• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Bracket + Predictions thread (tio file posted)

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
If people are going to bet on the brackets I was told it would be unprofessional to continue with my current plan.

I'm going to Apex. I'm entered under an alias. No, you won't be able to guess who I am.

With that said I guess I can start with money matches. People I want to $5 money match:

Kefit
Jel
Banze
ALL of Illinois

Probably more I'm forgetting. I'll look over the brackets later and challenge more people.
ahhh now you will get to play the real Kefit and Jel. But ya we will MM and it will be nice to meet you.

Also Im thinking of doing side 12 character battles MM for $20 who maybe down for this????

TANK64

Smash Lord
Who the **** are you ******? Feel big and tough behind a computer? Go play in traffic. At least then you'd be getting outside the house.
Lmaooo!!! I'll be at Apex.

Look for the nice hair.

It's just super ****ing annoying when kids like this talk a whole bunch of **** for no reason. **** gets so ****ing old. If anything, this Tank **** is the only guy pissing me off just cause no one even mentioned him.
lol Get *****.
No offense.

If you want to throw your money away, sure. How much we talking? $5? $10?
lmao.

It's funny 'cause you'll lose xD

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Haha this thread got funny, thanks TANK
[INSERT GIGGLING TSWIFT GIF]
ahhh now you will get to play the real Kefit and Jel. But ya we will MM and it will be nice to meet you.

Also Im thinking of doing side 12 character battles MM for $20 who maybe down for this????
I'm down for 20$ 12 character battle mm vs you

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I thought it was pretty obvious. It's pretty ******** to assume I meant you guys when 1) You guys haven't heard of me either, and 2) I don't play remotely. Look kid, I honestly care less about if you're butthurt or not. You assumed something completely wrong, drop it.
It wasn't as obvious since Sheer thought the same thing.

But...uh...okay, I, a neutral party, somehow became butthurt. That's quite the turn of tables.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
This was honestly just a giant waste of time rofl. I'll hold you to that MM though Sheer. Kudos to you at least for trying.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Im down to fight some 64 players IRL
real talk I'll fight you

no nut shots, eye gouging, or weak joint manipulation

actually if you just wanted to fistfight that'd be even better cause it always gets real gay if dudes are rolling around on the floor grappling each other and ****

Renth

Smash Hero
real talk I'll fight you

actually if you just wanted to fistfight that'd be even better cause it always gets real gay if dudes are rolling around on the floor grappling each other and ****
I have an extra set of boxing gloves I can bring to apex. I know how to scrap.

If i have room in my book bag want me to bring them?

Renth

Smash Hero
Also, Dempt.

Sheermadness is good at ssbm, I don't think i've played him but when I lived in Florida I use to see him at every event.

If people want to box or w/e i'd rather not do it at a smash event. I want to focus as much as I can on the tournament.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Also, Dempt.

Sheermadness is good at ssbm, I don't think i've played him but when I lived in Florida I use to see him at every event.

If people want to box or w/e i'd rather not do it at a smash event. I want to focus as much as I can on the tournament.
I'm sure he probably is if he's been playing for years. Good lookin' out.

@Eikelmann: I don't have much $ to be throwing around, but sure. Just hmu at the venue.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Do you mean will I be posting updated bracket images as the tournament progresses? I can probably post one or two updates throughout the day. Don't expect any kind of regular updates from me though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I have an extra set of boxing gloves I can bring to apex. I know how to scrap.

If i have room in my book bag want me to bring them?
yeah dude that'd be great

I'll fight you if you want as long as you're not like a long-time boxer/super buff dude with a grudge against me. Not looking to get hurt. That said, I do like to throw down with fellow amateurs.

also like saturday evening/night if we do do it, I don't wanna get injured in a dumb way right before apex

Happy to say I am coming to Apex.
yay

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Man I'm pretty disappointed Nintendude made me tell everyone I'm going to Apex.

Was gonna be so fun money matching people that didn't know who the hell I was.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
So will we be partying Friday night or Saturday night?
Thursday night is where it's at at Rutgers.

but if i may suggest a friday spot...Corner Tavern. it's on somerset and easton, and its friday deal is arguably the best at RU - $5 dollars for a pitcher of Bud Light. compare that to olde queens, where a pitcher is $10. additionally, they have two pool tables, shuffleboard, and darts (darts are free, pool is four quarters, dunno about shuffleboard cuz i'm not an old black guy)

basically, the best deals you'll find are on thursdays. wherein, knight club has a pretty good thirsty thursday deal - $2 Millers, $3 LIT's and well drinks...which means you can get a pretty strong LIT in a pint glass for 3 bucks, compared to, say, golden rail or queens, where the LITs are the same price if not a dollar more expensive and served in the tiny plastic cups.

saturday has no deals anywhere. olive branch is the closest bar to the student center (it's literally right behind it next to skinny's), and they've got beer towers for 14 bucks (which is a ****ing rip but meh) and serve mixes in the half pint glasses. if you go there ask for a green monkey i think it's called. DE-LISH.

worse comes to worst i invite people over to my place and see who wants to go blind and take a shot of everclear.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I hope Saturday isn't a partying night for 64 peeps. I'm coming for 24 straight hours of smash and nothing less.

Renth

Smash Hero
yeah dude that'd be great

I'll fight you if you want as long as you're not like a long-time boxer/super buff dude with a grudge against me. Not looking to get hurt. That said, I do like to throw down with fellow amateurs.

also like saturday evening/night if we do do it, I don't wanna get injured in a dumb way right before apex

yay

Bro, I weigh 140 pounds, i'm 5'10. I just like to mess with my friends, I gotta pack clothes for a few days. Chances are I won't have room in my bag for them, However If you want to get out some anger we can play hit for hit. Basically us taking turns hitting each other in the arm until one or the other quits.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
It takes more than one shot to make you go blind, well at least for me
i'll whip you up my own version of a four horsemen: EC, sombrero, smirnoff vanilla, and dragonberry.

i call it Sadness.

malva00

Smash Master
yeah but what about the people in your bracket who are preparing for every match except the one against you? Who aren't practicing against yoshi because you're not going?
guess I should be telling everyone who I'm going to pick :awesome:

I kinda like the idea of going random character every match. that would please the high-tier *****s sooner or later and please the other-tier *****s sooner or later and let me do something fun at the same time

ballin4life

Smash Hero
If people are going to bet on the brackets I was told it would be unprofessional to continue with my current plan.

I'm going to Apex. I'm entered under an alias. No, you won't be able to guess who I am.

With that said I guess I can start with money matches. People I want to $5 money match:

Kefit
Jel
Banze
ALL of Illinois

Probably more I'm forgetting. I'll look over the brackets later and challenge more people.
Please wear a disguise and a fake mustache so NO ONE recognizes you.

I'm also mildly amused at batllecow's outrage given his penchant for hustling people (yes, yes I know you'd NEVER do this).

I will do this

real talk I'll fight you

LMAO

So will we be partying Friday night or Saturday night?
I hope Saturday isn't a partying night for 64 peeps. I'm coming for 24 straight hours of smash and nothing less.
I have to watch football Saturday night

Top Bottom