• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Bracket + Predictions thread (tio file posted)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
not since the school year started and not seriously even before that, It's never been a priority for me

but I like to fight a lot

aerobic endurance, reach, experience, and nasal sanguinity are more important factors tbh (like 9/10 fights I'm in end with someone wiping blood off their nose and saying "oh nice one I'm done for the night ima go get some tissues for this")

that's not to say lifting isn't good it's great congrats to TANK and everyone else who's not a lazy ****
Disclaimer: definitely not an expert on fighting

I feel like strength is big for grappling. In a pure boxing match maybe not AS much, but if you're allowed to grapple the guy then being stronger is a big advantage I'd think.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Plenty of people will still be there clubba.

I'm not coming to Apex to explore the local college night life.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH its officially begun. Can't wait for Saturday. Don't eat all the fat *****es before I get there!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
cool, i'll be collecting saturday night :)

Btw my texts with jimmyjoe 5 min ago(paraphrased):

Me: Can I stay at hotel?

JJ: yea sure thing, pumped for apex!

Me: yea too bad I'll miss tourney. Bracket looks fun for you though!

JJ: BRACKETS UP!?!?!?!?!?

lol

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sensei's confidence is flirting with crazyness lol.

Taking $25 bets on top 3 with Boom/Isai/Jaime, the 3 japanese, and a bunch of other good players in attendance doesn't sound like a safe bet to me.

I'll bet you $5. Mainly because you're in my path in the bracket. =]

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Sheer, as long as you don't play Isai/boom/jaime or a decent falcon, I have you winning all of your matches. Unfortunately you will lose to Sensei's falcon and Ruocho's falcon. IS A FACT

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Does anyone know anything about the Japanese player's plans? I mean we've had 0 contact with them and they didn't even register themselves.

Doesn't really seem real that they're coming haha.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Wait the Japanese players didn't register themselves? I sure hope they are actually coming. It would be a big bummer (and bracket breaker) if they didn't show up..

$15 on sensei
actually rather than bet vs. sensei I'll just bet vs you (for $15) if that's cool. I don't want to make Sensei's deficit even deeper haha

The Star King

Smash Hero
I would bet against banze, vs Boomfan

I would bet against Sensei

These can be considered "predictions"

Yobolight

Smash Lord
You guys could always confirm with King Funk on Japan/ Tell him to give yall their contact info.

TANK64

Smash Lord
The tio file uploaded is not compatible with my old version of tio. But I downloaded that tio pro from nintendude's link and it works.

Anyway here is my first crack at a bracket:
http://imgur.com/yMdLQ

it's mostly chalk but whatever
>Has me losing to B-Rex... ok BRO

My guess has upsets in it that may or may not happen.

http://i.imgur.com/xH8zT.jpg
Me and Nintendude will play, and it will be GLORIOUS.

No more on the subject. My stance is a SECRET.

Sheer, as long as you don't play Isai/boom/jaime or a decent falcon, I have you winning all of your matches. Unfortunately you will lose to Sensei's falcon and Ruocho's falcon. IS A FACT
I don't see Sensei beating Sheer IMHO but HEY maybe he'll prove me wrong. I also agree with Sheer not losing to anyone but top 3 and maybe Japan.

Sensei, I'm rooting for you but I just don't believe it lol.
My thoughts exactly haha. I'm literally the biggest Sensei fanboy but I have to say wtf lol.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I wonder where they are being housed and stuff. It would be great if they are in New Brunswick and could come to megavolt's smashfest.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
That's what I'm saying, nobody seems to know anything about their plans. Where they're staying, when they're coming, etc etc.

Somebody find King Funk.

Battlecow

Play to Win
chain ace I'll take you up on that $15 I'm bettin against sensei reply to confirm

sensei if you wanna do more lemme know

lotta people betting on me to beat firo and stuff... Lol high expectations. Went from being mad underrated to very highly (possibly over) rated.

I WILL PERSERVERE

The Star King

Smash Hero
Sheer is not bad against Falcon dunno where that comes from. His Fox yeah maybe but his Yoshi exists

He sux vs Kirby tho :troll:

Battlecow I will put you as losing to Firo if people overrating you really does bother you :troll:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean I'm gonna rock firo but you guys aren't supposed to know that

he totally beat me last tourney

Oh and yeah I'm definitely stone sober this weekend lol

There to smash not to party

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Battlecow vs Firo

Game 1: Pika vs Ness. Battlecow barely squeaks by a victory on DL.
Game 2: Pika vs Fox. Firo 4, maybe 5 stocks Battlecow on Hyrule.
Game 3: Pika vs ? on DL. ? could be Fox, Falcon, or Ness; whoever Firo is feeling the most confident in. I think it'll be Fox, and it will be a close game, but Firo will take it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
can't return to dl if I win there

I won't lose to him on hyrule

his ness won't take more than 2-3 stocks

to beat me he has to do it with fox/falcon/pika on dl/congo

which he may well be capable of as far as YOU GUYS know

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Correct. I'll be explaining the rules out loud before the tournament starts to hopefully avoid confusion. btw you should be getting an email sent on my behalf today sometime. Post here when it gets sent out.

banze

Smash Journeyman
If people are going to bet on the brackets I was told it would be unprofessional to continue with my current plan.

I'm going to Apex. I'm entered under an alias. No, you won't be able to guess who I am.

With that said I guess I can start with money matches. People I want to $5 money match:

Kefit
Jel
Banze
ALL of Illinois

Probably more I'm forgetting. I'll look over the brackets later and challenge more people.
Awesome bro ! lets do this !! Nice to know you are going!
5$ b3 or 5 you call it !!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Best of 5 for all my money matches.

Also it's cool if both parties agree to all dreamland in a tourney match right?

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
lol I was so sick yesterday that I went to the ER at 4am this morning. I have to catch my flight tomorrow at 9am.

This is gonna be "fun."

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Yes I went to the ER and incurred hundreds of dollars in medical bills simply so I would have a johns for Apex.

Damn you for seeing through my dastardly plan.

Top Bottom