• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX live stream(Ally wins...................)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn

Smash Master
It's in processing still,

j00tube does it for like, a half hour-hourish.

Vulpes vulpes

Smash Rookie
Is there a chance somebody recorded these videos at the tournament? I could watch the videos posted but the quality is pretty bad for me.

5ive

Smash Champion
Ninja Link had unlimited replays on so he'll use a capture card to record them later on.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I think this is only the 2nd time that the United States hasn't won a tournament it participated in.

So good job Ally.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Yep. Maaaybe there was one in Europe where Oro went and didn't win, but Oro wasn't one of our top 20 players anyways. So I wouldn't have counted that.

But Ally, like Captain Jack, was up against prime US players, so all props to him.

TheKingOfFuzz

Smash Rookie
Already, some threads here (and the comment boards on youtube, of course) are caked with cries of "sand bagging!"

Here's one from page eight of this very thread. Emphasis added.

m2k has sand bagged to manipulate the metagame before i want to see this happen at genesis with 5 grand on the line to be convinced.
Here's one from, of all places, the "should Meta Knight be banned?" thread in tactical. Page 371.

Hey guys,
watch the last stock of the last match.

Tell me that standing on a C4, waiting for it to blow isn't sandbaggage.
Now, mine is not to poop on anyone's parade, but it looked like M2K lost his last stock in set 4 by landing on a mine, or C4, or a grenade, or whichever, after he pulled up out of a glide and went into free fall.

Short version: he free-fell and landed on something that goes "boom" before he had control of his toon.

So before I don my black beret, twirl my mustache and declare this myth busted, what other stocks, if any, are being scrutinized by the crestfallen ban crowd?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I said nothing of a mine in my post. now stop riding m2k and blowing ally.
lol @ ad hominem. I am actually at my house. I am 100% positive that I am not doing either of the things you mentioned, while you are doing both of the things I mentioned.

lrn2argueplz.

JFURY

Smash Rookie
Very impressive win! Congrats, Ally! The Canadians were the only ones who saw it coming. lol

Oh ****, i just thought of how much money Ally probably won for this haha...

Zhamy

Smash Champion

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
lol @ ad hominem. I am actually at my house. I am 100% positive that I am not doing either of the things you mentioned, while you are doing both of the things I mentioned.

lrn2argueplz.
im not arguing, at all. stop being a nerd and looking for a net fight. it was a joke. and you really need to live a little since you take everything so literal.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
im not arguing, at all. stop being a nerd and looking for a net fight. it was a joke. and you really need to live a little since you take everything so literal.
You... did it again lol. How am I a nerd? You use a comma with a conjunction, not a period. I am living quite fine actually. Oh! It's literally, not literal. Take is a verb, so literally is the adverb. geez.

I could say, "stop being a B****". Then, you reply with something similar to what I said, and I go, "it was a joke lololol lrn2livealittle"

I'm pretty sure you get it by now. Regardless, I'm not looking for a "net fight". I'm just tired of people saying "OMG M2K LOST, SO HE MUST HAVE SANDBAGGED!!!!!!"

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
by sandbagging, m2k can shape the metagame????????

lol
weather you like it or not it happens, a lot of people see what m2k does as all that mk can do and if he loses something badly they say oh wow mk isn't that good.

It happened with G&W hylian was talking about how the match up was 65-35/70-30 mks favor and people came saying that m2k had been 2 stocked by some G&W so it couldn't be that bad. People always use tournament sets as examples in match ups and if the best player wished he could make his character look bad and the match up in his disadvantage.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I appreciate wut ur doin. I'm pretty sure every1 else appreciates it as well. Thank U and every1 else who puts up vids

L666

Smash Cadet
weather you like it or not it happens, a lot of people see what m2k does as all that mk can do and if he loses something badly they say oh wow mk isn't that good.

It happened with G&W hylian was talking about how the match up was 65-35/70-30 mks favor and people came saying that m2k had been 2 stocked by some G&W so it couldn't be that bad. People always use tournament sets as examples in match ups and if the best player wished he could make his character look bad and the match up in his disadvantage.
You can't honestly expect any half-witted person to believe that M2K sandbagged that much money and integrity away just to slightly sway a ban that, even otherwise, almost definitely won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom