• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ppl that should make bracket will make bracket and be seeded correctly if the 1st round pools are made well.
That's all that matters tbh. It's nice to get a lot of tourney sets in if you aren't one of the top 64 but it's not the goal from a TOing perspective.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Mav: That probably happened cause a top 2 seed player was put as an average or bad player.

Reminds me of that completely brain dead ******** pool at the last Apex with Rain, Shadow, DEHF, Dazwa, and Seph also the dumb pool at Pound 4 of Snakeee, Malcolm, Chu, myself, Seagull Man, and Judge......

Not letting **** like that happen this time lol at least for Brawl. I should have some input on pools this time around. I don't know much about Melee seeding. Not sure who is taking care of that.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I was not doing pools at that time but i remember it was because some of those ppl were messing around in first round pools

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My goal: top 5 in both games
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Oh.

My other goals are to:

1) Maintain maximum swag through all fays in Jersey.
2) Level up my swag while partying and clubbing.
3) Swag.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
M@v I think you hype yourself up too much.

unless you got exponentially better all I remember is me bodying you the day before apex started when I threw that mini smashfest in my room. and I don't think I'm a good player at all.

just saying.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I was not doing pools at that time but i remember it was because some of those ppl were messing around in first round pools
I remember that Malcolm got 3rd seed in the first Pound 4 pool cause of 2 DDDs being in his pool. He then got 1st seed in that 2nd pool I posted above. So potentially the best player in my pool was put in as a 5th or 6th seed outta 6 in my pool. I know you didn't control those pools and some people did F up and get low seeds but it was still horrible seeding by the staff's part.

"Oh Amsah ****ed up and got 3rd seed and somehow Axe got 2nd seed, lets put them in the pool with M2K, Overtriforce, Eggm, and Inui" That's what pretty much happened using Melee reference with Amsah 2-0ing everyone in his pool and both 2nd seeds Axe and Eggm not making it into bracket.

If a 3rd seed can potentially 2-0 everyone in his pool, he should not be put in an already hard pool lol.

I'm not pointing any fingers at you Strife, I'm just posting the dumbness that happened from other TOs mistakes.

Of course I can understand the term "just get better" but that doesn't excuse seeding problems.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Thanks to VG selling my TVs without telling me + their drama I lost 12 setups of my own + the tvs there were going to bring.
Alex I've kept silent about this whole thing even though I felt we(VGBootCamp) were screwed over. We haven't said anything about what happenend on these boards. With that being said I'm not going to let you twist up the facts and word them to make us look like the bad guys because you may not be able to provide as many setups as you promised.

1. You gave us those TVs at the end of Apex 2010. You tried to only let us borrow them/hold them for you but we told you that if you wanted the TVs taken off of your hands that you would have to give them to us since we didn't really need them and we aren't a storage service. Plus you said that you were going to throw them away if we didn't take them. We did the same thing with Plank after Pound 4. We do not hold TVs for anyone. You agreed although it was begrudgingly.

2. Even after we felt like we were screwed over with Apex 2012 we still told you that you could have all 30 or so of our TVs. You just had to get them yourself, we weren't going to bring them to you. We told you that you had a very short time frame to pick them up(a month or so) since the only reason we were still holding onto them was Apex 2012. Because we weren't a part of it anymore we started giving the TVs away(notice how we didn't "Sell" them) You had a month to figure out how to get them.

I can't believe you have the audacity to try and make us look like the bad guys in this instance when even after we felt screwed over we still offered you our TVs. :urg:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
pp knows.

if i play like i played at ROM, i should end up with 3rd seed, second round.

i'm a lot less worried about a first round pool here being good than i was about pound 5. blunted object, vanz, and harriettheguy...top 3. hopefully i won't get stuck with a last second switch like that lol.

so ready for this.

M@v

Subarashii!
M@v I think you hype yourself up too much.

unless you got exponentially better all I remember is me bodying you the day before apex started when I threw that mini smashfest in my room. and I don't think I'm a good player at all.

just saying.
Not really. Maybe I should of just called all of us mediocre in the pool. It was earth, kingkong, me, and future. first two went 5-1, future and I went 4-2.

In terms of the smash fest, are you even sure we played? All I remember playing there was coney and kingkong(who wound up being in my pool, lol). But if you say so.

I'll play you at this apex if you want and you can judge for yourself :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think people need to calm down and let the apex crew get their **** done. This tournament isnt even a month away now and they REALLY need to get it all organised and all of this argueing isn't going to do anything to help.

So yeah, my gaols for apex:
1. MEET EVERYONE
2. TALK TO EVERYONE
3. PLAY EVERYONE WHO WONT FLATTEN ME
4. BRONY NIGHT
5. (brawl)GANON EVENING

M@v

Subarashii!
tk doesn't play anymore, i'll play for him
/mdvapride
if you lose, you're still booty :D
But you hard counter me, like you hardcounter 95% of players lol.

Oh well, chances are I'll be playing you here anyway like I do every tournament I see you at :awesome:

I need to get the olimar mu figured out already.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
@ Mav: That probably happened cause a top 2 seed player was put as an average or bad player.

Reminds me of that completely brain dead ******** pool at the last Apex with Rain, Shadow, DEHF, Dazwa, and Seph also the dumb pool at Pound 4 of Snakeee, Malcolm, Chu, myself, Seagull Man, and Judge......

Not letting **** like that happen this time lol at least for Brawl. I should have some input on pools this time around. I don't know much about Melee seeding. Not sure who is taking care of that.
Shadofiend was also in the Apex pool. He just said "Do they hate me or something?" lol.

I'll never forget that disgustingly hard pool I was put in. And I sucked still at that time lol.

Not like I'd still be seeded the same as then compared to now for Apex. I'd be pretty mad if I didn't make it to bracket this time lmao.

:018:

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Alex I've kept silent about this whole thing even though I felt we(VGBootCamp) were screwed over. We haven't said anything about what happenend on these boards. With that being said I'm not going to let you twist up the facts and word them to make us look like the bad guys because you may not be able to provide as many setups as you promised.

1. You gave us those TVs at the end of Apex 2010. You tried to only let us borrow them/hold them for you but we told you that if you wanted the TVs taken off of your hands that you would have to give them to us since we didn't really need them and we aren't a storage service. Plus you said that you were going to throw them away if we didn't take them. We did the same thing with Plank after Pound 4. We do not hold TVs for anyone. You agreed although it was begrudgingly.

2. Even after we felt like we were screwed over with Apex 2012 we still told you that you could have all 30 or so of our TVs. You just had to get them yourself, we weren't going to bring them to you. We told you that you had a very short time frame to pick them up(a month or so) since the only reason we were still holding onto them was Apex 2012. Because we weren't a part of it anymore we started giving the TVs away(notice how we didn't "Sell" them) You had a month to figure out how to get them.

I can't believe you have the audacity to try and make us look like the bad guys in this instance when even after we felt screwed over we still offered you our TVs. :urg:
You neglect to mention the part where you told us that nobody in MD/VA could get the TVs for us. WE had to drive down there, specifically; an act of spite.

You're mad because I said your stream sucks. Bad news, it does. You were let go because you didn't take the necessary measures to level your stream up fast enough, and are now using John's TVs against him.

So, dear community. If we don't have the amount of set ups needed, make sure to talk to VG about it.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
So vg got kicked out of apex for lvl up gaming then apex wanted to use vgs tvs they had left over from last apex and pound but said you have to come get them
You did not get them and they gave them away I don't think anything needed to be said about this at all... if the owners are going to create drama like this to say why they MIGHT not deliver on their setups then maybe they should step their game up and get more or ask for more without bringing this up

Don't stir more hate then say you'll **** our reg and hotel if we fight

dmbrandon

Smash Master
So vg got kicked out of apex for lvl up gaming then apex wanted to use vgs tvs they had left over from last apex and pound but said you have to come get them
You did not get them and they gave them away I don't think anything needed to be said about this at all... if the owners are going to create drama like this to say why they MIGHT not deliver on their setups then maybe they should step their game up and get more or ask for more without bringing this up

Don't stir more hate then say you'll **** our reg and hotel if we fight
you didn't read my post at all.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
If I didn't I would know about vg getting kicked from apex

And asking the community to talk to VG about the amount of setups is a **** move after kicking them out of being a part of it since those setups were your responsibility not theirs.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
DR, buddy. Use some punctuation, I mean my typing is terrible but man thats on a different level, i don't even know what you're trying to say part of the time XD

Also, i posted it in the other thread but i know ill get a response faster here: Do i have to confirm a setup in advance to be entered for the raffle or can i do so on the day?
And if i do have to say in advance, just how far in advance?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
u just needed to post in teh setup thread

I just say if people bring setups we will be fine. I already accounted for it I just want to say I am upset my tvs were sold and that they broke my 36inch crt...idk how it was broken but :(

Roller

Smash Legend
To be fair Alex, GIMR says they gave them away, not "sold them."

And it sounds like it was technically no longer "your" 36".

I don't think either of you are bad guys in this particular situation, (referring only to TVs, I know nothing of what went down with the switch from them to 8wayrun) y'all just need to handle this amongst yourselves. No need for this to happen in the public eye, especially since you (Alex) claim you'll be able to deliver on your promised number of setups anyway.

I'm starting to get hyped for this by the way. YooOOooOooOoOooOOOOooOo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom