• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
1. M2K
2. Mango
3. Armada
4. DRPP
5. Hungrybox
5. Wobbles
7. Ice
7. PC
9. Axe
9. Jman
9. Zhu
9. Amsah
13. Shiz
13. KDJ
13. Lovage
13. S2J

too many good people -_-

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
1. M2K
2. Mango
3. Armada
4. DRPP
5. Hungrybox
5. Wobbles
7. Ice
7. PC
9. Axe
9. Jman
9. Zhu
9. Amsah
13. Shiz
13. KDJ
13. Axe
13. S2J

too many good people -_-
You put Axe twice lol (And I don't think Pika is going to get that high anymore, people probably figured out how to beat the Pika. The hype is over IMO)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Captain Jack and I will have epic DK Dittos that go to last stock game 5 but I kill him with a classic Cargo U-Throw to Giant Punch Combo on Jungle Japes

Crowd goes wild and my almost 2 feet tall DK plushie comes to life and starts doing DK's aerial Up-B repeatedly, wooing several women (and men ;)) who I then bed.

and then I eat bacon. I offer to share some with Kou and Captain Jack but 1. Language barrier and 2. I have dishonored their families, and they will not accept bacon from me.

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Here's a better list.

1) Young Link
2) Pikachu
3) Mario
4) Doc
5) DK
7) Luigi
7) Yoshi
9) Pichu
9) Ganondorf
9) Mewtwo
9) Fox/Marth/Falco/etc.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Captain Jack and I will have epic DK Dittos that go to last stock game 5 but I kill him with a classic Cargo U-Throw to Giant Punch Combo on Jungle Japes

Crowd goes wild and my almost 2 feet tall DK plushie comes to life and starts doing DK's aerial Up-B repeatedly, wooing several women (and men ;)) who I then bed.

and then I eat bacon. I offer to share some with Kou and Captain Jack but 1. Language barrier and 2. I have dishonored their families, and they will not accept bacon from me.
Legit post

I didn't know you were bisexual

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea whether this will be a 32 men bracket or not, but the results for the top 32 should be along the lines of this anyway, according to me:

1) Armada
2) Peepee
3) M2K
4) Mango
5) Amsah / HBox
7) Ice / Hax
9) KK / Lovage / Axe / Shroomed
13) Kage / Azen / S2J / Wobbles
17) MacD / K2J / Leffen / Hack / Cactuar / Javi / Zhu / Jman
25) Chillin / Duck / CJ / PC Chris / Plup / Tai / Vanz / Tope

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
@ 32 man bracket image:

So many mistakes I don't know where to start =(
You are claiming, in order of outrage:

Chillin < Leffen (LOL are you kidding me)
Chillin < MacD
Azen < Leffen (lol again)
PC Chris < Hack
KDJ < KK (wtf, sort this out)
Tope < Javi

^these are all old schools Im supporting here, but thats because they are still top

2nd round winners onwards though you've got it right, except for the bit when Mango gets kicked out in winners semi....wake up, pp lost to him 6-1 Rom4, and that 1 set that pp got was both on last stock.

Ice > Leffen is spot on.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
While I'm at it, Chillin hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet...

Chillin is making top 5, you watch.

Or at least top 10.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
@ 32 man bracket image:

So many mistakes I don't know where to start =(
You are claiming, in order of outrage:

Chillin < Leffen (LOL are you kidding me)
Chillin < MacD
Azen < Leffen (lol again)
PC Chris < Hack
KDJ < KK (wtf, sort this out)
Tope < Javi

^these are all old schools Im supporting here, but thats because they are still top

2nd round winners onwards though you've got it right, except for the bit when Mango gets kicked out in winners semi....wake up, pp lost to him 6-1 Rom4, and that 1 set that pp got was both on last stock.

Ice > Leffen is spot on.
I think you're underestimating Leffen. He really is pretty good.

Edit: FoxF, I had no Idea Squirtle was a cross between a squirrel and a turtle until I saw your avatar. I always assumed the sq came from squirt.

Beat!

Smash Master
leffen would definitely beat Azen, and probably Chillin as well.

The other ones aren't that outrageous either. Hack would probably struggle quite a bit with PC Chris, but other than that, they're all at least plausible.

PP>Mango is the most unlikely prediction imo.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Their will be upsets.
Even though I think that the chance that PP-> Mango is slim,
its still possible.

Im cheering for the underdogs, as well as for my region ofcourse.

I predict S2J-> M2k. S2J is on pair with Hax in the mu vs Sheik.

unknown522

Some guy
1/2. Mango/Armada (I think that if this set happens, whoever is on the winners side of the bracket is gonna win)
3. PP
4. Hbox
5. M2K/Someone unexpected
7. Someone unexpected/Falcon main

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
I think you're underestimating Leffen. He really is pretty good.
leffen would definitely beat Azen, and probably Chillin as well.
I've played Leffen at Beast 2, and seen him play first hand a lot...he's good, he's smart, and he's definitely talented. But he doesn't have what it takes to be a top player; experience. Maybe in a couple of years he might be in a position to contend for the top, but he's not there yet.

There's no question that he would lose to Chillin...fox ditto? Have you seen chillin at fox dittos? That guy knows how to play it inside out, and he has more tricks up his sleeve now than ever before.

Leffen going Yoshi? If he was as good with another character as he is with Yoshi, I would probably give him a bit more credit. His Yoshi is REALLY nice, but it isn't equivelent to like Axe's pikachu, where tiers no longer mean much.

The other ones aren't that outrageous either. Hack would probably struggle quite a bit with PC Chris, but other than that, they're all at least plausible.
I haven't seen Hack enough to be confident for PC Chris, but I dont think PC is going out other than through some big big names.

Thinking about it, unless their name is PP, Armada, Mango (& M2K), I reckon most of those 32 you listed can end up ANYWHERE (except first). And out of those four, I'm pretty sure that one of those will be out pretty early, major upset-style. Also, out of old school PC, KDJ, Chillin, Azen, AT LEAST ONE will come in top 8. No question about it. They are all in really impressive form.

Edit: FoxF, I had no Idea Squirtle was a cross between a squirrel and a turtle until I saw your avatar. I always assumed the sq came from squirt.
Spreading the knowledge baby ;)

Beat!

Smash Master
leffen is playing Fox... >_>

And back at Beast 2 he was still maining Falco, so you're not exactly super updated if that was the last you saw of him.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
I dont think any fox has a chance of taking chillin out except Mango, Jman, and maybe you unknown522.

Leffen might take a game (=p), but hes not winning

@beat, yeah I know he has improved a lot (like everyone else), I just said Beast 2 because I had a chance to actually understand him as a player a bit more.

I know he is better....just as everybody is though

Man I'm so hyped

Beat!

Smash Master
You meant "take a game", right?

Anyway, I know Chillin's hella ****, but I don't think it will be as **** as you think. It could go either way.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
Dude ALL IVE READ is people hyping Leffen up...sorry but there is way more hype for him than...whatever the opposite of hype is =P

@ Beat - thats because he's played him so so many times, so he is real familiar with his style

If you look at any local scene, the top dogs will always have some games taken off from the semi-top dogs

count the number of times they have played compared to other top dogs, you will find its a bit more

Beat!

Smash Master
That's because he's really, really good.

And just because there's a lot of hype for him doesn't mean nobody's underrating him.

@ Beat - thats because he's played him so so many times, so he is real familiar with his style
Armada lives on the Swedish west coast, leffen on the east coast. They don't exactly play all the time.

unknown522

Some guy
I dont think any fox has a chance of taking chillin out except Mango, Jman, and maybe you unknown522.

Leffen might take a game (=p), but hes not winning
I have beaten him already. I dunno if I will again though.

But yeah, I'm pretty confident in leffen's ability as well, but you played him in person. So I guess we'll leave it at that.

strawhats

Smash Master
I've played Leffen at Beast 2, and seen him play first hand a lot...he's good, he's smart, and he's definitely talented. But he doesn't have what it takes to be a top player; experience. Maybe in a couple of years he might be in a position to contend for the top, but he's not there yet.

There's no question that he would lose to Chillin...fox ditto? Have you seen chillin at fox dittos? That guy knows how to play it inside out, and he has more tricks up his sleeve now than ever before.

Leffen going Yoshi? If he was as good with another character as he is with Yoshi, I would probably give him a bit more credit. His Yoshi is REALLY nice, but it isn't equivelent to like Axe's pikachu, where tiers no longer mean much.

I haven't seen Hack enough to be confident for PC Chris, but I dont think PC is going out other than through some big big names.

Thinking about it, unless their name is PP, Armada, Mango (& M2K), I reckon most of those 32 you listed can end up ANYWHERE (except first). And out of those four, I'm pretty sure that one of those will be out pretty early, major upset-style. Also, out of old school PC, KDJ, Chillin, Azen, AT LEAST ONE will come in top 8. No question about it. They are all in really impressive form.

Spreading the knowledge baby ;)
Don't forget about chu. I'd mention wes but he just got back into melee about 2 or so months ago.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom