• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime North Attendees Post Here

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
fyi to everyone, I'm selling cheap AN weekend passes for $25 bucks each. I ordered too many for my friends and have to get rid of them.

yeah, let me know via pm etc.
*ahem* I would like to have one of those. Or two.. maybe three.

That is, if my exam schedule doesn't **** me >_>

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Oh, awesome! I wonder if bugging them on the AN forums helped at all xD
Hahaha I doubt it... I just checked the forums on the AN site which I nvr paid attention too. And none of the other staff members even brought it up. So fail... they have a forum for the purpose of getting opinions... but no one seems to listen to them anyways *sigh*

Iliad

Smash Lord
Phil. I guess I'm not clear enough when we're having those cigarette discussions.

I ****ing love asian women. I have yellow fever. I'm down with the sickness. I can't get enough of that sugar crisp.

I don't care if they're "cust" whatever the **** that means. I want to ravage them. End of story.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Phil. I guess I'm not clear enough when we're having those cigarette discussions.

I ****ing love asian women. I have yellow fever. I'm down with the sickness. I can't get enough of that sugar crisp.

I don't care if they're "cust" whatever the **** that means. I want to ravage them. End of story.
Haha cust... awesome... have not heard that one in a while lol! Speaking of sugar crisp wtf ever happened to that cerial is it even still around?? =S

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I'll probably randomly show up out of nowhere like last year lol

btw any chance there will be some Brawl+?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Unless one of us brings a full setup (TV + Wii), I sincerely doubt it.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
MOTHER ****ING NOBUYUKI HIYAMA IS GOING TO BE AT ANIME NORTH.

YES, YOU HEARD RIGHT.

It's the voice actor for Adult Link in OOT.

WE COULD ASK HIM TO SAY SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Sanu

Smash Champion
lol the funny thing is I think it would work too

*steals*

also josh are you gonna be staying the night there, or you gonna be going back to you place. either way can i crash with you?
Aww snap! I'm not really sure what I'm doing, I'll figure it out and let you know.

I still have some passes left people! PM me if interested.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
how much are regular weekend tickets being sold for? Sanuzi i think ill buy one off you if its the same price or cheaper,just as long as it allows me to play in the tourney xD

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
To confirm yes it's $55 for weekend pass.

Friday, May 22: $35 (Hours: 6pm - 2am)
Saturday, May 23: $40 (Hours: 10am - 2am)
Sunday, May 24: $35 (Hours: 10am - 6pm)

Serafis

Smash Rookie
nah you can buy wknd passes at the door but there might be a huge *** line.
I recommend actually that one would go on Friday if not pre-reg. From past experience, the line up for that on Friday is TINY (as opposed to Saturday's ginormous one).

Pho

Smash Journeyman

I'm Asian, and I don't even like Asian women... Then again, it doesn't help that I'm white washed.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
I recommend actually that one would go on Friday if not pre-reg. From past experience, the line up for that on Friday is TINY (as opposed to Saturday's ginormous one).
lol Seriously, if you plan on paying at the door for AN, pay on Friday. As this man said, everybody at AN on Friday are there for getting the pre-reg weekend passes, so the pre-reg line is as retardedly long as Saturday's. I remember my friend pre-registering for us for last year's AN, and it took us like 3 hours to get the passes -_-

Sanu

Smash Champion
lol Seriously, if you plan on paying at the door for AN, pay on Friday. As this man said, everybody at AN on Friday are there for getting the pre-reg weekend passes, so the pre-reg line is as retardedly long as Saturday's. I remember my friend pre-registering for us for last year's AN, and it took us like 3 hours to get the passes -_-
Oooooooooorr...... :laugh:

Sanu

Smash Champion
well for anyone that really cares, I'm most likely not gonna be going to this anymore for a number of reasons.
Matt nnoooooo :(... what's up? Let me know via PM if you don't want to mention it on the boards...

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
It's almost time!

Saskatchewan members are as follows; Alex (Blitz), Ryu (The Bowser player), Q (C.E.O.), Dan (some WoW addict), and Vega (my roommate).

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I might decide to come to Anime North since my sister wants some Reborn plush from Hitman Reborn, as well I might plan on sleeping over there so I get in early and stuff. :3

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
@Those planning to join the Brawl tournament at Anime North

From what I'm reading by the newly released programming schedule the Brawl tournament will be taking place on Friday at 8pm, usually it's always on a Saturday but guess they decided to change it.

Also sadly it seems the Brawl tournament will be capped at 64 people, they will have two 32 man room brackets going on in different rooms. I'm sure there will be a few set ups around later that night or on Saturday and Sunday for friendlies and perhaps side tournaments.

I'm getting this information from the Anime North website, so if anyone can confirm what I'm saying is true that'd be nice lol. :laugh:

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Is there a Melee tourney or is the Smash community like a Smashfest? I would like hope to go on the weekends and stay home Friday >.<

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Well there's a SSB64 tournament going on and I remember someone confirming Melee will be there so yeah Melee should be there, just not sure what day.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
>.< Than I'll have to pack up on Friday and find a place to stay.. I think ^.^

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
oh snap I wanna play you guys. It'll be cool to play saskatchewan people. Melee or Brawl?
I'm not bringing the elite here, the only actual competitive people are the C.E.O. and myself. Vega doesn't even play video games (except for WoW). Dan plays melee because Samus doesn't suck. I prefer melee but could be coerced into playing otherwise. C.E.O. and Ryu could swing any other way.

Thanks, Sanuzi. Worst comes to worst, I'll find a spot at the back of a video room or sleep in the car. I can adjust really well. xD

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
matt. NOOOOOOOOOOO.

care to explain?
*copied and pastes convo with mike*

*Suju* --- Wish You Were Here said:
why aren't you going to AN/
- Matthew - said:
several reasons
?
- Matthew - said:
well every year I've gone for the past 2 years was fun filled with drama and bad luck comes in 3's, I dont have the money to go, I'm really not that into anime any more and there are a few other personal reasons which I prefer not to disclose
alright

Top Bottom