• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2012: Captain Jack & Mach Dash Support!! + Donations (GOAL REACHED)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey what's up everyone. Soon after being able to successfully raise enough money for Shiz, another, bigger fund has been created by East Point Pictures, creators of "The Smash Brothers Series".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_OE2hjKv0

This fund is going towards getting both Captain Jack + Mach Dash to APEX 2012. Both are players from the Japanese scene, whom are extremely interested in attending, but need a little help on our side.

We were able to raise roughly $300 for Shiz only in a matter of days. That is something incredible. With that kind of drive coming from the community, there's no doubt in my mind that we can raise a greater amount in time for Apex. I know most of you would love for the Melee legend from Japan attend.

The goal amount for Captain jack is roughly $1000. It may seem like a lot, but the burden need not fall on one donor. If 100 of us donate $10, we have reached the amount right there. If we're able to reach this goal, Captain Jack will use it to pay off is flight and in exchange purchase Mach Dash's flight to apex.

Donations

To Donate, log into your paypal account and click on the "send money" button. Enter the following email as the recipient:

nunu0215@yahoo.com and I will forward it to them (your donation will be confirmed immediately)

or directly to them thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com (they will send me updates.)

Make sure to put "FOR CAPTAIN JACK" and your smashboards username as the personal message before sending.
Donator Amount
Featheringill $25.00
Thomann $25.00
PC Chris $50.00
aisight $333.33
Mr F $10.00
King Funk $5.00
Clement $200.00
a nub $20.00
Ayite $20.00
Eclipsing Binary $40.00
Powell $15.00
Krause $25.00
Hydro_Smasher $10.00
TheSaberGuy $230.00
TOTAL: $1008.33

Post if you are one of the donors so I can confirm your smashboards name on this list. They aren't giving me the full names when updating.

Captain Jacks goal was reached. Unfortunately, Alex Strife Mach Dash and Kou have all lost contact with Mach Dash. This means that all proceeds still went towards Jack's ticket.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kinda hyped. I'll see if I can donate to this. I'd love to meet him and talk about DK with him!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Chain-ace/samox for president. I didn't get a chance to donate to Shiz (it was already done by the time I got home), so I'll throw money this way instead.

I humbly request you add Mach Dash in the title as well; he has a lot of fans too.

I'm sure this will go a long way in growing the Japanese community. Their community seems to be reviving again as of late, and a trip to APEX for 2 of their best would mean a lot.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The Japanese players huh? Man I'd like to play more of those guys(playing Kou was interesting).

Hopefully I'll be able to donate soon. =)

Walt

Smash Ace
S******* machdash is one of my favorite falcon players because he plays like suck an *******. it's great.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What the hell $1000. I'll have to reduce my policy from half to a third.

LLDL

Smash Hero
We understand dude, Mexico is going to be hype!! Thanks a lot!

AXE 09

Smash Master
The Japanese players huh? Man I'd like to play more of those guys(playing Kou was interesting).

Hopefully I'll be able to donate soon. =)
Watching you vs Kou at G2 was freakin insane! I could've watched those matches literally for hours

:phone:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
If I give my donation and we don't make enough for their flight, do I get my money back?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
That's how it's always worked, as far as I know.

Out of curiosity, how much has been raised so far?

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'll find out shortly. I actually don't have direct access to the paypal for this particular fund.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
If I give my donation and we don't make enough for their flight, do I get my money back?
I will need a confirmation on my question.

Also the vid doesn't say anything about MachDash. Are we sure that he'll come if the 1000$ are met. Are we sure 1000$ is even the correct amount, the vid doesn't specify on that at all.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
You would be refunded.

Mach Dash is coming with CJ since I speak to him personally he told me this.

PB&J

Smash Hero
this is so hype,Apex is going to be amazing,we def need these guys here. Im going to see what i can come up with and spread the word.Hopefully waffles can make a vid or something with the link for people to donate or something.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
If C. Jack gets to apex, I'm predicting his donkey kong to take first place. You heard it first here folks.

Also strong bad will get second and bum rounds it out third with a surprise showing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can Captain Jack, RockCrock, and I do a DK Round Robin?

strawhats

Smash Master
If C. Jack gets to apex, I'm predicting his donkey kong to take first place. You heard it first here folks.

Also strong bad will get second and bum rounds it out third with a surprise showing.
As impressive as that would be, I'm personally a fan of C. Jack's legendary sheik. NTSC version of his epic sheik battles with amsah, will be fun to see.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I've asked the fund owners to give me updates on the amounts periodically. I'll post the amount soon, or they will post in the thread.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Holy ****, another $200 from Clement.

TOTAL: $648.33.
LET'S WRAP THIS UP.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
wow clement, mad props.

the people who are donating ****ing $100+ are inspirations!
paying money for something you don't even personally get, at best you getting to see a player you enjoy.

of course it's awesome from everyone else as well.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
About that...

I am going to see if CJ and MD can set up a friendly station where people can take turns playing them...obviously a lot will want to but I will try to keep it organized enough to have ppl have fun.

Top Bottom