• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacD

Banned via Administration
so end result on teamates was what?

i guess i'll just leave it blank and then complain to you later how i want to change it? sounds good to me

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
Wait so Pre-Reg is REQUIRED, even after the 250 people? ugh, when's the deadline. Can I just use one of those prepaid credit cards instead from cvs or something.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
...no

pay using a CC or teh same way you would pay for mlg

this is so we have the funds in teh bank account to give it to the venue.

you honestly think a university would accept us saying

"hey none of hte people like using cc or are too dumb ot know can they just give ti to you at the door"

just get a CC and do it

please everyone if you do not do this then we cannot pay the venue. All we need is 250 people to do it quickly.
You can buy like a 50 American Express Giftcards and it works just as well.

Anyone need a teammate for apex? I'd say i'm a decent diddy and i'll learn MK real quick by apex.
I got Marth, DDD, IC, and Tlink

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
same as pound...this helps get this go smoother than everything ever has...think about it.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
ALL

Okay, I'm just writing this in response to questions and concerns going on around here. I know a lot of this Alex has said but I wanted to reiterate since everyone should be understanding.

YES pre-reg is required, most if not all majors nowadays require PRE-REG paid as this helps the tournament to run smoother and faster than having to take cash in person. Not only that but it helps to provide the venue and helps to get all the required equipment FOR the tournament. This is a tournament for YOU guys, for EVERYONE please remember that.

If you're personally going to have a problem with paying early, there are ways around it and you can always talk to Alex through AIM or PM to clear that up. But there are no exceptions to the pre-reg rule, this is going to be a fantastic tournament so please read and understand that everyone's doing their best.

Also, in regards to teammates, just sign up for now with a name even if you're not sure you're teaming. Nothing is written in stone for this, it can be changed later and closer to the date. The idea is to have all teams set in the system before the tournament starts to ensure it runs just as fast as singles and if there are last minute changes they can taken care of accordingly.

:)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Wow another online registration tournament.

Bring back the old fashioned way

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Wow another online registration tournament.

Bring back the old fashioned way
Online Reg. is because there are to many people to do Reg @ Venue. This helps the OT keep things organized so that this ****** EVENT can go smoothly and be one of (If not) the Greatest SMASH EVENT OF THE YEAR (Pound was pretty wicked this year!!!)

TO HELL WITH MLG!!

APEX2010

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright, I need a teammate before I can pre-reg.

Chair, are you down for teaming? I heard you play Wario now so I'd be down for that. My Snake has gotten pretty good and until Apex it'll **** (I will also try to come to Zest so we can also talk in personn if you want).

:059:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
please do not forget to pay for your registration..you know that helps for the venue fee cost.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
重要!

I've just spoken to Kou and Captain Jack via chat call.

Kou has posted a Japanese Apex2 thread in the Japanese smashboards. This mean Apex2 will get double the publicity, and all Japanese players will soon know of Apex.

There is, however, one problem that the Japanese stressed to me.......

The Stages

Many of the Japanese players agree that Yoshi's being a neutral is beyond ********. They also feel the same about Fountain of Dreams. I'm working my best to give an accurate and complete translation of our current ruleset to them. In time, they may even post here.

Please stay posted.

Edit:

I will also do my best to get the Brawl players interested, but it is not my region of expertise, so I can't promise anything.

But the way things are looking, the Japanese are very interested in Apex 2.

:)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol with the new name colors... it really looks like moderators from everywhere are looking into attending Apex... and they love posting about it =D

AXE 09

Smash Master
lool I'm gonna laugh when the MBR comes out with a new tier list the day before Apex and Pikachu is mid tier
<3
if they do, i'm gonna be so mad lol. cmon! pikachu's been low tier for about 9 years now. why change it now??? not fair i tell you -_-
The Stages

Many of the Japanese players agree that Yoshi's being a neutral is beyond ********. They also feel the same about Fountain of Dreams.
I definitely wouldn't mind taking both of those stages off of the neutral stage list :)
Play melee!
Tommy happens to be the best Ganon main in AZ

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Road trip from Maine, all the way to FLORIDA for this. It's going to be beyond sick!

Most likely going with th0rn banks and jinjo, but who knows. We will bring one or two tvs, and at least 3 cubes.

Will bring an infinite supply of turnups, lazers, and needles.

VA

Smash Hero
Does anyone want to team with me?

I main Peach. I won doubles at the last UK national tournament just last weekend. My partner got 9th in singles, I got 2nd.

Someone team with me pleaase.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Ya, not paying $30 house fee out of principle. See ya on livestream.
its a national 3 day tournament, deal with it. pound was the same way. you new kids need to stop being so spoiled and cheap, this is how it needs to be done. with 30 dollars per person at pound i BARELY broke even. you pay for what you get.

people will sit there and WHINE WHINE WHINE if everything doesnt go perfectly but then everyone *****es when they have to pay the money to help it do so. these things dont come for free, and not even cheap.

its one thing if you dont want to go because you cant afford it, but dont post "not paying $30 house fee out of principle" as if you're justified in thinking it's not fair and that others should agree with you.

What exactly is the "principle" you're following by not coming?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ya, not paying $30 house fee out of principle. See ya on livestream.
Seconding Plank on this one.

Is it because you think tourneys like this should be five dollars per head? That's all well and fine if this was some piddly, small-fry thing that your local talent attends. It's not something so minuscule, however. Alex Strife is putting a lot of time, work, and (last but certainly not least) money into this so that it can be as big as humanly possible. Big prospects usually require a ****-ton of resources, and it's not entirely unreasonable to scale prices in accordance to compensate for those resources lost. As Plank had mentioned, Pound 4 barely broke even. BARELY BROKE EVEN. Just read the OP in this thread, absorb all of the info for the venue, and then wonder why the prices are so **** high. Common sense.

Plus I get this strong hunch that this tourney is for the community AS A WHOLE and not done out of ENTIRELY SELFISH REASONS. I view paying whatever fees as just part of the freakin' kindness that players need to dole out to these TOs for taking the time out of their lives to organize such huge tourneys.

The only reason I'm not going to this AND GAMME is because I'm a broke-*** mofo who couldn't possibly scrounge up the cash needed for both events. I'm opting out to go to GAMME only because the stars will be aligned just right (aka BONUSES). If I had the money for both events? ****, I'd pay it. I'd pay it and more.

You're doing good, Alex. From what I've read, hell, you've always done good with these sorts of things. Keep it up bro, and don't listen to this crap.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom