• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Bracket + Predictions thread (tio file posted)

The Star King

Smash Hero
I am willing to bet what happened is that tacos has played Sensei recently online where Sensei hasn't been playing very well... yeah. You might be underestimating him though.

I will fill this out later (for real this time)

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
cool i play nintendude potentially R2, gl dood
I PREDICT....

komo and combo winning 1st match, both losing their 2nd match and combo winning his 3rd and komo losing his 3rd(:troll:rages)

BOMB bodying on console, cuz he'll beat everyone with jiggs ez (:troll: he's got a chance? GL BOMB)

BCOW getting 3 straight up byes right away

someone is getting 5stocked R1 and jv6 R2

no 64 people know sweet, hardb0dy isn't coming so that would be the only 1 that might know. he might even lose to 96th seed WHO KNOWS....0%hype, PWNED; defending sheer's position

me/han vs shade, tank or ballin would be a close match, shade gets to play kefit conveniently

koro losing to madrush then MOSSMAN, 2 and out because of no KB yoshi armor

rumbly will way unnecessarily out camp chain ace and win without 1 combo above 2 hits

sheer being extra salty for not showing up, will just play online salt matches during the tournament

sk brushing off apex whilst keeping hermit status and flaking hard, even with a free ride ROFL. if i stream you can have mod status though you'd be perma muted
:troll: jk

MATTS! shows up and no one knows who he is while he just 5 stocks everyone between tournament matches, causing upsets because he'd bring peoples' spirits down with kirby's little foot; then leaves saying: "BEST YAWN EZ APEX THANK YOU PWNED" and everyone dog-piles him for figuring out he is MATTS! and everyone gets sucked in the dog-pile because he's MATTS!

SMASH loses vs valeom just cuz pika and his stubbornness with the KONG

black cats wins 1 set

tight match between jj and bladewise, you can do it JJ just use your good hori

J
UNK shows up and gets bored with not being able to play and leaves friday to come back sat

Firo (rightfully) gets 3 byes from tourney start (ty for server)

oxolane vs wizzrobe looks to be a tight match with oxolane coming out the winner

good luck to all

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Cool story bro. Tell it again.

I honestly didn't know who that was and I only said that to validate Sheer's statement even further that people don't know who he is. Anyways, I'm assuming he's your friend or something. Otherwise, why would you want to watch only his match and not any of the other bracket matches? I see he's a Melee player, too, so uh, good luck, [SWEET].

EDIT: Nice results, Knite. :awesome:

TANK64

Smash Lord
No offense, but I didn't ask for your opinion.

Although it was intended to be a nice gesture, you really gotta watch your words. That **** is annoying. If you have to say "no offense", don't say it at all.
No offense, but stfu and kill yourself.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Ok just saw Bracket and man its good.

HYPE matches to look for guys in the frist few maches

1. Kefit vs YBOMBB
2. Megavolt vs B.rex

Then if me and Firo make it past are few matches we will meet in R3.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol if I get camped out it will be a repeat of last year.

But Smelly cat will tell you first hand how I deal with it :>

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
im interested, this seems like a really close quality match that needs to be on stream/recorded IF it happens
Yeah all HYPE matches should be recorded if able. Yeah JJ and bladewise will be a tight match maybe I will be able see it if im not playing at the time :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Guys does anyone have Unlimited 4G internet phone that can tether, or that can create a hot spot? We may not be able to stream, at least using the venue's internet because it takes up bandwidth while the other streams (who are paid to stream and sponsored by twitch) can't afford any slowdowns or anything like that. We will still definitely get everything recorded, but yeah.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Wowwwwwwwww

Recently our tournies have been very predictable as far as outcome, but this one.... I mean predictions are actually HARD this year wtf!

-Kefit will beat YBOMB

-Nintendude will **** harder than most people are giving him credit for

-Jaime takes out Ruoko Donohconlaskdhfojelr (japanese dude)

-Knitephox bows out early because he ****ing does falcon punches while the other player is respawning

-Bcow raises his own hopes and dashes them expertly

-Tank beats kikoushi
nah jk tank gets jv 6 stocked :)

But yea can we have a bracket pool for $? I can submit one online and come to collect from you fools on Saturday

Dingus

Smash Cadet
Guys does anyone have Unlimited 4G internet phone that can tether, or that can create a hot spot? We may not be able to stream, at least using the venue's internet because it takes up bandwidth while the other streams (who are paid to stream and sponsored by twitch) can't afford any slowdowns or anything like that. We will still definitely get everything recorded, but yeah.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This is the worst thing to happen to me since the accident.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
fuuuuuu seriously? we don't even need much to stream only like 250kb/s

we can't stream even if we get a rutgers student's info to sign in on the wi-fi like iirc m3gav01t or I LOVE SMASH???

i have an unlimited 4g phone that can tether or hotspot....but only for 3G. id have to upgrade service for the weekend, if there's no student center wifi accessible for streaming and if its possible just to have that service for 1 month or just the weekend i'd do it.

ALSO:the company is SPRINT if it matters what carrier (for the connection qaulity)

-Knitephox bows out early because he ****ing does falcon punches while the other player is respawning
not in tourney matches

and i love my double jump turn around rising/descending falcon punches which barely miss landing between DL ledges

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah if we can get a student's wifi-access we can use that, but we can't use the main dedicated internet.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
koro losing to madrush then MOSSMAN, 2 and out because of no KB yoshi armor
2 things: I don't use Yoshi offline...I use Falcon and Pikachu
(Tier*****)
. I face a ness it seems if Madrush wins. I know the matchup as I went pretty even with Sheer. Maybe I'll win. I also have a consistent good controller unlike last Apex when I had to switch between multiple controllers and I still did ok. So who knows. I'll still do terrible though.

Note after the fact: I face Boomfan round 3 if I win, oh dang it. Also, who is Mossman?
GL to everyone else, lol. I got a bye,
a KB troll got a bye.

Battlecow

Play to Win
HEY EVERYONE WE NEED MORE SETUPS I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE THEM

seriously friendlies are gonna suck if we don't get more

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i was connected to wifi last year with m3gav01t's info, just need 1 persons sign in info and we're gucc

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
brackets look good, seeing some online players here :o

WTF Dark Link -X- i thought he quit

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'll ask at a Sprint store today about it, if we still need it ill know today

Should definitely see wifi is possible before Wednesday, Rutgers students..?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
K that was fast, its 25$ @2gb and 50$ @6gb doubt we would go over either but you never know. It's cancelable so no prob. Paypal would be cool for help if we want the 6gb. I didn't really understand why but its infinite 3g tether&hotspot yet limited 4g, even though the phone I'm using to write this post has unlimited 4g...wot. anyway, Rutgers student should find out and i have until Wednesday/Thursday morningto get the service or else impossible cuz ill be on the road driving

Your move Rutgers students.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I honestly didn't know who that was and I only said that to validate Sheer's statement even further that people don't know who he is. Anyways, I'm assuming he's your friend or something. Otherwise, why would you want to watch only his match and not any of the other bracket matches? I see he's a Melee player, too, so uh, good luck, [SWEET].
I'm going to make this pretty blunt: No **** no one knows who he is. When I said that I only wanted to watch his game, I wasn't expecting people to be rude and ask "Who's Sweet durpa durp". It was a dumb thing to say, so don't try to justify it. At least you can better explain yourself, but quite frankly, it was a dumb thing to say.

No offense, but stfu and kill yourself.
LOOOOL umadbro?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Does anybody know who GINGTASTIC?

Anyways, I can finally get to meet JaimeHR and Dark Link X. Haven't seen those dudes when I played on Kaillera back in 06-07?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^^more info please? I'm pretty sure you meant to but that post angered me lol. I want to knowwwwwwwww!

Also chain-ace blew set# 1 last year vs Xaltis the brawl rage quitter, so that's probably why him and nintendude didn't give him a bye.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If people are going to bet on the brackets I was told it would be unprofessional to continue with my current plan.

I'm going to Apex. I'm entered under an alias. No, you won't be able to guess who I am.

With that said I guess I can start with money matches. People I want to $5 money match:

Kefit
Jel
Banze
ALL of Illinois

Probably more I'm forgetting. I'll look over the brackets later and challenge more people.

Top Bottom