• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2012: Captain Jack & Mach Dash Support!! + Donations (GOAL REACHED)

Pi

Smash Hero
that's why we make donation threads to people who already have expressed interest in going

dashizwiz and mach dash sound like they were presented with the idea of 'hey if we threw money at u would u attend?' and of course they will say yes sure

donate to people who want to go first, not after, the donation aspect is brought up Zzz

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Cause me and CJ went to try and look for him. We wanted him to come. Heck we even had Kou looking. We also did not want to disappoint anyone. Trust me me and CJ are hella pissed on MD.
woa that's hella surprising\sad since he regularly attended this event few days ago, which is an event that Kou usually attends (CJ doesn't), and there were many people he (should) also be in touch with. This is really discouraging, I hope he will at least apologize. I don't understand if he was coming for free somehow with CJ (then this is ridicolous) or just said to CJ "if you go i'll come with you" but had to pay for his ticket and then quit.

Looking forward to CJ though :reverse:

LLDL

Smash Hero
The captain jack donation money wasn't un-used. It all went towards his flight.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Soooooo

$1000 pays for CJ and MD

but it takes $1000 to pay for CJ?

At the very least, you should've put something about that in the OP

Eh, whatever, not my business

The Star King

Smash Hero
Should have started a fund for ajp_anton TBH, he would contribute more to the tournament than any individual player would

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Should have started a fund for ajp_anton TBH, he would contribute more to the tournament than any individual player would
At the moment I can't record at all, all hard drives have died. In 2 weeks I'm going to a tournament that I won't record for the first time in 5 years (besides Apex).
edit: which would usually mean I won't go at all, but the fact that I still haven't been to London is so fail that I kind of have to, with flights costing as much as a dinner =).

Battlecow

Play to Win
apparently you really can get $10 flights on ryanair

Who knew

This dude I talked to said that they actually tell the staff to be unpleasant to people, though, which seems a bit extreme to me.

The Star King

Smash Hero
At the moment I can't record at all, all hard drives have died. In 2 weeks I'm going to a tournament that I won't record for the first time in 5 years (besides Apex).
edit: which would usually mean I won't go at all, but the fact that I still haven't been to London is so fail that I kind of have to, with flights costing as much as a dinner =).
I was obviously talking about your Luigi side-B edgecancels and general misfire shenanigans, JESUS ;)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
edit; k makes sense then

too fail about no shiz. poor ****ing aisight tony, spent so much money.

totally fail on shizes part though.

Beat!

Smash Master
The money wasn't going for MD in the first place. Read the OP >_>

The goal amount for Captain jack is roughly $1000. It may seem like a lot, but the burden need not fall on one donor. If 100 of us donate $10, we have reached the amount right there. If we're able to reach this goal, Captain Jack will use it to pay off is flight and in exchange purchase Mach Dash's flight to apex.
goal amount for Captain jack
for Captain jack
MD was simply an added bonus. No one has been lied to.

Top Bottom