• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
why even bother raising it to 192 if there are only 3 days left until the deadline. sigh

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
why even bother raising it to 192 if there are only 3 days left until the deadline. sigh
Think its so they can get last minute sign ups at the door lol

I recall someone saying if we get more then 128 sign ups they cant do 4 bracket pools anymore. What would they do if or when this happens then?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
they could, just, people would get byes i believe.

can someone please find out when PM hit cap and when the cap was subsequently raised each time? really curious to see the difference in response times

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i just find it hilarious that we were told for months we weren't getting a cap raise, then when they **** up, they give it to us to cover their own asses. i also find it funny that pm probably hit cap at 6pm on some day and had a cap raise the next morning.

but my statement was more along the lines of, why increase it by SIXTY FOUR spots instead of 16 or 32? it just seems like overkill. the plus side is maybe that'll be next year's default cap. but who knows, maybe we will in fact get 50 more entrants in the next 3 days.

Annex

Smash Ace
cobr have you never watched an infomercial?
If you say there's a limited supply of something more people will buy it, and faster.

Also I think you're victim-hunting a bit hard with looking at the time between hitting cap and getting the cap raise. Seriously, who gives a ****

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
it's the principle of the thing, homie. the recurring theme seems to be that people are made aware of something and then choose to wait as long as possible to address it and then wait longer to take action.

that is a problem. for many reasons, a lot of which were listed previously, perhaps even in this thread.

Sedda

Smash Champion
lol is raising the cap covering for anything? What do they need to cover for?
Cobr, you're complaining too much. Just chill bro. GO WITH THE FLOW.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Cobr is self victimizing guys. He lives his life around having something to complain about.

He plays Samus

He lives in Elizabeth

He even got a degree in English so he could complain better. Just read this status.

Rob Stone
17 hours ago
if it comes down to a choice between being unloved and being vulnerable and sensitive and emotional, then you can just keep your love

Even now I'm doing him a favor by giving him something else to complain about.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
ME AND THE 3 JAPANESE NEED A RIDE FROM THE AIRPORT (JFK) THURSDAY

I had to fly also because of work and now I cant pick them up. And now the age restrictions at the airport rental places prevent me from getting a car big enough for all of us.

We could go wherever after that, but I'd rather go to my house to sleep that night because there are beds. And a smashfest.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Just looked at the reg list.
I like where Merihime and Moyashi come from: New Hampshire, Japan.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
lol is raising the cap covering for anything? What do they need to cover for?
if you told a group of people they weren't getting a cap raise for months because of scheduling issues/setups, and that you'd fix an issue with a smasher but DIDN'T and waited, thus FORCING a cap raise because of your laziness, and then waited just as long to actually go ahead and RAISE the cap, you'd probably be like "well ****, the people aren't going to like this". thus, you'd be protecting yourself from backlash.

glad to see they're keeping it uniform across all the games, though, and giving EVERYONE a cap raise. especially this late. because you know, if PM had gotten one however long ago, maybe flights could have been cheaper, more plans could have been scheduled, etcetc. i'm happy we got a raise. i'm not happy how it happened.

just saying, there's a BIG difference between doing something out of kindness and trying to help a community and doing something to save face and make sure you get approval.

not even gonna dignify the resident village idiot yobo with a response

and ness mains are much more self-victimizing than me, CHRISTOPHER, i remember all of your asides and remarks about the little child

edit: is aa coming now or

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lol one of these days i'm gonna invite cobr and yobo over but not tell them the other is coming and it's going to be awesome

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
yobo will be sleeping outside in the cold like the useless sell out pika main he is

and if he were to go to apex he'd be sleeping in the landfill

a step below the keyboard players

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Lol don't get too ahead of yourself there cowboy.

You guys would obviously play to decide who sleeps on my ****ty futon.

Can you two pleeeeeeease have a mm next time you play?

Me and clubba will commentate. **** will be righteous.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i don't mm unless it's drunk against shears and solo

also there's no way in hell i'm ever driving up to oneonta again

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
He wins the award for Smash Gamer Tag That Rhymes Best With 'Hobo Might'. Get *****. Yobo too good.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
best trash talker award, where is it

but the 64 community is way too nice for it

picture mango vs hbox, then watch that sensei vs m2k where they laugh and cry together. random falcon kicks of love

there's too much joy and camaraderie. zenith 13 had too many smiles, what is that ****? I want more hate, the internet should have no limits for trash talk.

show the japanese that it's not ok to smile between stocks. kill them and look'em straight in the eye. taunt a lot

if only we had tigerbombz as our hero, isai sucks, ever heard isai calling someone out? we need more top players being cocky. srs

=)

Shears

Smash Master
i don't mm unless it's drunk against shears and solo

also there's no way in hell i'm ever driving up to oneonta again
This gives me an idea. Instead of puke and rally, how about chug and rally? If you can finish an extra beer during the match you can force your opponent to lose a stock. Its a risky move, but if you've got what it takes nobody could stop you.

Sangoku

Smash Master
This gives me an idea. Instead of puke and rally, how about chug and rally? If you can finish an extra beer during the match you can force your opponent to lose a stock. Its a risky move, but if you've got what it takes nobody could stop you.
That's where my single handed smash practice will... come in handy.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
, maybe flights could have been cheaper, more plans could have been scheduled, etcetc. i'm happy we got a raise. i'm not happy how it happened.

just saying, there's a BIG difference between doing something out of kindness and trying to help a community and doing something to save face and make sure you get approval.
Best point.

FYI Cobr AGREES to a $50 mm against yobo,

Sedda

Smash Champion
eh, whatever cobr. You're thinking about this whole thing too much. They just raised the caps because they could, not because they want to seem benevolent. They know there's more interest for 64 than just 124 people, so they raised the cap. Pretty sure they wouldn't have left Ruoka out either.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i don't know, sedda. after all the nonsense we've been going through for the past few months, i'm not inclined to be particularly trusting. i don't put on a ****ing ****eating grin for anyone.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
anyone remember me vs yobo at red bank rumble or did i imagine shieldbreak/sniped ness 4stock to samus ditto 4stock?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i guess AA is not going to apex then, no response to my other post

can't wait for ya'll to read my samus main article when the site goes up...

Sedda

Smash Champion
aa, please come up with your own annoying insults. I'm the only person allowed to insult Cobr for being the dirty samus main that he is.

Also, I think you guys didn't really go through that much. Asking for RR pools was cool of you guys, and it was ****ty of them to say that they wanted "equality," but it's not like they promised RR pools and then took it away.

Top Bottom