• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
mr jason zmmerman knows that the way he plays 'breaks the game' If he's so predictable and not very amazing, why don't you break the game harder and outplay and beat him :rotfl:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Why?
That guy has the most boring playstyle of anyone I've ever watched.
He's almost perfectly predictable in what he will do. I mean, no offense to the guy himself, but **** is his game boring...
Are you serious? He's amazing and he's beaten legit players. There's nothing better than someone who can come in and beat everyone with a different play style.Forces them to learn.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Guess Apex staff is just gonna wait until it caps to switch Ruoka.

Then be like, oh well too late.

Poor Ruoka.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
So Near, Dext3r, me, and boom are coming to apex...maybe there should be an image of all of us doing a koroface

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
any idea why my hori works perfect with raphnet adapter and its totaly broked in console a lot of false contacts i mean sometimes the buttons and the stick dosent work and i need to re plug it to make it work but by the time it happends again, any idea?

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I think my hori is starting to do the same thing but works better on a raphnet

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
7 days left til the deadline and i still need to sign up but apex staff haven't emailed me nor answered my pms about venue, nor have they changed ruoka from brawl...

i'm just gonna register tonight and ask for reimbursement then instead of waiting for a promo code

this is pretty ridiculous to have to wait months for replies and even when a reply is received **** is STILL put off for weeks.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Uhh mind if I message Alex Strife. He's responding to things a lot quicker

Anyone who is having issues with registering should message Chibosenpai

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i asked strife when he was streaming and he said to message chibo. i did, like a week ago. no response.

apex twitter said they'd resolve the ruoka issue before the event. somehow i don't think it takes a lot of effort to alter someone's registration.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Hey so I need help with TRANSPORTATION. Me, Boom, and 3 Japanese people need help traveling. I was going to drive around but now I can't drive down due to work. I might be able to rent a car, but I would still need one more person to help out. Message me on facebook and we can talk. I'll make sure the person has housing.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so apex has 10 spots left (9 if you count ruoka). which means all the people i want to see signed up won't be able to make it.

basically, megavolt and valoem might miss out. so might a$. and nintendude hasn't signed up despite helping run the event. clubba is looking like a noshow with the lack of an entry as well. star king is flake king and thought you could door reg. ballin's probably out. b link and vwls are either unaware of how high the numbers are or are flat out not coming. i saw barbs jr said he was gonna register but didn't, nor did moocow and bawkchicken. the regional crews a lot of us haven't seen like west covina and nyc don't look like they'll be joining either. hell, even armada ain't signed up, despite expressing interest. i dunno about those guys who are more obscure - like atothez, prisonchild, brex and low tier. guess they aren't, as well.

there are only 7 days left...and so many people missing :(

asianaussie

Smash Hero
the fact that tank and clubba arent going basically cements me as not going

i would say SK too but i was pretty certain he was gonna dirk out in the first place

also i suck at this game lolwut

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
to be fair, clubba has not officially said he isn't going, but if people haven't registered this late, i can't see them as having anymore interest in attending at all.

additionally, there are whole crews from other regions who showed up last apex and haven't registered for this one. PA, CT, OH, MA each had 3-4 people. i guess they didn't want to become a COMPLETE PART OF THE COMMUNITY.

on the plus side, we'll meet a lot of new people and have the ability to brainwash them into joining us forever.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Me and Kefit may not go to Apex 2015, so anyone who wants to play us better play us this time!!!!

Also seems we have caped out now. SO who is making the brackets this year? and when will they be posted?

Last edited:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I think the real question is who will make top-8?

I believe there's just a spot being held for me in the tournament.

Also, we still could use more commentators. Anyone else interested? If you don't express interest ahead of time you won't be able to just randomly jump on the mic like at zenith.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Were at 124 so it's 4 away from the cap.

And Ruoka still hasn't been switched.

What happens if they don't add him before it caps? If Ruoka gets screwed because Apex staff procrastinated about switching him (for weeks) that would be truly awful.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, I registered...

Doubters.

I also accidentally registered for Melee 1v1 somehow. lmao. Guess I'm gonna ignore all the calls for me.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Were at 124 so it's 4 away from the cap.

And Ruoka still hasn't been switched.

What happens if they don't add him before it caps? If Ruoka gets screwed because Apex staff procrastinated about switching him (for weeks) that would be truly awful.
Well it's the TOs who really enforce the cap soooo

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
As soon as the 128 cap is lifted to bigger numbers, it means the whole bracket will no longer be 4 32-man pools into top 8. GET TO REGISTERING SO YOU CAN COMPLAIN THAT YOU CAN'T ENTER AND HAVE THE CAP LIFTED SO THIS CAN OFFICIALLY HAPPEN.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I think the real question is who will make top-8?

I believe there's just a spot being held for me in the tournament.

Also, we still could use more commentators. Anyone else interested? If you don't express interest ahead of time you won't be able to just randomly jump on the mic like at zenith.
count me as interested.

also thanks for reminded me to register nintendude and kero.

also WHO THE **** WOULD EVER THINK I WASN'T GOING!!!!!????? They just blocked my smashboards at work so I'm less active now. Gonna **** all you noobs in the butt.

Top Bottom