• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I was reading over the ruleset and saw this: If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The NEITHER PLAYER CANNOT change character. So does that mean if Ally played Lain and Ally won game one and Lain won game two with IC's, Ally could choose to random stage and maybe force Lain to play IC's on Frigate/Norfair/Brinstar... on a CP stage?
only neutrals are on random.

also if thats the exact wording on the rule im pretty sure it's a double negative O.o might wanna change that lol

also i think that the rules need a redo bc last ichecked some **** was missing and some wording was weird

you're making it to this, Elliot? o:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I was reading over the brawl ruleset and saw this: If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The NEITHER PLAYER CANNOT change character. So does that mean if Ally played Lain and Ally won game one and Lain won game two with IC's, Ally could choose to random stage and maybe force Lain to play IC's on Frigate/Norfair/Brinstar... on a CP stage? Does stage banning apply to this random stage rule? And I didn't see the rule where the winner of a game can't take his opponent to the same stage he won on...
to answer that...there is no CP random to lock a person in anymore. That is a dead rule at this point. I am removing it right now.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
To let everyone know I was away at otakon and just now got back. I have to pm people, update the list, the rules, and Cristin has to do all of this as well. Give us time as I am settling in.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
While you're changing the rules, could you possibly add this rule: The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. I think it might play a role in the final 5-round matches.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alex Strife said:
Ok this is just for this thread and I will remind people about this.

In no way, shape, or form, is the man known as Hendrick Pilar a.k.a DJ Nintendo allowed at Apex, Hyatt Hotel, or anyones house during the dates of August 6 - August 8th. I am sadden to say that this person has not tried to pay anyone back and is making ADDITIONAL open promises.

I will not go into full detail but he has yet to pay anyone back and has asked me, Toasty , and Rei many times to take into account his situation. We decided that he should not be entering tournaments and that all money is/SHOULD be going to people he owes, his bills, etc.

I know everyone will respect this. If I hear anything from him I will be forced to put up all the AIM conversations I had with me to have proof of the type of person he has become.
Reposting this so people don't miss it. Don't get tricked.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Just DJ.

List will be updated tomorrow. I'm too exhausted to do it now, sorry.

Ling Ling

Smash Apprentice
more than 30$ in MMs against good players I'll be broke xD

MMs list for me (not accepting any more mms unless it's peach xD):

D3 vs Swordgard (IC's)

Kirby vs Co18(DDD)

kirby vs famous (mario)

D3 vs Judge death (Marth)

Kirby vs Deltacod (yoshi)

D3 vs vex (Pit)

D3 vs kiraflax (Pit)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
yo where do you pay for teams at the venue (front door or something or what?) and what time ??
you are suppose to pay online. If you did not but paid singles its an extra 10 bucks for doubles and you have to pm GIMR

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Thinking about coming to spectate but I don't want to commute every day.

If anyone has an extra spot in their room, I would gladly take it.

Willing to sleep in a corner lol.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I would chip in, obvz.

:3

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Good stuff Alex.

If PBnJ was banned from Pound 4 (unjustly or not), then I suppose it's only fair to ban DJ from Apex...

Otherwise it would have been REALLY unfair towards Evan, no hate to Hendrick or anything like that.

Hopefully he can pay people back! C'mon DJ!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
All Singles events will pay to top 8 ( this is based on attendance and will be scaled back to top 5 if turnouts are lower than 200)
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8684 said:
Ok guys here is where I tell you what I am providing. Check this all out :

* Payouts for doubles being top 8 and for singles top 16.
Wat...?

Top16char

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow tough stuff for DJ. Gotta pay those debts tho.

Melee needs to step it up and break the 200 mark!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
This post applies to Brawl players

Okay, here's the deal. I cannot make it to Saturday of Apex, which means I won't be doing singles. However, I do want lots of opportunity to play people, and I understand people will be prioritizing Money Matches. Typically, I'm heavily against money matches, but I figure since I'm not entering the tourney, I have some extra spending money.

That being said, I will be accepting almost all money matches from any player I haven't played before, regardless of character. I will be using a host of characters myself. I will NOT be taking a list. If you live in my state (then you know me) or in the tristate area, please don't waste my time. I want to fight only players I haven't fought before.

California, I'll be crashing your room one night for friendlies. Maybe Thursday night.
Texas, I miss you, so imma try to crash your room Saturday night. It's been TOOO long!!!

SK92

Smash Journeyman
This tourney will be legit, thanks for the online pay thats legit, also i should feel welcomed coming to EC. Cant wait for list to be updated, lol one player from nevada.....myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom