• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i would like smellsworth to verify all of the information about the area

the day you can make it to philly from the new brunswick/somerset area in an hour is the day i'll eat my hat

AND I DON'T HAVE A HAT

this'll be fun, though. so long as i get a parking pass or something.

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
Probably gonna go since I live in CT. How does housing usually work?'

2 hour and 11 minute drive. Would be dumb not to go.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The hotel is the venue, just like Zenith.The rate is extremely reasonable too so unless you're absolutely broke you might as well just book a hotel room and split it like 6 ways or so.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
IMPORTANT

I'm looking for an assistant tournament runner for Apex 2014. If any of you looked at Melee or Brawl you may have noticed that 2 people were sitting at a desk by the stage for essentially the entire bracket. Their sole job was to run the bracket - announcing matches on the mic and entering results. This is what I am looking for. You would still be allowed to enter the tournament but you'd mostly be tied to the TO desk (though not quite as much as the Melee/Brawl guys because chain-ace and I are there to help obviously). There would likely be monetary compensation for this job. Let me know if you are interested.

One clarification I should make: chain-ace and I are still the ones doing all of the organizing (this includes seeding, setups, etc.). The assistant tournament runner's job is exactly what it sounds iike - a guy that helps the actual running of the tournament.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
AH YEAH THIS IS WHAT I'M WAITING FOR. Hope to stay there for a the entire tourny+however long people wanna stay. HEHEHEHHEHEHEH

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
IMPORTANT

I'm looking for an assistant tournament runner for Apex 2014. If any of you looked at Melee or Brawl you may have noticed that 2 people were sitting at a desk by the stage for essentially the entire bracket. Their sole job was to run the bracket - announcing matches on the mic and entering results. This is what I am looking for. You would still be allowed to enter the tournament but you'd mostly be tied to the TO desk (though not quite as much as the Melee/Brawl guys because chain-ace and I are there to help obviously). There would likely be monetary compensation for this job. Let me know if you are interested.

One clarification I should make: chain-ace and I are still the ones doing all of the organizing (this includes seeding, setups, etc.). The assistant tournament runner's job is exactly what it sounds iike - a guy that helps the actual running of the tournament.
I think the best thing would be a projector to project info for the bracket. Hopefully they have a bracket for what tv to play at also. Maybe have a deadline for when to start your match for each round and DQ ppl that don't show up on time. It's not like people who matter will be playing brawl/melee

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Oh man grabbing a hotel room at the venue will be a much nicer deal than the renting a car shenanigans I went through this year. And having more room will definitely be nice too. This is pretty near my birthday too, guess I gotta extend the trip and have an SSB birthday bash!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Hopefully they have a bracket for what tv to play at also.
Doing this and also specifying the times that matches need to be played will help TONS. We had pool captains at Zenith, but we didn't have a set place to play our matches so our pool got slightly scattered. And then since no one seemed to be aware of any time limit, people did things like go take dumps/showers for 1.5 hours in the middle of their pools. Should be set up to give like 1-2 tv's per pool, with a specified time people need to finish.

Also I'd be willing to help out, but I wouldn't want to sit behind a desk for the ENTIRE tournament.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Oh man grabbing a hotel room at the venue will be a much nicer deal than the renting a car shenanigans I went through this year. And having more room will definitely be nice too. This is pretty near my birthday too, guess I gotta extend the trip and have an SSB birthday bash!
Try to stay a little longer this year too!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I think the best thing would be a projector to project info for the bracket. Hopefully they have a bracket for what tv to play at also. Maybe have a deadline for when to start your match for each round and DQ ppl that don't show up on time. It's not like people who matter will be playing brawl/melee
You may be surprised to know that renting projectors for these sorts of events costs us several hundred dollars. If you can get us a projector then we'd definitely put it to use.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Also I'd be willing to help out, but I wouldn't want to sit behind a desk for the ENTIRE tournament.
shifts

also aren't there some a/v folk around who can borrow a projector from their school?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If I go I'll help calling and recording matches. Like I did while you and chain-ace were playing last year.

Don't wanna sit there the whole tourney though. I wanna be able to play friendlies. But I can certainly help out when needed, no pay required.

Only if the tourney is 5 stock though. =]

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Unless I get work by September, I am attending.

F*** it I am attending

Also, I'll help unless I am already helping Strife with somethin'

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Planning on going to this for sure.

When do people work out hotels and stuff? Splitting a room would be awesome

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Figured i'd bump this thread as Apex gets closer. I just registered online and I'm starting to get really hype about it! I recommend you guys register soon so that the organizers know that 64 should be taken seriously!

Top Bottom