have some good steak houses and such but my dad is no expert on the grill. lol

The North has it's advantages, sadly exceptional barbecuing is not one of them.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Ussi, just curious do you consider chicken "meat" even though it's poultry?

And Leaf, I guarantee you southern barbecues are far superior to what you'd get here.
We have some good steak houses and such but my dad is no expert on the grill. lol

The North has it's advantages, sadly exceptional barbecuing is not one of them.
we gonna................steakkkk night. we gonna eat it right?

Roller

Smash Legend
lol, I'm so down for getting steak at some point. Maybe I can pay for it from money won off of MMs. =P

The barbecue is probably gonna wind up being more simple stuff, since we have some less carnivorous beings with us, lol. Looking like hot dogs, burgers, chicken, and pasta.

Leaf, I'll be in touch with you tomorrow. Let me know as you are boarding your plane with the gate number you are expected to be landing in (if known). Then again when you land.

FZ, Same thing. Do you know which method you're using of getting to my place?

LDPK, I sent you a visitor message, I really need to know your ETA. I wouldn't want you to have to wander around town aimlessly looking for my place. I'll be there within a few minutes of your arrival if you can tell me when that is.

Pharrox will be letting me know about him and his possible 2 additions tomorrow morning.

Everybody else, text me if you need anything. If you don't have my number, PM me.

See you all soon!

OH! Before I forget. Found a ton of buy one get one free coupons for 6 Flags. Looks like nobody will be payin' more than ~28 for a ticket. =P

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Anyone mind doing some stage testing in the pika house? I wanna get vids of PTAD and distant planet mainly...

Kinda want to see how the stages are from the new BBR ruleset

I personally want to fight someone's DDD on Distant planet with Ike (And my Ike being better than someone's DDD will still prove a point saying the better player wins on the stage)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No it isn't, lol but you aren't at the pika house now are you?

Also just learned DDD has no vertical range with his shield grab so the only way you can CG Ike up to the walk off is to get a running grab on me

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
So, what're you gonna do if I don't CG you and I rely on skill to beat you? Just because there's a walk-off doesn't mean that's the only thing that runs through someone's mind.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's not only the CG, the fact that main point of the DDD vs Ike MU was how DDD had an easy time setting Ike up offstage with it with a shield grab to CG.

Anyways, I'm just curious on how i can exploit this stage for Ike against DDD, i can't theorycraft this completely without some real playing on it. I'm not saying anything like "Oh DDD can't grab anymore, he fails on this stage", i just want to see how much it affects the MU. Playing you would probably give me my best result though

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
LDPK reporting here (anthony to you guys ^_^):

1) ETA: 8:39 PM Newark Penn Station (9:35pm if we need to take the raritan to fanwood).
2) Stuff: 2 asians; 1 hacked wii; laptop; dazzle; chinese cookin' skills (when bar-b-q fails, lol); Pokemon puzzle league; japanese naruto gekitou ninja taisen ex 3; Tatsunoko versus capcom.
3) We travel out of state often to play brawl with friends, so Brian (rollerking) could say we met at Mich U while playing brawl there. We've played at many universities and out of state just for friendly brawls (duke university, nc state, texas, Virginia, etc...). That would be the most natural way of explaining ourselves (me and my bro)--unless Brian's parents hate the carolina Tarheels on basketball ^_^ (don't worry, we sucked this year).

EDIT: WTF? Stealth!? My blood-brother! What happened?! YOU ARE NOT COMING TO SEE me, YOUR PUPIL?!

My number is 336 847 8258 for those comin to the pika house.

King~

Smash Champion
dont think ill be going anymore, our ride canceled and no one else is really passing through northern ohio. and other people are getting spots before me if they open up =/

oh well mlg it is

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BTW, Pikachu is AMAZING on Distant Planet and Pipes. Seriously too good.

PTAD is weird...

bigman40

Smash Master
ptad is a ******** version of Delfino. Large stage when not moving, small platform during transitions. The only difference is that the cars are there and super dumb.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
DP and Pipes are AMAZING!

Seibrik challenged me to an only DP MM because he "mastered planking". I just shot T-jolts at him from the slope and then grabbed him 3 times :D

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That was a long time ago. We don't have those stages legal at tournaments down here. I go by MLG rules since they are the most important. I would rather play with a wider stage set and have it narrowed at other tournaments then the other way around.

Just so you know, on Pipes we can CG every single character up the slopes. On DP, we can CG all but like...7. Samus, Kirby, TL, Marth, Jiggs, IC (Cuz there are 2) and something else...

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Can't wait to mess with those stages...
Now we can almost be like Meta Knight!
"Banning Distant Planet? I don't care I still have pipes, dawg."

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't think any place besides the MW and Washington are going to allow those stages though...

King~

Smash Champion
by MW you mean southern ohio and even then only one TO really puts those on(OUGA), occsionally az aswell. cause no one else really uses em here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom