• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I don't think I can make it to Apex. This last weekend I went to a tournament almost entirely on the kindness of others and I feel awful about it. It's not a good financial decision for me. Sorry guys, I really want to go and hang out. Tipped Off 6?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
sorry but it is far from a game room from a college this is a 10,000 sq/for double room with 4 giant projection screens ( about half the size of a movie theater but I maybe over estimating ).

On top of that they are providing

- chairs
- tables
- a fast internet connection 100mb/s down and 20mb/s up. Do the math as Cable modem is not as fast.

also they are providing food via subway until 11pm each day.

I can go on.

Look I understand you may think it is expensive but it is actually well priced. $35 is after a late fee of $5 was charged. People worked long and hard to make this tournament happen and the fees are well within the right of us to charge. You should not put down a venue you have not been to.

I've been to rutgers before..... Also I've had video game tournies at my school and it def didn't cost 35 to get in but *shrugs* I guess what ever is clever though I just feel some type of way about this since I've done things like this before at my school and it didn't cost nobodys 35 bucks for venue fee although it didn't last 3 days. But like I said whatever's clever

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
clever? I do not see what is clever about paying 6-7k for 2 rooms for 3 days.

its like 10 venue per day if you know how to do math.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I've been to rutgers before..... Also I've had video game tournies at my school and it def didn't cost 35 to get in but *shrugs* I guess what ever is clever though I just feel some type of way about this since I've done things like this before at my school and it didn't cost nobodys 35 bucks for venue fee although it didn't last 3 days. But like I said whatever's clever
You gotta think of the caliber of this tournament. It's a 3 day tournament with people from across the US and from many different countries with brawl, melee, brawl+, SSB, Brawl-, crew battles, and possibly other side events.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol i don't understand how you have 3000 posts and still don't understand how national tournaments work.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
vgbootcamp is providing

-40 tvs
-20 wiis
- recording stations
- livestream
- staff ( like mlg type staff for all stations )

so ya :)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
clever? I do not see what is clever about paying 6-7k for 2 rooms for 3 days.

its like 10 venue per day if you know how to do math.
I can do math and more than likely I can do it better than you. When I say whatever clever I don't actually mean you're being clever it just means I'm giving up on whatever point you're trying to make.

Lol i don't understand how you have 3000 posts and still don't understand how national tournaments work.

:confused:

What does my post count have to do with anything ?

Why is me saying that I have a problem with the price a problem for people ?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Alex, please let me give you the $35 in person.

AL: A venue and tournament of this Calibur is certainly worth 35 dollars venue fee.

This will be as big if not bigger than MLG and it might even surpass Pound 4 in Melee entrants.

MLG and Pound 4 were both $25 for a "Spectator Fee" which is the same as the Venue Fee, basically.

CO18

Smash Hero
After my finding out dabuz isnt black revised black crew

CO18,Anti,DEHF,Sk92,Tyrant,Gnes,Ninjalink,Malcolm, Kadaj,San

Subs: Jerm,GDX

WHO WANT DIS

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Everyone who's saying i wouldn't make a good crew captain or i wouldn't make good decisions.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I doubt you can do math better than me.

also

clev·er   [klev-er] Show IPA
–adjective, -er, -est.
mentally bright; having sharp or quick intelligence; able.
superficially skillful, witty, or original in character or construction; facile: It was an amusing, clever play, but of no lasting value.
showing inventiveness or originality; ingenious: His clever device was the first to solve the problem.
adroit with the hands or body; dexterous or nimble.
thats the definition of clever. If you are trying to use a saying you may wanna make it clear but otherwise a bad way to use it.

We do not have an issue with you saying that but complaining about it days before the tournament makes you sound like a child. Everyone knew the venue fee way before it was even in the title. Also, if you been to rutgers im sure you been to the rutgers student center in new Brunswick that is very large...bigger than a game room.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
young whippersnapers vs old foggies

18 and younger vs 19 and older crew battle.

we got hax, armada, mango, hbox, colbol, ect

bring it old people.

CO18

Smash Hero
Double revised list forgot about pierce too
CO18,Anti,DEHF,Sk92,Tyrant,Gnes,Ninjalink,Pierce, Kadaj,San

Subs: Jerm,GDX

WHO WANT DIS

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
for brawl this will be bigger than mlg and hopefully active gamers ( my goal is to break the largest brawl attendence).

For melee it seems like we are going to do very well in this honor. Sadly personal issues have deterred some of WC but imo they told me why and I say at certain points in your life you have to say F smash family is WAY more important.

SleepyK is ok now.

M2k needs to contact me as I have to talk to him right now. If he doesnt contact me I will not let him register for Apex ( I am sure with that he will contact me so please make sure he knows )

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Everyone who's saying i wouldn't make a good crew captain or i wouldn't make good decisions.

yo why u mad?

no one said u cant make good decisions. but we dont think you can make better ones than other people who've been involved in other crew battles.

I can kill Jiggs at 0% with my Fsmash. Can you/Junebug/Zucco do that?

Didn't think so, ksizl4life!
you got me there.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Alex, please let me give you the $35 in person.

AL: A venue and tournament of this Calibur is certainly worth 35 dollars venue fee.

This will be as big if not bigger than MLG and it might even surpass Pound 4 in Melee entrants.

MLG and Pound 4 were both $25 for a "Spectator Fee" which is the same as the Venue Fee, basically.
He's not going to let you pay in person.

Last year apex venue fee was 25 also I believe.

Unless I'm getting a hand job or a blow I don't see a point in the extra 10.

I doubt you can do math more than me

also

thats the definition of clever. If you are trying to use a saying you may wanna make it clear but otherwise a bad way to use it.

We do not have an issue with you saying that but complaining about it days before the tournament makes you sound like a child. Everyone knew the venue fee way before it was even in the title. Also, if you been to rutgers im sure you been to the rutgers student center in new Brunswick that is very large...bigger than a game room.

Well I haven't looked at the price because I wasn't planning on attending since I wasn't going to pay online since I thought I was going to a bachelor party in August however, since i learned that the price of that is way too ridiculous then I decided to check the info for apex. Then when I do check the info I see the price and I feel some type of way about it and I said that.

The math thing is a moot there's no point in even arguing about it. If you want to think you're better than me in math then that's fine.

As for the whatevers clever line I use it to show indifference to whatever kind of how people say whatever floats your boat.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
like I said b4 at pound. accepting all money matches against any jigglypuff, any CF or any IC. 5 dollar minimum.

also accepting other money matches. I am writing this **** down and like at pound4 I will be looking for ppl.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
alright I need everyone to pay attention

I need some WC brawlers and WC meleers to please im me about the crew battle situation.

I have to start setting that up now so please do so

that means someone should be iming me soon ( EGGZ )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom