• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime North Attendees Post Here

Pho

Smash Journeyman
just curious..

Whats the update with melee and sf4? who won?
You didn't miss anything for SF4. There was power shortages that delayed EVERYTHING, so it got canceled...

On the bright side, I beat RaynEx! His Abel is solid.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I got *****... but ***** the right way :3 I think I've gotten alot more smarter and now I reliase like... certain openings and stuff...

Will there be any Melee tomorrow?

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Alright I guess I'll do my shoutouts.

Danny: Been a long time since I last saw you, good talking to ya and good job representing Snake and Rufus.

Anthony: Nice meeting ya bro, your MK ***** my G&W silly, but good times regardless. We'll have to play again sometime.

Yuuki: Good seeing you again man, it's a shame you didn't get to come to the tournament but hopefully you make it down for Mikey's.

Ambrose: Brose your too beastly man lol, good stuff. Nice talking to ya bro, I regret not being able to have any matches with you but hopefully we can get in some friendlies @ Mikeys tournament. After all, Random vs IC's is just epic lol. :bee:

Pho: Ha I saw you using Chun-Li man, good stuff. Just remember Chun-Li is my girl, but I'll let you use her in SF4. :laugh:

Last but not least Joe: Great seeing ya again man, lol your my hero for getting me that spot in the tournament even if it was only 1 match I'm still grateful lol. We need to have friendlies at Mikey's for sure, and I'll bug you on AIB for some matches soon.

@ Everyone I may of missed....sorry lol. :urg:

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Just reminding everyone, Just because I suck doesn't mean SK does.

Also: GGs, RayneX. Pleasure making your aqcuaintance, Sanuzi. Sorry I couldn't stick around, I had other stuff to do today. Check out the Masquerade.

Pho

Smash Journeyman

Pho: Ha I saw you using Chun-Li man, good stuff. Just remember Chun-Li is my girl, but I'll let you use her in SF4. :laugh:
Nuh uh. She's my girl. But too bad I couldn't find any hot Chun-Li girls to take pictures with...

5ive

Smash Champion
Mother ****ing **** *** ***** *** ****** *****.

This sounded good. Mother ****ing johning friends johned because they though this would suck. Plus we had discounted tickets too. Honestly, what were they thinking :'(

Enough swearing :) How was it?

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Nuh uh. She's my girl. But too bad I couldn't find any hot Chun-Li girls to take pictures with...
Nah Pho, Chun-Li and Mai are always mine. You can have Cammy and uh...Toon Link. :laugh:

Mother ****ing **** *** ***** *** ****** *****.

This sounded good. Mother ****ing johning friends johned because they though this would suck. Plus we had discounted tickets too. Honestly, what were they thinking :'(

Enough swearing :) How was it?
Aww poor 5ive.

Um well the tournament itself was garbage. Adnan and MDK tried to do what they could but it was too late to save it.

As for the convention it was good. Bought a decent amount of stuff, saw some nice cosplayers, got a few cute asian girls numbers(don't worry they are legal) and just had an overall fun time. :)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Nah Pho, Chun-Li and Mai are always mine. You can have Cammy and uh...Toon Link. :laugh:

Aww poor 5ive.

Um well the tournament itself was garbage. Adnan and MDK tried to do what they could but it was too late to save it.

As for the convention it was good. Bought a decent amount of stuff, saw some nice cosplayers, got a few cute asian girls numbers(don't worry they are legal) and just had an overall fun time. :)
Word, had lots of fun and met some awesome weird people consplaying as people. For this being my first time at Anime North, I had a fun experience :"3

What did you get? I got a Haruhi Fujioka plushie, buttons and some little keychains, I bought like, a Katekyo Hitman Reborn poster, a Tsuna plushie and a deck of cards with the case of Katekyo Hitman Reborn on them for my sister.

Well in general... What did everyone else buy for curiousness?

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I bought a blue Toon Link plush toy. It's even holding a bomb! Extremely badass and awesome.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Hmm lets see. I bought a Rukia figurine, and Rukia poster, a Bleach Captain Robe, an Urahara hat, a soul candy dispenser, a Kon dressed up as Urahara plushie, and I think that's it. As you can see my spending was mostly Bleach related seeing as I bought a bunch of Naruto stuff last year. I really wanted to buy one of the swords made by that huge smith looking guy, but they were pretty **** expensive, I'll probably get one next year.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Next year I don't think I'll do the tournaments. I hear it's always that disorganized, but it's cool to chat with smash players. Playing DDR was also pretty fun, but I didn't think there was SO much stuff to look at.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I heard there was an 1 hour waiting line just to play DDR... Dedication to DDR :3

I wanted to buy something from To Aru Majutsu No Index but there was nothing there... Absolutly NOTHING..., I had to get the second best thing I saw (HARUHISM!) I didn't even get to see anyone cosplay from To Aru Majutsu No Index... I saw someone cosplaying as Elizibeth from Gintama and I think someone cosplayed as Kagura as well :"3

G U R U

Smash Lord
oh man this was a fun weekend :)

fri - pre registration kicks ***. Got in in like 5 mins XD. Mostly just bought stuff (Kanon 06 box set, clothes, figures, mk plushie, and lots of posters) and went to brawl.

sat - seems like a good thing that I decided to skip melee. didn't really wanna get up that early lol. I was in the yugioh room trading for most of the day. Made sum profit off that to spend on more anime stuff XD. Later Me and my bro went to watch Gurren Lagann cus I wanted to show him how epic it was. Thankfully it was in japanese and he loved it as expected.

sun - got a lot of pics since I was cosplaying as bankai ichigo. Also went and watched all the amvs with Zen and his gf. There were sum really good ones.

shoutouts:
adnan - thanks for the hype during my matches ^_^ and for helping run the tourny. You really helped a lot. It would've been a disaster without you.

Worldjem - nice meeting you again man. mk dittos are stupid with only 5 mins time limit lol. 1% ftw. I wanted to play sum melee with you but I knew I'd play ****ty after playing brawl all day and being dead tired. Next time for sure.

danny - nice snake. I thought I had you, but I screwed up. NEXT TIME! :mad:

ambrose - 2 gud lol.

TO Joe - grats on getting 2nd. you're like the only good fox I've ever seen.

umm I'm sure there's others that I'm forgetting sry. gg's to everyone I 3 stocked :laugh:

unknown522

Some guy
They ran a 64 man bracket (double-elim) in melee with 4 setups in 3 and a half hours. They deserve an applause.

I also want to see the recorded matches.

SF4 failed it up hard. Lack of setups.

I wanted to go the 3rd strike tourney, but I didn't want to go there for 9am again.

just curious..

Whats the update with melee and sf4? who won?
dunno who won SF4. I missed the tourney because they pushed back the time.

for melee:

1st - me (pumba) - fox
2nd - david (kirbykaze) - sheik
3rd - bernard (raynex) - fox
4th - mike (europhoria) - marth
5th - andy (lanowen) - samus
5th - josh (sanuzi) - falco/fox
7th - mikey (demon strike [david's brother]) - falcon/ganon?
7th - jack (summonedfist) - fox
9th - afro chris? - falcon
9th - ?
9th - ?
9th - ?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
*pats Bernie*

shoutouts

raynex - lol falcon isn't even funny you should have gone mewtwo and made it really close if you were trying to be hilarious :laugh:

unknown522 - i got owned again i have to stop losing so badly against you so many games in a row :laugh:

mikey - i failed you :( sorry :(

zen - good to see you man

guru - good to see you too man :)

jack - we never got to play :urg: too few setups :urg:

mike - wow so much car judaism lol just go fox man it'll give you an easier answer to puff and falcon and dumb levels :laugh:

kyle - sorry i was so dead :urg: i hope i wasn't tooooo boring lol

josh - top quality job man, thanks for the experience, i wish we got to play lol

afro chris - stop losing 2-0 to people i want a third game dammit :laugh:

arndrei - nice seeing you guy :bee:

pho - f-tilt edgeguard was too funny. i'm glad you dragged jack with you even though i still didn't get to play him :laugh: thanks man

andy - scoliosis tried to spike you but you were like "naw man i surgery teched that" <3 your shirt

landy - lol samus <3 sheik's recovery is broken vs samus EPIC F-SMASH DODGE WHOAMAGOD

afro something or other - nice puff lol falcon sucks vs sheik btw

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I don't really wanna see my recorded matches if any LOL.

I do however want more melee next year >_> We could definitely run a larger scale tournament with a few more setups and a later start time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I want Melee to start at noon. :bee:

SF4 failed sooooooooooooo hard omg.

Melee succeeded in epic fashion. Go Melee.

Next time I'll bring a gamecube.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
does anyone know whats going on with the prizes? did Adnan get me and broses prize or are we gonna meet up

next time i go to Anime North i need to buy stuff lol >.> *regrets not getting that fox/falco poster*

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Anime North makes me both happy and upset that it's socially acceptable for men to talk around shirtless.

I'm happy because some of them are actually hot.

I'm upset because most of them are not.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
also, i dont think im getting my prize after talking with brose lol >.<

"did i just see a bald Goku? why the **** is that bald guy dressed as Goku"
"hes supposed to be Krillin"

lmaooooooo^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Anime North makes me both happy and upset that it's socially acceptable for men to talk around shirtless.

I'm happy because some of them are actually hot.

I'm upset because most of them are not.
Sorry. <<; I'll seriously pull it off next year.

Special notes and shoutouts:

Once again, sorry for having to leave early. I had a lot of stuff to do. Sunday after the fighting game photoshoot I lost my con badge, so I couldn't do anything even if I wanted.

Raynex - Thank you so much for playing me. That was actually some of the most fun I've had in a long time; it's good to be reminded that there's still a long way to go to the top.

Sanuzi - We didn't chill much, but I already know you're a pretty cool guy. We gotta play some sometimes. Thank you so much for the passes.

KirbyKaze - Wow, you are effeminate. Also extremely charismatic; Sorry I didn't stick around, though. We gotta play sometime.

Makabi7(?) - Wow, that was a serious Brawl Pika. Sorry we couldn't chill out more, it was cool to talk to you.

Top Bottom