• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Bracket + Predictions thread (tio file posted)

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nice, I'm excited for all this. Especially the fist fighting. Sidebets?

Anyway, so I figured I'd throw out some money matches I'd like to get in now that the brackets are posted. I won't get to play any of you guys in tournament, most likely, so:

Jel
Kefit
Banze
Battlecow
Firo
Sheer

Anyway, those are just who come to mind. If anyone else wants to mm, I'm most likely down.

Also, I will mm anyone any amount of money in a drinking contest.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
this is honestly where my everclear could potentially win me sick dough

although i'm down for a smash drinking game any night

The Star King

Smash Hero
Although I honestly agree with Sheer about the practicing (you can't train against Sheer's Yoshi unless you play... Sheer's Yoshi).
Actually, I believe he specifically said you could play my Yoshi :awesome:

Also wut @ went down in this thread

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Haha this thread got funny, thanks TANK
[INSERT GIGGLING TSWIFT GIF]

I'm down for 20$ 12 character battle mm vs you
Cool. As long as we got time then I will do this.

I will do this
As long as we have time to do 12 character battle MM im down.

Man I'm pretty disappointed Nintendude made me tell everyone I'm going to Apex.

Was gonna be so fun money matching people that didn't know who the hell I was.
LOL be hard to hide when you posted your pic on here that and if you pick Ness or Yoshi and start playing players who have played you would know its you.

Nice, I'm excited for all this. Especially the fist fighting. Sidebets?

Anyway, so I figured I'd throw out some money matches I'd like to get in now that the brackets are posted. I won't get to play any of you guys in tournament, most likely, so:

Jel
Kefit
Banze
Battlecow
Firo
Sheer

Anyway, those are just who come to mind. If anyone else wants to mm, I'm most likely down.

Sweet I will put you down for MM.

I'll MM anyone on Monopoly, it has to be the N64 version because the board game is FAKE Monopoly! wut.
Lets Samus ditto MM

guess I should be telling everyone who I'm going to pick :awesome:

I kinda like the idea of going random character every match. that would please the high-tier *****s sooner or later and please the other-tier *****s sooner or later and let me do something fun at the same time
This would be alot of fun to see. Also hope to play you more this year.

MM LIST:
ballin4life $5
Banze $5
Chain-ace $5
BattleCow $5
Megavolt $5
Hansolo $5
b.rex (??)
Sensei (vs your Link?? best of 3)

12 character battle MMs for $20
KnitePhox
ballin4life

Rules
for all MMS other then 12 character battle

Best of 5 unless noted and we will use BR rule set (note all MMS other then 12 character battle games will be recorded unless for some reason i cant record them)

If I'm missing someone let me know.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I have to watch football Saturday night
Redskins are out, nobody cares about the NFL anymore. You don't really want to watch the Niners get ****ed up do you? Come play smash instead!

Sooo is sheer definitely "Don't Blink"? I want to make a bracket for fun and that would be, as they say, a bracket buster

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if Isai will sandbag or not, but if he does, i'm 90% sure banze will win this tournament, since he'll stomp boom and then there's nobody he can possibly lose if Isai dont go pikachu. ;)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I dont know if Isai will sandbag or not, but if he does, i'm 90% sure banze will win this tournament, since he'll stomp boom and then there's nobody he can possibly lose if Isai dont go pikachu. ;)
nah man boom gonna jv 6 stock banze EZ ;)

TANK64

Smash Lord
Redskins are out, nobody cares about the NFL anymore. You don't really want to watch the Niners get ****ed up do you? Come play smash instead!

Sooo is sheer definitely "Don't Blink"? I want to make a bracket for fun and that would be, as they say, a bracket buster
Yea he's don't blink.
Lmaooo sure buddy...
Oh man... Oh man...

The Star King

Smash Hero
"No you won't be able to guess"
*most obvious one*
<3 Sheer

And I'm gonna have to say the obligatory thing everyone from NA is gonna say - Boomfan would wreck banze

clubbadubba

Smash Master
hell, i'd put money on lowly star king over banze. Guess we'll never know though will we

malva00

Smash Master
sandbag: " Add: [3.] b.3.b transf. To underperform in a race or competition in order to gain an unfair handicap or other advantage. slang. "

nope I don't do that

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Going to assume the 4G tether/hotspot service is no longer needed for streaming unless chainace or nintendude say so.. got until tomorrow

LLDL

Smash Hero
As long as we can get someone's student access we will be good. I'll keep their word for it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
"No you won't be able to guess"
*most obvious one*
<3 Sheer
Whatever. For like 3 weeks I was able to contain my excitement and nobody had the slightest clue I was entered. It took Nintendude making me tell you guys for anyone to even figure it out.

But he's the TO and I respect the kid, so I had to do it. Oh well.

I could have easily made myself look way different than pictures. Then I could have hustled battlecow and what not. Would have been awesome.

megavolt yes let's money match. How bout $5? Jel same to you.

Most of my money matches will be with Yoshi. Gotta try my hardest to win back a lot of the money I'm spending on this trip. But I'll probably do some Ness/Fox money matches too.

Lastly any online regulars should probably donate at least a couple $'s to Firo. I know I am.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Firo you will still be in town Saturday/Sunday right? I have a surprise in store for you!

It's lots of monies

malva00

Smash Master
Whatever. For like 3 weeks I was able to contain my excitement and nobody had the slightest clue I was entered. It took Nintendude making me tell you guys for anyone to even figure it out.
whatever you say XD

just had a dream that felt SO REAL

I ran to ballin's house (pwned some old guy who was running too by passing him). Took around 5-10 minutes and when I got there, ballin stepped outside and calmly explained to me that people need to call him before coming over. He started his calm rant with the word "see." Two guys from Central Florida were already there and came over without calling him first lol. Thanks a lot Central Florida guys. Made ballin calmly rant at me for no reason.

I think I'll stop here before ...

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Are you guys sure the student internet is accessible during Apex?
yes. there are students who take winter courses, you know, and some who still live on campus due to being out of state/practically homeless.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It would've been a **** move dude

It's a **** move as is but it would've been ****ier

but WHATEVER

Renth that's cool I'm just bringing a backpack too so space is TIGHT I understand. Hit for hit sounds kinda middle school but I'll bare knuckle box you (or anyone lol) if it's after apex and I don't have to worry about breaking a hand.

Megavolt I'll MM you looking forward to being on the receiving end of THE LEGENDARY MEGAVOLT KICK

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Bcow, serious question, totally not meant in the usually meme way but...

Bro, do you even lift? I really did not take you for someone who sought out physical contests, no offense

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey guys I posted the tio file, so start filling out your brackets. Just keep in mind that if people drop and nobody takes their place, I will do some minor R1 switch so the bye doesn't go to a random. Shouldn't affect too much though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Bcow, serious question, totally not meant in the usually meme way but...

Bro, do you even lift? I really did not take you for someone who sought out physical contests, no offense
not since the school year started and not seriously even before that, It's never been a priority for me

but I like to fight a lot

aerobic endurance, reach, experience, and nasal sanguinity are more important factors tbh (like 9/10 fights I'm in end with someone wiping blood off their nose and saying "oh nice one I'm done for the night ima go get some tissues for this")

that's not to say lifting isn't good it's great congrats to TANK and everyone else who's not a lazy ****

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hey guys I posted the tio file, so start filling out your brackets. Just keep in mind that if people drop and nobody takes their place, I will do some minor R1 switch so the bye doesn't go to a random. Shouldn't affect too much though.
Specified by crew/region, boom facing me 3rd round. I mean I am happy that I got a bye and that I have chances to advance another round but maybe a bit of a change..
(unless it becomes much harder, lol)

prisonchild

Smash Ace
not since the school year started and not seriously even before that, It's never been a priority for me

but I like to fight a lot

aerobic endurance, reach, experience, and nasal sanguinity are more important factors tbh (like 9/10 fights I'm in end with someone wiping blood off their nose and saying "oh nice one I'm done for the night ima go get some tissues for this")

that's not to say lifting isn't good it's great congrats to TANK and everyone else who's not a lazy ****
reach/wingspan?

Battlecow

Play to Win
?

If you mean are they the same thing, yes

If you're pointing out an additional factor, yeah, I mentioned reach.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
yeah sorry I was asking what yours was, and I thought reach was more like arm length (stretched out front) and wingspan was both arms + torso?

then again i'm not big on fighting terms :/

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
I kinda like the idea of going random character every match.
Get in the backroom and make it part of the suggested rule set.

Party friday night since most people aren't going to be playing on saturday. How far is the hotel everyone is staying at from the dorms?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Why won't most people be playing on Saturday?

People are going to be there Saturday/Sunday right?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm assuming people WILL be playing Saturday since that's when top-4 is followed by either doubles and/or USA vs world.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Party friday night since most people aren't going to be playing on saturday. How far is the hotel everyone is staying at from the dorms?
there's nothing going on at the dorms...they're empty...it's winter break.

not to mention, the only bar close to the college ave dorms is olive branch. or maybe one on george st.
i recommend reading my other lengthy post about bars. the tl;dr of which is, corner tavern for 5 dollar bud light pitchers, knight club for 3 dollar well drinks and 2 dollar millers.

although i don't see why nobody is just stocking the hotel with forty bottles of liquor and going nucking futs...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I meant more Saturday night/ all day Sunday. People are gonna be there so there is a point to me driving up there right?

YBOMBB

Smash Rookie
although i don't see why nobody is just stocking the hotel with forty bottles of liquor and going nucking futs...[/QUOTE]

that's the plan! my biggest fear in apex is to get disqualified for excess smell of alcohol and or marijuana. I Hope apex rules aren't too stingy!

Top Bottom