• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlus8

Smash Master

Pengie

Smash Lord
Stop *****ing about SF being on the stream; Apex was never billed as a Smash tournament, it was built as general tournament so it's only fair that SF get's it's shot at the stream. Also top 8 for SF/Marvel was gonna be streamed anyway.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
The tourny is being run by an incompetent. Not only where pools ********, the tourny is massively delayed and SF is given greater priority over a game with much more livestream viewers.
streamcount has gone up since melee stopped and sf4 started. Not starting ****, just sayin

Pengie

Smash Lord
streamcount has gone up since melee stopped and sf4 started. Not starting ****, just sayin
post hoc ergo propter hoc

That's more likely due to the fact that no one wants to wake up at 9-10 rather than the game change because it hasn't gone up by much.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Probably people getting on smashboards and finding out that Melee singles is being toss to the corner. I mean the stream had 5.8 K viewers at during the USA vs The World crew battle.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
This tournament may have been run awfully, but the bracket is sooo stacked that the players make up for it. I look forward to sitting through youtube vids later.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Stop *****ing about SF being on the stream; Apex was never billed as a Smash tournament, it was built as general tournament so it's only fair that SF get's it's shot at the stream. Also top 8 for SF/Marvel was gonna be streamed anyway.
SF, MVC3 and MK9 had their own stream, they should stay there. Why is it I never see Smash on the "Smash" stream?

stelzig

Smash Lord
I was looking forward to watching melee while on the train (for 3 and a half hours....) today. Looks like the stream decided to stop just when I left, and now you say it won't come back till I am home anyway? Dammit :(

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I don't have a problem with SF4 being on the stream. My biggest issure however, is that yesterday Juggleguy said that they were having troubles with the NON-stream recording setups. Basically, any set that wasn't played on stream will be lost because they aren't being recorded.

So now you have all the sets being played normally offstream (because not every single set can be streamed) as well as VERY VERY hyped top player matches being lost because now SF4 is being streamed instead.

I don't have a problem with sf, but every set being played RIGHT NOW while sf is on stream, we will never ever see.

GGs.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
doesn't mean there's more people liking sf4 than melee. could be a lot of melee'ers still be in the stream, whether idle or pissed off

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Sorry to break it to you people but SF4 is like infinitely more popular than Melee.

It shouldn't surprise you that more people tuned in.

:phone:

Charlesz

Smash Champion
2:00pm Super Smash Bros Melee top 8 singles and top 4 teams

Not too bad guys, Melee should be up in a hour or so.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
sf4 is currently in top 8. their matches dont take too long. Melee should be back on soon.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
My biggest issure however, is that yesterday Juggleguy said that they were having troubles with the NON-stream recording setups. Basically, any set that wasn't played on stream will be lost because they aren't being recorded.
are u sure? it doesnt seem feasible that all 8 people who are recording had equipment failures. short of that its the TOs fault for not directing them to recording setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom