• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Lol Illinois got dat ego lately.

KnitePhox calling me "free" the other day after losing like 6 of 8 games vs my bad Ness.

Han Solo trash talking Tanklin.

BC being... battle cattle.

I'd money match all of Illinois If I were going.
i wasn't really trying(honestly) and i said it seems you got worse, but i realized you were using ness

you were free the few stocks i tried but after that i was like 'naw no need to try' and in different games lost on last stock anyway lol

sheer, you're mad good tho, not saying u suck. your ness surprised me in that you didn't go yoshi or fox, nothing against you at all man, haha

TANK64

Smash Lord
Predictions for Apex:

Brazil does passably (I don't think they'll make top 8, but they'll do ok).

Illinois destroys every other region in crews (even with Komo not making bracket).

All Tank does is upsmash with Fox (and it won't work at all).

Battlecow

Play to Win
ooh me me me lol

PREDICTIONS

AT LEAST 2 people will CP me to hyrule and then whine about me camping on hyrule after I beat/outplace them and I will lap up their delicious tears and laugh and laugh and laugh (LOOKIN' AT YOU, FIRO)

Banze gets top 3 (I can't root against OoC people until they've done well at least once, my patriotism is overwhelmed by my love of underdogs and people who fly to rutgers from south america to play 64)

Illinois goes harder than vince carter's knee cartilage, harder than a mother****ing crack intervention, harder than finding ******** kids at harvard, AND harder than standardized testing/immigrants working

Isai finally wins one by going a somewhat-less-****ty-than-link character

I win all of my MM's

4 good players face each other first round and 4 brawl noobs derp away due to how ****ing hard it is to seed these things (I'm holding out hope but seriously, hook a brother up with a round of pools next time)

Tank and ballin' play the most entertaining set of all time

Kero actually doesn't suck

Kefit gets top 5 again

Everyone has a great time

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We're gonna do our best to seed the bracket properly. Last year I think we did a good job with minimal imbalances, and we didn't get any complaints.

I'll take you up on the MM, Han Solo.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Banze gets top 3 (I can't root against OoC people until they've done well at least once, my patriotism is overwhelmed by my love of underdogs and people who fly to rutgers from south america to play 64)
This. I feel like I love Banze already, and I don't even know him lol.

Illinois goes harder than vince carter's knee cartilage, harder than a mother****ing crack intervention, harder than finding ******** kids at harvard, AND harder than standardized testing/immigrants working
lol

Too bad FL is not... is not really gonna have much of a crew ... ;__;

Tank and ballin' play the most entertaining set of all time

Everyone has a great time
Agreed :cool:

@Ballin', we should team!!! So like is Darth coming or what ?...

We're gonna do our best to seed the bracket properly.
I hope so.

banze

Smash Journeyman
This. I feel like I love Banze already, and I don't even know him lol.

Dude!! How can I say no to a love like that ! =DDD
Lets hope I can do as good as batlecow imagine!!!
anyway, cant wait to meet you all and play you all!
Thanks guys!

firo

Smash Ace
AT LEAST 2 people will CP me to hyrule and then whine about me camping on hyrule after I beat/outplace them and I will lap up their delicious tears and laugh and laugh and laugh (LOOKIN' AT YOU, FIRO)
Ok

Anyone want to $10 MM best of 5, standard rules?
I'm down. Also, Nintendude, I'll extend this offer to you as well. We had some good games last year.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Anyone want to $10 MM best of 5, standard rules?
I'll do this. We can do multiple character matchups too.

Also Tank (usmash only) vs Solo (shine only) MM plz

@Ballin', we should team!!! So like is Darth coming or what ?...
I haven't heard anything about it, so I'd assume he's not coming. I'll double check if I see him at the norcal tourney this weekend.

I'd be cool to team with you, but I have to include this disclaimer: I am HORRIBLE at teams. No really. Like really really bad. Like at one tourney me and thegreginator got 1st and 2nd in singles, and then we teamed and lost repeatedly to people that we both beat convincingly in singles. In possibly related news I also hate teams.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Curious to see how that would work out

half the good players didn't go to 2012, of those that have been to tournaments I'm curious as to how you're gonna evaluate illinois vs florida vs norcal vs toronto tourneys

seems like you're gonna need some sort of holistic/online based 'valuating

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I'll do this. We can do multiple character matchups too.
You'll be "willball4money" after all the dough I win from you.

Also Tank (usmash only) vs Solo (shine only) MM plz
Easy money.

Also, I should mention that I will smack talk heavily in the coming weeks. It's not because I don't love you all (I do), I just want people to be as excited for this apex as I am.

Olikus

Smash Champion
i wasn't really trying(honestly) and i said it seems you got worse, but i realized you were using ness

you were free the few stocks i tried but after that i was like 'naw no need to try' and in different games lost on last stock anyway lol
best john of 2012

Olikus

Smash Champion
what happened to the japanese fund? I can pay some norwegian salmon money. Lets get one over here so battlecow and the other sceptics can see what they are made of with their own eyes!!!!!!!!!

Battlecow

Play to Win
we don't have any communication with them

it's looking late

but I'd donate for jousuke

IDK if we could raise a thousand unless your government coughs up a little more of that oil welfare money oli

Olikus

Smash Champion
we don't have any communication with them

it's looking late

but I'd donate for jousuke

IDK if we could raise a thousand unless your government coughs up a little more of that oil welfare money oli
It do depend on the interest for them as well. I mean if we could donate some it would help. We dont need to cover the whole bill. And yeah jousuke seems like a great option =)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Way too late at this point.

You guys dun ****ed up. If you wanted a japanese donation fund shoulda started one months ago.

Have fun playing Isai round 1
It'd obviously backfire If I had to play Isai or Boom real early (or Jaime even). But it might be worth it for the chance of beating some good players real early instead of brawl noobs.

Top Bottom