• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime North Attendees Post Here

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
We'll miss you, in any case.

In other news: I kind of twisted my knee yesterday after taking a bad throw. I have it on ice and I'm stretching it every once and a while. Should I be okay by the time AN comes around?

5ive

Smash Champion
**** brawl?

I'll go for brawl+ plz.
Edit: too lazy to check all the pages. Anyone link me to wherever the Brawl tournament details are.
Double Edit: **** friday? Some one let me know if friendlies are happening on saturday. That would be better.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Matt not into anime anymore? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:(

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Matt not into anime anymore? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:(
yea the only thing good that I've seen recently was the higurashi series, but other than that the only anime I've been watching was naruto and bleach and the only reason for that is because downloading each episode every week has become a ritual for me

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Blatant troll is blatant.

Sanuzi, this just hit me; how are we getting our tickets from you? You're going to contact us via cell or something, or identify all the Street Fighter characters standing in a group in the lineup?

5ive

Smash Champion
@5ive

http://www.animenorth.com/docs/schedpart1.pdf

According to the schedule it's Friday @ 8pm.

Out of everyone here who plans to go for the Friday seeing as it's when the Brawl tournament is going down? I know most people just go for the Saturday seeing as its the best day of the 3 and some go for the whole weekend.
Do you think there will be friendlies held on saturday? Anyone thinking of going Saturday? I think I'm going with eugene.

Edit:
http://www.animenorth.com/docs/schedpart2.pdf
Look at area three. Seems as if there's free play. Friendlies or something?

Edit Edit: Btw, we might be able to bring a TV for a full Brawl+ setup.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Do you think there will be friendlies held on saturday? Anyone thinking of going Saturday? I think I'm going with eugene.

Edit:
http://www.animenorth.com/docs/schedpart2.pdf
Look at area three. Seems as if there's free play. Friendlies or something?

Edit Edit: Btw, we might be able to bring a TV for a full Brawl+ setup.
I'm hoping there will be friendlies held on Saturday at least by someone.

Yeah the area's set up as freeplay just have whatever going on, so hopefully people bring set ups, I would if I could.

I don't like the fact the tournament is on Friday since I'll be busy running around with my one friend who more than likely doesn't wanna sit around watching me play a Brawl tournament. :(

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
^Renaissance Hotel

Like last year it's capped at 64 people. According to the schedule their running two 32 man brackets at the same time in two different rooms.

Rooms are:

Haliburton and Golden Del

Yeah I agree 8 seems a bit late, and according to the programming Tekken and some dance game start at 10 in the same rooms, so basically I guess they are going to try and finish the Brawl tournament in 2 hours. =O

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Adnan's expressing his insecurities as a Peach main violently again.

Don't worry guys, just wait ten minutes, he'll be back to embroidery, laundry, and making sandwiches soon enough.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Teen Titans is NOT an anime :)

biiiiyaatcchhhhhh :mad:

LOL @ my post being a "troll" post
His point was that Teen Titans ****ing sucks <_<

Anyways, for Matt (And everyone else): Watch "Baccano!". It is seriously one of the best animes I've ever seen o____o and it's pretty short at only 16 episodes. I'll supply the links if anyone wants em, just send me a PM.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
His point was that Teen Titans ****ing sucks <_<

Anyways, for Matt (And everyone else): Watch "Baccano!". It is seriously one of the best animes I've ever seen o____o and it's pretty short at only 16 episodes. I'll supply the links if anyone wants em, just send me a PM.
About maintaining those tickets, bro. I'm leaving Monday night just in case. <<

Also, people need me to bring a setup?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
so ambrose told me you dont need passes to enter the brawl tourney, is this true? cuz itd save me 25$

5ive

Smash Champion
alright. Looks like me and 4 other people are coming with a Brawl+/Brawl setup on Saturday. Friendlies : )

btw, the Wii has unlimited replays so try to find me if you wanna be on Youtube.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
so ambrose told me you dont need passes to enter the brawl tourney, is this true? cuz itd save me 25$

Well the tournament is taking place in the hotel so you can try and avoid getting a badge to join the tournament. Last year I got ****ed over because when I went to sign up they said I had to have a badge, so by time I ran and got a badge and came back all the spots were full.

But yeah like I said, you can try it and hopefully it works out for ya. All I know is you and Ambrose better be in the tournament. ><

alright. Looks like me and 4 other people are coming with a Brawl+/Brawl setup on Saturday. Friendlies : )

btw, the Wii has unlimited replays so try to find me if you wanna be on Youtube.
Sounds good, but first things first. What the hell do you look like? or will you be cosplaying as Princesss Peach or something (makes it easier to figure out who's who lol)

5ive

Smash Champion
Lol, I'm going to be cosplaying as a normal asian <_<. I have no idea how you guys will find the setup, unless you guys get lucky.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
aha, so i google anime north and smash bros and find this page =]

I havn't logged onto smashboards in ages =P at least since brawl was released
but yeah, cool to see there's going to be a tournament again this year (well, a brawl one now I guess)

last year, besides the touney, there were tons of people all playing melee in the hotel anyways, it was alot of fun. People were playing all day and night.

anyone who wants to join the actual tourney, i'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this) you have to register earlier in the day, and then come back because the tounament is much later (it was like that last year). I'm not 100% sure it'l be like that this year, but it's worth checking into =\. It's probably on the website

Either way, i'm staying at a hotel there this year =P so i'm planning on playing =3

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
@5ive

Oh geez, lol it's going to be impossible to spot you then since it's at a Anime Convention after all.

Oh well, whenever I'm playing I'll just use my tag "Nin" so people can recognize me.

5ive

Smash Champion
A couple of my friends johned leaving only 2 of us going to Anime North. The other one said he has to get enough money by Saturday, so if he backs out, looks like I'm not going. Lets just hope I can still go >_<

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
A couple of my friends johned leaving only 2 of us going to Anime North. The other one said he has to get enough money by Saturday, so if he backs out, looks like I'm not going. Lets just hope I can still go >_<
Oh wow, thing's changed pretty **** quickly huh. =O

Top Bottom