• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

Battlecow

Play to Win
Keep in mind that apex last year didn't have effing POOLS

it's a process, guys. Unless we step up and host ourselves...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am writing this to everyone in this group and everyone who enters Smash for Nintendo 64.

We need 32 setups. We are asking for your help.

We would gladly compensate you guys but that is something we really need so we can run this event well for you guys!

If you want to talk to me personally please add me on facebook and let's talk. I do not use Smashboards much anymore and I have been very busy.

I will talk to you guys about anything but I will say I am very sadden with the attitudes here.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Who is doing the seeding and making the brackets this year? and when they are done can you post them here please.

Also Kefit signed up on DC he needs to be on WA with me and a few others as I dont wanna play him in bracket as I get to play him all the time here in Wa.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Please everyone post in the setup thread so that we can gauge how far away we are from 32 setups.

:phone:

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Just because he's in charge of Apex doesn't mean you have to suck his ****, Yobo.

And there's no way we're getting 32 setups lol.

Sedda

Smash Champion
wtf lol

Strife is running a world-class tournament for several games, might just be hosting the largest ssb64 tournament EVER in a couple of weeks, has everything organized extremely well, and he gets hated for not having RR pools when he never promised them in the first place. Then, the first thing you decide to say is "there's no way we're getting 32 setups lol."

Maybe that's why the 64 community in the US will never be able to organize a big national by themselves. Just ****ing go to APEX, try to bring as many set ups, and stop all the hate. If you're so mad at Strife, don't go to apex.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Then, the first thing you decide to say is "there's no way we're getting 32 setups lol."

Maybe that's why the 64 community in the US will never be able to organize a big national by themselves. Just ****ing go to APEX, try to bring as many set ups, and stop all the hate. If you're so mad at Strife, don't go to apex.
No, the first thing I decided to say was "Just because he's in charge of Apex doesn't mean you have to suck his ****, Yobo." It's "hate" towards Yobolight. There's no hate towards Strife. Thank you, Alex Strife, for bringing the 64 community together even if it's not in the way I personally wanted (are you satisfied now, Sedda?)

As for setups, It's just not going to happen. We're not getting 32 setups because we're not getting 32 setups. We're 20 setups away as of this post. That's not "hate" towards Strife or Apex Staff. If anything, it's "hate" on the 64 community. (Well, I guess it depends on what he means by setups. If it's just console and ssb, then we're almost there. 32 TVs, there's no way.)

And I don't understand why there's this notion that we can't complain or criticize Apex rules. Yeah, Apex is amazing, but it could be better. That's what my RR pools thread was about.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
^^^^

You are getting there Solo.

Someday you will be a big boy with real maturity just like your father

Your Mom will someday be proud of you

You are getting there Solo

Someday....

- Yobo

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
yobo have you done anything noteworthy in this game and community besides be an idiot, make long posts about ness, then give up on him entirely and switch to pika and not even play competitively or online anymore

i'm glad strife includes 64. it's like people take the dissatisfaction as ungratefulness. if you read through this thread and see what i've said to nintendude about the way things are organized and presented, you'll understand. or maybe it was another thread about pools or apex. i dunno. point is, nobody should stand idly by and let a community get shafted.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Why is people seriously being rude to cobr and solo? We should thank them for stepping up and try to help the 64 community as good as they can. Its not like they ever said apex sucks and strife is a loser. If he feels offended by us trying to get the experience of a life time, well then i can continue weeping.

Now that the pool discussion is final, we have accepted it and moved on. Maybe we get it next year, who knows. But don't trash talk cobr and solo for doing an effort.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I'd just like to point out that I don't have anything against solo or cobr personally, and everybody knows Solo's fox makes me wet, and cobr... well, he's a samus main =D

Idk about the others, but I'm not being rude to either of them, let alone trash talking them (yobo being yobo sigh). I'm just disagreeing in the way that they complained (and are still super salty) about the pools stuff. I think that they did well in the beginning, but when it became apparent that rr pools wouldn't happen, they just kept on pushing and pushing. The way you guys handled a lot of that towards the end made the whole 64 community seem childish. but eh, I still love you guys.

aaand alsooooo, if the RR POOLS thread was as amicable as you think it was, you should've named it something other than "the 64 tournament is going to be a joke" or whatever it is.

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
I actually really agree with your last point. I think by putting: "the tournament gonna be a joke", in the thread title kind of instantly made us lose.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
although in the first line he amended by saying "i was kidding, but i got your attention"

and in my defense, i accepted the fate of no rr pools, but there were other issues i was trying to address and hopefully get a fix for, or at least a good reasonable response to.

i love all of you guys I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP US ALL OUT HERE

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i don't know why more foxes don't do that, it's the best way to avoid shield grab or usmash oos

god yobo's falcon is awful

also: can someone get A$ TO SIGN UP? i told chris to yell at megavolt and valoem but i dunno i he did/if they're coming or not. we're at 137 right now, 138 counting ruoka. if we get an explosion in the next two days we MIGHT overtake the 150 person kanto, right? is that the highest world tourney?

****ing hype

Battlecow

Play to Win
Megavolt and valoem are the worst signer-uppers in history, honestly it's pretty legendary at this point.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i don't know why more foxes don't do that, it's the best way to avoid shield grab or usmash oos

god yobo's falcon is awful

also: can someone get A$ TO SIGN UP? i told chris to yell at megavolt and valoem but i dunno i he did/if they're coming or not. we're at 137 right now, 138 counting ruoka. if we get an explosion in the next two days we MIGHT overtake the 150 person kanto, right? is that the highest world tourney?

****ing hype
250 person online tournament in Japan

:troll: Fake smash>Online smash :troll:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will urge again to please help us and bring setups so we may run this tournament properly. We will look into helping people who bring setups and we are NOT taking those setups away for other events as I bought all the equipment for those said events.

Help us and we will help you.

Also I told Jimmy my thoughts and the future of Apex/EC/64 so I will leave it at that.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Thank you Strife for having 64 at Apex every year.

It has really helped our community grow. I hope were allowed back every year. Some people might be dissatisfied with the lack of RR pools but they're still going to have a blast at Apex.

Were a little worried about the Ruoka Dancho situation though. Is he ever going to be switched?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
He is being switched so do not worry.

We are VERY understaffed and working 24/7 on everything. Do not worry we have it handled. I just need more setups so that we can run 64 well and give YOU guys an experience.

The amount of stuff we have outweights RR TRUST ME

VVilde

Smash Cadet
"also tbh i created the 64 scene .... just saying"
Alex Strife 2014

malva00

Smash Master
If anyone wants to play me outside of the tournament, Dreamland and Sector Z are banned. All other stages are fine.:happysheep:

Also I would bring a N64 for the tournament but I only have my Japanese one since my American one freezes easily.

Shears

Smash Master
If anyone wants to play me outside of the tournament, Dreamland and Sector Z are banned. All other stages are fine.:happysheep:

Also I would bring a N64 for the tournament but I only have my Japanese one since my American one freezes easily.
$5 MM for anybody who wants to take me on in a drunk smash set.

Rules:
-Best 2/3
-Apex stages+Hyrule
-You must finish your beer completely before winning the game otherwise the game is replayed at 5 stocks
-Intentional suicide to throw the game and force a reset will result in a loss and a one beer penalty, lets all be gentlemen
-A 5-stock results in a one beer shotgun penalty for the loser and must be completed before any character or stage selection of the subsequent game (this can be substituted with a naked lap, choice is the loser's)

10smashedforsmashchars
You're on!

mixa

Banned via Warnings
if we get an explosion in the next two days we MIGHT overtake the 150 person kanto, right?
150 is the number given by King Funk (who attended Kanto 2012). However, on the Japanese site where a lot of this tournament info is, it says Kanto 2012 had ~120.
I think it's weird that numbers are so far apart. Judging by people's tendencies to overestimate Japan numbers for god knows why - see posts by Sheer, KoRo, etc - I'd say...

you better hit 192 with 32 setups and full recording equipment.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
well we have one day to get 52 people to sign up

so how are the pools gonna work now that we have over 128 people? just gonna still be 4 brackets except now there will be an uneven amount per with byes and all that? also i'm hoping regions are separated. i'll post the list of people separated by region once registration closes so i don't have to keep updating my goddamn text file

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord

Yeah I want to play you this year !!. I'm sure Kefit does too.

We hit 140 sign ups nice!!!

Top Bottom