• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuCKy

Smash Master
TIGHT

i kinda got my ticket lol see you soon east coast

. . .. ill sign up eventually though >.>

swordgard

Smash Hero
Your point? Who cares if you are good or not.. you are missing the magic involved in tournaments. There is no such thing as "standards", there is only infinite potential. Also, the heart to go forward no matter what happens.. faith or no faith. The mind is tricky.. however the heart never lies!

Oh.. and if you are disappointed by expectations of someone.. well it's safe to say no one cares other than you.. which means you'll look like an *******.
Your heart will only lead you to bias, only your intellect can lead you where you need to go.

There is no infinite potential, for you will always be limited by what the game allows you to do and not , its just the way it is. The mind is not that tricky, otherwise people would not be able to mindread other players as well.

I guess I just ain't as optimist as you are.

Furthermore, if nobody cares but me, doesn't change the fact that people who are in competitive communities should understand that there are always going to be people that are going to be above the "good" standard other people usually have. There is such thing as a standard, and you are always the one that sets it. For example, in brawl, whenever someone gets up air-ed by MK, I expect the person to get at least 2 in before the other guy pops out. Some people like Mr doom however, can SDI very far and break that mold. Does that mean there should be no standard? Nope, it just means on average its better statistically to assume some things as the "standard", it allows us not to have to analyze each and every single thing to cut down on processing power required to be more efficient. This is what most species strive for. I might look like an *** if I have high standards, but why should one even bother about what others think about him. This only makes you become more and more biased towards popular choices.

I doubt anyone will bother reading this entire post though...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Your heart will only lead you to bias, only your intellect can lead you where you need to go.

There is no infinite potential, for you will always be limited by what the game allows you to do and not , its just the way it is. The mind is not that tricky, otherwise people would not be able to mindread other players as well.

Furthermore, if nobody cares but me, doesn't change the fact that people who are in competitive communities should understand that there are always going to be people that are going to be above the "good" standard other people usually have. There is such thing as a standard, and you are always the one that sets it. For example, in brawl, whenever someone gets up air-ed by MK, I expect the person to get at least 2 in before the other guy pops out. Some people like Mr doom however, can SDI very far and break that mold. Does that mean there should be no standard? Nope, it just means on average its better statistically to assume some things as the "standard", it allows us not to have to analyze each and every single thing to cut down on processing power required to be more efficient. This is what most species strive for. I might look like an *** if I have high standards, but why should one even bother about what others think about him. This only makes you become more and more biased towards popular choices.

I doubt anyone will bother reading this entire post though...
I did.

I found it to be a waste of space though.

Yay for blind optimism. It trumps stagnant pessimism any day!

Smooth Criminal

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Here you go Alex. Boredom at home led to this:

Its half of the signed cards we've done with smashers from Pound and Genesis. The A is made up of every big Falco players (Zhu, Axe, Shiz, etc) and at the top is Alex Strifes signed card in between mine and Tw1ns

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey can anyone from florida help out ShizWiz and his bro with a ride ? They have no ride to the event:(

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Here you go Alex. Boredom at home led to this:

Its half of the signed cards we've done with smashers from Pound and Genesis. The A is made up of every big Falco players (Zhu, Axe, Shiz, etc) and at the top is Alex Strifes signed card in between mine and Tw1ns
LOLOLOLOL TOO GOOD

Quality job, Twin! ^_~

Lobos

Smash Master
I'm reconsidering about going......whats up with housing? who from md/va is going? who wants to ride with me?

I'm probably gonna do "Road to Apex 2"

I'm probably going to troll and talk **** to a whole of you

I'm probably going to do just doubles

and

I'm probably going to team with Jerm

that is all

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
We'll try to find you too then, and hopefully not disappoint. Just loook for a guy with a backwards black hat on that has red flames and has TaeKwonDo on it :D Or just run around to every person you see and ask them if they know where the twins are. That way may actually take longer, but depending on how you go about it, it could be an infinite times funnier :p

Wow Hbox was featured in a movie about ping pong!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAZTTzfxuoY

Would've never guessed.

Tried to find that scene of Terry Crews spinning a ball on one finger but nooooooooo.

One month away! Get HYPE!

he loooks SOOOOOOOOOO much more like Inui

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I'm always too scared to come into this thread after HBeezy posts because I don't wanna watch anymore videos of him peeling Mang0's or his bored Facebook pics, but ****it... he said something "mean" about Inui...

****it!! I respect that!

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo chillin me and dav3 want to look for 3v3 money matches in ssf4 u want to be on the squad?

assuming theres going to be people that aren't too scared at this ... also i'm taking all doubles money matches ... lets goooooooooooo!

and ssf4 money matches as well !!!!

(amounts WILL vary) LOL

Divinokage

Smash Legend

I was actually talking about it in the more general sense but I guess you missed it. Following your heart leads to God. That's what I'm talking about.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm reconsidering about going......whats up with housing? who from md/va is going? who wants to ride with me?

I'm probably gonna do "Road to Apex 2"

I'm probably going to troll and talk **** to a whole of you

I'm probably going to do just doubles

and

I'm probably going to team with Jerm

that is all
Im MDVA
I want a ride D:<

swordgard

Smash Hero
I was actually talking about it in the more general sense but I guess you missed it. Following your heart leads to God. That's what I'm talking about.
Atheist here.

Following your heart actually often brings you to do wrong moral choices.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
zzzzzzomggggggg

Memphis, if you're concerned about going with people just make a thread in the Atlantic North social forum. Someone should (hopefully) see it and respond. There are PLENTY of NYC people going (Brawl and Melee alike).

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Apex vids are all re-posted in the first page. So it's fine to post it here.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Haven't been in here in forever

B.ut to anybody that knows me from any other big events WHOS STAYING AT THE HYATT???

I'm tryna like hang out and stuff, but I'll just get housing if nobodys staying there

@crismas...will you have stickers again =] my pichu is all dirty now...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom