• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Dear commentators, I hope you read this because it's ridiculous.

Please stop saying "the Japanese." It seriously sounds racist. Anytime you want to say "the Japanese" please take the time first and think about the sentence you are about to say. If it doesn't sound right if you were to replace "the Japanese" with something like "black people" or "white people" then it's probably not a good idea. I seriously heard something today that was along the lines of "The Japanese have such fast hands." Like what is that?
That's not the same. Making a statement based on a country is far off from skin color. Japan definitely has a distinct culture, "white people" is much more of a generalization.

Taj is only 4th best in AZ but wrecks y'all ;)
AZ too good

Vlade

Social Outcast
I am Japanese and take no offence when people say 'the japanese'. Therefore it's okay if people say it :)

I'm disliking Rain and DEHF in the same pool :(

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Wonder what happened with Brawl+ stream, was it cancelled?

Also, will we have smash 64 stream?

Man, Taj just makes my day when he plays. Most of the time that I am watching the stream I'm hoping to Taj to fight in the next match.

Well, if you call them japanese, you are calling them japanese, there's no problem because they ARE japanese lol

DJRome

Smash Hero
Dear commentators, I hope you read this because it's ridiculous.

Please stop saying "the Japanese." It seriously sounds racist. Anytime you want to say "the Japanese" please take the time first and think about the sentence you are about to say. If it doesn't sound right if you were to replace "the Japanese" with something like "black people" or "white people" then it's probably not a good idea. I seriously heard something today that was along the lines of "The Japanese have such fast hands." Like what is that?
you're an idiot.

they're representing their country as well as themselves. and they ARE japanese so don't take offense

idiot

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Questions:

1) Will there be Brackets up before they start tomorrow?
2) Who survived this: (Pelca, Malcom, Nicole, YBM, Cable, Boss)
3) How many of the Japanese players made it into Brackets?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Rain and DEHF in the same pools was absolutely disgusting.

I definitely belive Rain was sandbagging that one.

and wtf is up with some pools being so **** stacked?!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
yo swordgard who got out of pools?
SG 2-0'ed his entire round 2 pool - including Gnes.

Swordgard for top 5.

(Pelca, Malcom, Nicole, YBM, Cable, Boss)
LOL @ people thinking this is the hardest pool.
Yeah, how about the pool with TO Joe, Vex, ANTi, and...**** i forgot the other amazing player ><

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also would like to note that the shadow dehf rain type pools led to a pool in which coney got first seed.

which even he admits should not happen.

clowsui

Smash Legend
You guys completely didn't read my post, did you? For shame.

I said that the Nicole/Y.b.M./Pelca/Malcolm/Cable/Boss pool was but ONE EXAMPLE of a hard pool.
Dazwa/Shadow/RAIN/DEHF/Seph/Shadofiend was also stacked w/ four to five threats. The TO Joe/Vex/Anti/whatever pool, that one's hard too!

But then, Coney gets Coney/ChaosMarth/Snakeee/Kingkong/two other ppl that I forget. Now props to Coney for getting 1st seed in that pool, but look at that pool compared to some of the others. Really?

Chibo also got a pool w/ like him, Jerm, REMIX and I forget the other three but apparently they're not notables? Idk, point is: the skill distribution is wack. I know it's 2nd round pools and it's based entirely off of results from R1 pools but seriously...what happened?

CO18

Smash Hero
Haha I made it out of pools I should've just went all ddd but I found out ally/jband/blackanese made a plan so I wouldn't get out of pools rofl and I thought they were cool what *****es yo. Ally losing to blackanese sding his first and last stocks obviously then was bout to lie in my face then finally admitted it.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yes really. I suspected it too cuz I saw them all huddled up then someone that I'm not gonna name came up to me saying he overheard it then sure enough they did then after blackanese "won" the first match vs jband I called strife over then blackanese was magically ***** the next 2 matches.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Haha I made it out of pools I should've just went all ddd but I found out ally/jband/blackanese made a plan so I wouldn't get out of pools rofl and I thought they were cool what *****es yo. Ally losing to blackanese sding his first and last stocks obviously then was bout to lie in my face then finally admitted it.
it happens =/ ppl get their friends and free win their way through pools at nationals. all u can do is call them out for it and hope they get brought to justice

Coney

Smash Master
hi guys

few things

my pool was CLEARLY the hardest, quit trolling

i was the main one referring to them as "the japanese"...and i honestly felt a little dirty saying it each time, but what do you want me to call them? oriental? they're great players and great people, and i haven't heard any complaints so far. the moment i hear word one from any of them i'll shut my trap.

thanks for watching the stream, we really appreciate it

we'll be back tomorrow!

Coney

Smash Master
coney you and tko **** @ commentary

dont change anything
thanks friend!

honestly yall can call for whoever you want on commentary

DM is great, very inventive, but i think he works best on his own tbh

me and TK are really good friends and also roommates, so we have a lot of natural chemistry together

but yeah if you guys ever get tired of any of our voices, feel free to let us know. we're here for you!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i mean, thats pretty bad, but as long as he still made it out, its w/e

sting, its looking like
1. coney
2. kingkong
3. snakeee.

clowsui

Smash Legend
nah CM reported that the results were coney/snakeee/him

also CO that's mad grimy...wow that **** actually makes me mad

btw coney and TKO rock! you guys are awesome, keep the stream goin :)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah doom is real chill on the mic. and he actually talks about the match (lol @ pierce talking to the stream every time he opened his mouth yesterday)

coney & tko duo da bess though.

Coney

Smash Master
no, kingkong didn't make it out

kingkong had to hope for chaosmarth beating snakeee 2-1 to have a shot

and apparently CM sd'd twice @ ~20 both stocks

dunno if it was a conspiracy or what but kingkong seemed kinda upset

sad too, he was a good guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom