• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Bye was probably the hardest out of all of them.
=(

Biggest Upset imo: Dojo not placing as high. Razer also not placing high enough (though you still did well bud). and Inui + Atomsk taking 3rd in teams. You guys were suppose to beat m2k and ally for us.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol... Zac, we would have won vs you and the sheep boy if Atomsk and I didn't have our synergy wrecked.

When he went for the jet hammer kill in the first match, it freaked me out. When he does stuff like that in super intense sets, it scares the living daylights out of me. It's like an illogical insane fear possesses me. After that, I got really angry at him, and we didn't get over it in time to win. He knows how angry/crazy it makes me, but he did it anyways...

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I did but I'm still used to hearing them say it in english XD

Castlevania english dub is so hilarious. Although they did a good job with Ecclesia.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I take it doubles doesn't qualify me to be a pro player? Aren't I tied for 2nd with Atomsk in total doubles points? >_>;
So far i literally looked at top 5 placing in the 3 events and used that - more will be added once we get interviews and bios done for the existing pro players

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo we gotta give Inui credit, he's been saying Snakes god tier for a while lol.

and Ally" basically"(in quotes on purpose) destroyed M2K at Apex

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Doubles is fairly amazingly fun and better... For anyone... :)

Top 3 in doubles and top 5 in singles should qualify for pro stats. That's 6 players from each group, and it lets players that only excell in one get the glory they deserve. I'd say getting 5th in singles is equal in difficulty to getting 3rd in doubles. Just my opinion.

Edit @ God-is-my-Rock: Snake's at least 2nd best in the game and goes at least even with MK... He's so fun and good, lol. Strangely enough, I finally decided on MK to be my main over Snake after Apex.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
No but seriously guys, if you havent heard Power glove check em out, im so pumped that theyre playing at S.N.E.S.

3 more bands to be announced :D

edit anyone wanna wifi?

boss8

Smash Hero
mk seems boring i like luigi.....

cause he's funny and random **** happens....

taunt spikes...

misfires..

up-b's

luigi just makes all his kills look funny and ********...its like watching peter griffin fighting the chicken everytime i play...XD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Inui, your singles placings are garbage in comparison to your doubles, where as every single person on that list places good in singles AND doubles

No offense, but you only get top 3 once in a while in singles, while those guys are consistently winning in their regions doubles AND singles. In my opinion, pro players should be players who are good at both. But that's my opinion, I'm just stating it for you to consider, and not going to argue it with you lolz, that is all

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, your singles placings are garbage in comparison to your doubles, where as every single person on that list places good in singles AND doubles

No offense, but you only get top 3 once in a while in singles, while those guys are consistently winning in their regions doubles AND singles. In my opinion, pro players should be players who are good at both. But that's my opinion, I'm just stating it for you to consider, and not going to argue it with you lolz, that is all
Dojo and Candy don't usually do that well in doubles. I've beaten them over and over in doubles. I beat Ally in doubles at Cataclysm 4.

Ksizzle usually does horrible in teams. His one good performance in teams...I was his partner. ADHD usually does poorly in doubles compared to his singles placings. Anti is in the same boat as ADHD.

You're wrong.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
theres gonna be conerts at snes!?!?!

major woodage!
Yeah we have a HUGE venue, multiple bands will be performing, we will have panels for entertainment, we will even have celebrity signings - which we have a large tent that will be set up outside the venue for

This is the real deal :D

CO18

Smash Hero
Dojo and Candy don't usually do that well in doubles. I've beaten them over and over in doubles. I beat Ally in doubles at Cataclysm 4.

Ksizzle usually does horrible in teams. His one good performance in teams...I was his partner. ADHD usually does poorly in doubles compared to his singles placings. Anti is in the same boat as ADHD.

You're wrong.
They also don't always team with amazing partners all the time that they have teamed with forever.

I team with someone that's just pretty good at this game so I don't place that high in teams all the time but whenever I team with someone good I get 1st/2nd doesn't mean Im magically just better in teams. Just have a better partner.

That's like Someone like Pride or something perma-teaming with m2k and they win doubles all the time. Did pride magically become much better at doubles just because hes teaming with m2k? No hes about the same but now hes teaming with an amazing partner consistently.

ANTi_

Smash Hero

You're wrong.
LMAO I DO POORLY IN DOUBLES?

-let me not... let me not.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I do well with everyone, though. I have taken 1st or 2nd-to-Mew2King at large and difficult events with teh_spamerer, dmbrandon, Bum, Atomsk, Mew2King, ChuDat, and ksizzle. I teamed with Snakeee at a tournament last summer and took 5th out of a bajillion teams, back when PC Chris and Cort played. Only teams that did better were Chu/Forte, M2K/Velocity, PC Chris/Cort, and Azen/Chu. We beat Plank and Nacker in the tiebreaker for the 5th place money. I got 2nd in low tier doubles in NJ with Shadow going all Ganondorf, lol.

Candy lost to and got outplaced by me and Atomsk when he had ChuDat. ChuDat has been losing in doubles to me since the start of fall last year. HAT/NEO and dmbrandon/Ether and ADHD/BlackWaltz fell to teh_spamerer and I, Wes/Bum lost twice to ksizzle and I, Bum and I took out Wes/Dire twice and outplaced Shadow/Snakeee and other good teams. I beat ksizzle in teams the other way when my partner was Izumi, and he's not even good at all. Izumi and Clutch, ksizzle's partner, are about the same, and we won 2-0. I mean...I can go on... It's really consistent, with a lot of different players.

I always team with amazing players because they know how much of an asset I am in doubles. They're not the reason I place high in doubles all the time. They're only 50% of the reason. I'm the other half.

For some reason I just can't get fired up in singles, so I'm always playing kinda badly due to being bored of it.

Anti said:
LMAO I DO POORLY IN DOUBLES?
You did well...three times? At an SWR event, you and Ether took 3rd, but you lost winners and losers finals very badly, and Atomsk and I took 1st. At a Viridian City, you and ADHD took 2nd to Atomsk and I. You and Judge got 4th at Apex. You and ADHD got 5th when teams of much worse players placed higher or tied you, and me and ksizzle got 2nd. Stuff like that has happened to you many times. So, as of right now, you're not that consistent in doubles yet.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I do well with everyone, though. I have taken 1st or 2nd-to-Mew2King at large and difficult events with teh_spamerer, dmbrandon, Bum, Atomsk, Mew2King, ChuDat, and ksizzle. I teamed with Snakeee at a tournament last summer and took 5th out of a bajillion teams, back when PC Chris and Cort played. Only teams that did better were Chu/Forte, M2K/Velocity, PC Chris/Cort, and Azen/Chu. We beat Plank and Nacker in the tiebreaker for the 5th place money. I got 2nd in low tier doubles in NJ with Shadow going all Ganondorf, lol.

Candy lost to and got outplaced by me and Atomsk when he had ChuDat. ChuDat has been losing in doubles to me since the start of fall last year. HAT/NEO and dmbrandon/Ether and ADHD/BlackWaltz fell to teh_spamerer and I, Wes/Bum lost twice to ksizzle and I, Bum and I took out Wes/Dire twice and outplaced Shadow/Snakeee and other good teams. I beat ksizzle in teams the other way when my partner was Izumi, and he's not even good at all. Izumi and Clutch, ksizzle's partner, are about the same, and we won 2-0. I mean...I can go on... It's really consistent, with a lot of different players.

I always team with amazing players because they know how much of an asset I am in doubles. They're not the reason I place high in doubles all the time. They're only 50% of the reason. I'm the other half.

For some reason I just can't get fired up in singles, so I'm always playing kinda badly due to being bored of it.

You did well...three times? At an SWR event, you and Ether took 3rd, but you lost winners and losers finals very badly, and Atomsk and I took 1st. At a Viridian City, you took 2nd to Atomsk and I. You and Judge got 4th at Apex. You and ADHD got 5th when teams of much worse players placed higher, and me and ksizzle got 2nd. Stuff like that has happened to you many times. So, as of right now, you're not that consistent in doubles yet.

3rd SWR event (in january lol)
2nd at viridian2
4th at a national
5th at viridian
2nd at polybrawl
2nd at Gametable

idk seem's consistent to me.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I guess my standards are high in doubles because I haven't placed lower than 3rd, even at nationals, since like the first World War, lmao... How hard were the Polybrawl and Gametable events? I was at the other ones, so I already know.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I guess my standards are high in doubles because I haven't placed lower than 3rd, even at nationals, since like the first World War, lmao... How hard were the Polybrawl and Gametable events? I was at the other ones, so I already know.
Polybrawl i took 2nd in both events ADHD won singles, Bum took 3rd, Ninjalink 4th (64 turnout)

Gametable (wasn't that hard tbh) lol still 2nd tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom