• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtails

Smash Lord
sure TJoe $5 mm? regular set or fox ditto?

I also go Lee so far for $5 regular set
ToonySonic for $5 regular set
Yes falcon ditto for $5? haha
Avarice for $5? regular set

seagull ill go mk, is that cool? i could do donkey kong or fox

do i have CO18's snake for $10 vs my mk?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
These are the rules for the most part for brawl

APEX 2010: BRAWL RULESET
• 3 stock
• 8 minute time limit
• Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
• Double Elimination
• IDC is banned
• 50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. ) [ 100 for doubles].
• Items are OFF including smash ball
Doubles:
• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.
Neutral:
• Final Destination
• Battlefield
• Yoshi's Story
• Smashville
• Lylat

• Stages for Counterpick:
• Delfino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Battleship Halberd
• Castle Siege
• Rainbow Cruise
• Brinstar
• Pokemon Stadium 1
Banned Stages:
*Everything Else
Mages Dq Rules:

2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.
Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.
If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The NEITHER PLAYER CANNOT change character.
• Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.
In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.
Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*
Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.
Extra Rules
• B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The venue will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
• We (the store, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.
• Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
• Scrooging: If you fly under the stage, you must land on the stage in order to repeat flying under the stage again. The moving platform, or any other platform that is distant from the stage (IE: Smashvilles Moving platform) does not count as landing on the stage. First offense is a loss of stock, 2nd offense is a loss of match, 3rd offense is a loss of set.
• All Infinites are banned excluding Ice climbers Chain Grabs, and all small step chain grabs are banned. Wall infinites are NOT banned.
• Infinite/extended dimensional cape is banned.
• All Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
• If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
• Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
• If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
• If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
• No pausing in-game. Pausing in-game will result in the loss of a stock. The second warning will be loss of a match. The ONLY exception is, if a host(s) asks you to pause.
• In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.
• Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*
• Singles seeding will be based on Region/Rankings with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will also be seeded in the same way.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Do any Melee players have an open spot in their hotel room?

Willing to split the costs, of course... please help, my original housing plan backfired.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
oshi i can feel the brawl hype increasing lol

canada's got dis. my brother joe will be top 8 no problem, holy and sword too!

aaaaaaaand ally will win lets gooooooooo

<3

I wanna be there so badly ; _ ;

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
sure TJoe $5 mm? regular set or fox ditto?

I also go Lee so far for $5 regular set
ToonySonic for $5 regular set
Yes falcon ditto for $5? haha
Avarice for $5? regular set

seagull ill go mk, is that cool? i could do donkey kong or fox

do i have CO18's snake for $10 vs my mk?
I like Dk vs Wolf. I'll go with that one. I hate versing Fox's.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Anybody in the smash community play poker? if so i would love to take your money the night before the tourney. i think i will be in kadaj and pp's room, so if anyone wants to play, find meh.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
take a bus its like 90$ ish round trip ....
from toronto? that's hella cheap wow

unfortunately, I couldn't care less about money or travelling. It always come down to the parents. strict as hell, don't like me traveling, same old same old... I could rebel but I 'd get the **** beat out of me when I come back... and I dont really want to have a bad relationship with my parents over of super smash brothers :laugh:

but I'll come to a big tourney soon, don't worry :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
By request for Ally

<object width="160" height="120"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ORMeyEOmQaQ&autoplay=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ORMeyEOmQaQ&autoplay=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="160" height="120"></embed></object>
me fighting M2K and M2K expresses his feelings towards the set. last form = NOO MONEYYYY lmao

Snakeee

Smash Master
Shadow/snakeee aren't going to apex Il y a 4 minutes via Sidekick

lmao no shadow or Snakeeee I guess GG em

We're trying to make it somehow, it's just we're both dead broke atm :(

I have some poker funds, but wouldn't be able to access that in time.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Anybody in the smash community play poker? if so i would love to take your money the night before the tourney. i think i will be in kadaj and pp's room, so if anyone wants to play, find meh.
Lol I may be up for some of this. But one rule, I get to deal ;)

heh heh all seriousness tho, pending on what I'm up to, I just may do some of this

Snakeee

Smash Master
I may....dabble in it >__>

....ok Sharkscope "Louiseee" for Scheduled tournaments on the Merge network :p

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
taking low tier MMS at this

as well as regular mms

and brawl mms

i suck but i think i can still probably beat 90% of brawlers

bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ugh speaking of poker, I need to get this bankroll going quicker...I'm getting into Omaha now too. So fun, but the variance tilts the **** outta me X_X

Also, it took me losing over 20K of my winnings to once and for all learn proper bankroll management @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom