• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
reading your posts is like scratching nails on a chalkboard, kevin.

more people attending tournaments does not make the game more competitive ryker.
metaknight was not broken. youre lame if you use that term and i am disegarding your entire post because the whole post is only exageratting metaknight.
is it hard to believe that some people like playing a character? or is EVERYONE just one of those whiny *****es "lol u only lyke 2 play with HimMB BECause hE iS XCCHEAAP!!"

mk was clearly the most advanced character in the game.
people prolly just dont want to use characters they dont have fun with. its not that they are quiting because they cant outgay people anymore kevin you are so annoying. say they ban every character you like in brawl, you arent going to keep going to tournaments if you enjoy no other characters. not everyone has multiple characters they enjoy. i enjoy playing with 2 characters. metaknight and ddd. why waste your time and money so you can not enjoy yourself to please other people?

cant believe ppl are stil QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQing over metaknights brokeness. stop mentioning it. stop making it the center of all of your posts
More people attending tournaments most CERTAINLY makes the game more competitive.
Which is more competitive, me outrunning two of my friends, or me outrunning every track team at a regional meet?
The more people you have, THE MORE COMPETITION YOU HAVE.

That seemed extremely obvious to me.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Is there any thread on smashboards where TOs talk about new ways to make tournaments better, other than implementing different rulesets? I'd love to get some ideas for ASL.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
More people attending tournaments most CERTAINLY makes the game more competitive.
Which is more competitive, me outrunning two of my friends, or me outrunning every track team at a regional meet?
The more people you have, THE MORE COMPETITION YOU HAVE.

That seemed extremely obvious to me.
i forget why i multiquoted you

i disagree =/= you're bad at arguing
no. you continually making this about how mk was "broken" isnt of arguing is = youre bad at arguing.
* If more people are learning the game, I think that more competitors would lead to the game becoming more competitive.
* I'm pretty confident in saying that most top players are not quitting. Most of the top mk players that i can think of play multiple characters (Ally, Tyrant, Atomsk, Rain, Seibrik, Anti, Judge) just to name a few. As far as I know, Nairo hasnt played in awhile, so his quitting isn't a recent occurence.
* I personally think MK was too good. It was a culmination of very good attributes that made mk raw
~Frame data, Recovery, and his ability to put pressure on his opponent was just crazy good
I understand where you are coming from Austin. You don't want anyone to belittle your skill level, just because you played mk. To be competent at this game you have to understand how to play and be able to read your opponent. However, I feel like mk was a big fall back character for many players. I personally don't think mk takes a lot of time to learn/pick up, but that's just my opinion (along with everything i've said in this post).
anyways*** about AUSOM4. Does anyone want money matches? I'll play diddy and wolf in money matches, so if anyone is interested PLZ LET ME KNOW!
that not even one third of it, elev8. i have played for a while i know im good i dont care if people dont think so or not. mk was actually one of my worst characters i just REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to main him. im pretty sure everyone would agree i had more potential with wario than mk. i just have a problem with everyone having REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad logic on any subject pertaining to MK where they essentially just bring everything back around to him being broken. metaknight is not past the realms of logic. he does not brain wash people into playing him by coming to the people in their dreams and being like "look at me i ammmm broookkeennn" SOME PEOPLE LIKE THE CHARACTER AND HIS PLAYSTYLE GOD DAMN YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS

i dont see how more people coming to tournaments will be more competition they are all going to be scrubs... :urg:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
and i dont see how mk was making characters unplayable or not live up to their full potential.
it is one matchup in which hardly any characters have it really bad against him in the first place.

idk i just dont get it.
its not liek mk is randomly appearing in low tier matches where sonic is facing ike, during which he infinitely tornados sonic to 200 percent each stock because sonic is a low tier and mk was put into the game to destroy low tiers and make them unplayable. he is just one character and the worst would be like CF and ganon who WILL NOT become playable with or without mk. like ddd is a very easy MU for mk but still COney was like number 1 in MD/VA for a whillleee.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
really? so why is 90% of the metagame MK is always in the discussion, the equation of why character X is good? most matchup threads make sure to cover MK with a nice pretty wall of text.

not that wrong if you ask me.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
"I don't see why more people are trying out for the basketball team, they are all going to be scrubs..."
not a comparable subject to brawl.

compare it to a fighting game or something.

"more random people are attending this Street Fighter tournament so the number one player in the state is going to have a much rougher time making it to finals."
which we all know to be false. more randoms mean more free money. it sucks but. prodigys dont exist in video games.

also people have been playing basketball by its general rules for a most of their lifes. smash bros. rules change massively when the competition goes from casual to competitve.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
really? so why is 90% of the metagame MK is always in the discussion, the equation of why character X is good? most matchup threads make sure to cover MK with a nice pretty wall of text.

not that wrong if you ask me.
because he is the best character. that = wall of text to beat him.
not anywhere near 90 percent of the game.
lets say each character holds like 5 percent of the game. there are 32 or something? so in a perfect brawl each character would hold like 5 percent. (ok i know thats off) metaknight probably holds like 9 percent. or maybe 11 or something. which is alot. that is double a normal character. but it is
NOT 90

exagerations are false statements. its as simple as that.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
but you get where the exagerations come from, because almost everyone plays MK, the only thing worth discussing is how to beat him, this diminishes potential because players arent focusing on how to beat othet characters then get roflstomped by them because they dont know the matchup because all they play against or learn is playing with/against MK.

Twinster

Smash Cadet
a person, especially a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy. - Dictionary.com

A vast majority if not all of the top national players have "extraordinary talent or ability" so by definition they are prodigies.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
not a comparable subject to brawl.

compare it to a fighting game or something.

"more random people are attending this Street Fighter tournament so the number one player in the state is going to have a much rougher time making it to finals."
which we all know to be false. more randoms mean more free money. it sucks but. prodigys dont exist in video games.

also people have been playing basketball by its general rules for a most of their lifes. smash bros. rules change massively when the competition goes from casual to competitve.
"more characters are going to be viable, so bad match ups that didn't exist before will actually be seen, like Peach or ROB vs. Ice Climbers, so many Ice Climbers will have a much tougher time making it to finals."

My bad, I didn't realize you were so narrow sighted.
The problem wasn't that people weren't attending (although that's a LITTLE bit of it) it's that many characters were weeded out by Meta Knight. Thus people had the choice of stop using their character because Meta Knights were EVERYWHERE,
or use Meta Knight. Ryker did it. I had been picking him up a little on the side.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

more people attending tournaments does not make the game more competitive ryker.
metaknight was not broken. youre lame if you use that term and i am disegarding your entire post because the whole post is only exageratting metaknight.
is it hard to believe that some people like playing a character? or is EVERYONE just one of those whiny *****es "lol u only lyke 2 play with HimMB BECause hE iS XCCHEAAP!!"

mk was clearly the most advanced character in the game.
people prolly just dont want to use characters they dont have fun with. its not that they are quiting because they cant outgay people anymore kevin you are so annoying. say they ban every character you like in brawl, you arent going to keep going to tournaments if you enjoy no other characters. not everyone has multiple characters they enjoy. i enjoy playing with 2 characters. metaknight and ddd. why waste your time and money so you can not enjoy yourself to please other people?

cant believe ppl are stil QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQing over metaknights brokeness. stop mentioning it. stop making it the center of all of your posts
Please quote where I have EVER said you like to play him because he is cheap. I do NOT want you slinging mud at me like that because I go out of my way to avoid that. When Brawl came out, I was ****ing hype for PT and Meta Knight. He was that *****in' guy from Kirby with the Spanish accent. I wanted to play him and I enjoyed playing him. I don't believe I ever said you couldn't play him because you liked him. I do, however, remember saying that he needs to go because he's too good for this game and the data all supports it.

If you honestly don't get anything out of smash anymore, then don't play it. Simple as that. I don't put play Mortal Kombat because I think it's a ****ing terrible game. I don't play Arcade Edition because they took the only character I liked and nerfed him to the point that I no longer wanted to play him. Don't spend your time on things you don't like, but please don't try and argue with me that Meta Knight wasn't bannable "because people play him because they like him." **** that.

You disregard my post and say I exaggerate how MK is broken, but you don't correct me on anything. I have my **** straight on the subject. I know about why he's broken and the evidence to support my points. You just objectively say he isn't and don't concede points after sufficient evidence to the contrary has been provided. If you aren't able to back up your case, then you will never get anything done.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i forget why i multiquoted you

no. you continually making this about how mk was "broken" isnt of arguing is = youre bad at arguing.
i say MK is broken. You disagree. (as if there's one agreed upon definition of "broken". but i guess you get to pick what it means.)
somehow you are right and I am wrong even though it's a matter of opinion.
okay then.
i'll get back in this discussion when you have actual arguments rather than just talking about me personally. as ryker hinted at, honestly i don't think you've ever made one single counter argument to Mk being broken. you just say "omg stop saying he's broken. he's not. no need to say why. he's just not."

you speak as if, it's some kind of common knowledge that pro-ban people are 'biased', and MK is not "broken". but you realize you're in the minority opinion right? that in and of itself doesn't make you 'wrong' (especially since its mostly a matter of opinion), but you're speaking from some sort of made up authority and calling people out like they're stupid or somethign and I don't know why you think you're justified in doing that.

there has never in the history of my video gaming life been a game in which I ONLY had fun when playing ONE character. that is absolutely absurd. its even more absurd (and annoying) if that character is overpowered and basically easy mode. again, **** that. you're not a real fan of the game if that's the case and I don't really think the community loses anything if a person like that quits. its like if you got the cape in super mario world and then got hit and lost hte cape and then say **** THIS GAME I'M NOT PLAYING ANYMORE IF i CAN'T HAVE THE CAPE
its a ****in video game, it's not the civil rights movement. either you like brawl or you don't. i like brawl. if you banned every character I play I would still play the game. **** if you banned every character except lucas I would still play the game because i like the game. if you banned every character except lucas and banned every stage except brinstar. and made it stamina mode, i would make a frowny face but I would still play the game because I LIKE THE FRACKIN GAME

i dont think i believe that m2k is going to quit btw

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Even I enjoyed playing Dan in SFIV, but, tbh, I only enjoyed Ivan Ooze.

Also, Will only likes Lorelei in Pokemon Puzzle League and Cloyster is ****ing broken as **** and her Dewgong and Polywhirl are high tier as well.

Yes, Will, this is a call-out.

@T1J - The community loses something with every person who quits. I would hate to lose Slam, because he's pretty cool. It's a matter of whether or not the benefits outweigh the costs, and I think they do.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think slam is one of the most hardcore and dedicated smashers in our community. HE JUST MAD

i also think there are lots of ppl that only play this game to get easy local (or national, if you're m2k) wins with broken characters and have no intention of actually getting better or helping others get better. and good riddance to them if they want to quit imo

also, Lorelei FTW
CL-L-L-L-LOYSTERR

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude, I play MK. Wins are still not free. If that were the case, then I would have beaten Saint the last time we played and Slam would be destroying everyone. I've gotten some mileage out of him, but he's never beaten Cam, Saint, or Elev8 for me. The only win I've ever gotten off of him that was remotely close to free was when Ing CPed me to RCruise not knowing I had a pocket MK and I beat him there, but that **** wasn't even free. Player skill is still a large element and player skill can overcome any limitation. Don't take pot shots at players because it's an insult to Slam and an insult to me.

MK deserved a ban. The players don't deserve to be mistreated.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
players who only play MK because he's easy and broken, and only play brawl because there's access to an easy and broken character and otherwise don't really care about the game or its community (and i think people like this exist) have little respect from me as brawlers and are in my opinion hinderences to the development of this community. and I strongly suspect that anyone who would quit the game after a MK ban is probably one of these people. as I mentioned i don't think slam can be described like that I dont think you can either. i dont really see how you could construe me as referring to you or anyone else who clearly cares about getting better at the game.
that's how i feel about that though. take it or leave it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
name some players thta play mk because he is easy or broken then?

ally?, m2k?

dude i have made points and said what the term of "broken" means. it means breaking the game. the term is not objective! metaknight does not have a move that comes out on frame zero. he still uses the actual frames that were put into the game. he does not have a move that kills you at 20 percent. idk i could go on and on etc. etc. etc. that IS what broken means and youre just a scrub if you think otherwise.

"i BHVae No OPEr==j Repksttstt 4 MkK PLAyersz ACrosS Tbhe UNiVeRSe BEcAUASE HE iS a CheaPP CHaARaCRRWERETER lOOOOL HE IZ SoOO BROkeNN AndND AnyONe1 THatt USes HIm IS NOTtttttt SKilLEleedd at Braelllllw!!!"
^summed up your last 15 posts janitor.

it is not unreasonable to only like ONE SINGLE character enough to pay money to travel and go to tournaments to use that character. when i played wario i ONLY wanted to play wario. he was who i was "into learning" at that time. you would still enjoy losing like 50 dollars at every tournament if everyone got banned except for lucas and brinstar? i just dont believe you and i think your just riding your own **** on this one.

also you never once said anything about not referring to mk players in general or excluding me and ryker from your lolmk players. whcih doesnt really make sense to exclude me but ok whatever floats your boat and makes you feel like your points are more justified.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
"more characters are going to be viable, so bad match ups that didn't exist before will actually be seen, like Peach or ROB vs. Ice Climbers, so many Ice Climbers will have a much tougher time making it to finals."

The problem wasn't that people weren't attending (although that's a LITTLE bit of it) it's that many characters were weeded out by Meta Knight. Thus people had the choice of stop using their character because Meta Knights were EVERYWHERE,
or use Meta Knight. Ryker did it. I had been picking him up a little on the side.
what? metaknight isnt popping into random peach matches and tornadoing her to 200 percent randomly why is "mk is around" the reason why people dont play peach? thats absurd. i played wario despite having two local ddd's. it's the players fault if they dont want to play a character with a hard MU (which is everyone lol). not the good character's fault.

and kevin if mk is so easy to use and you have to have no SKilLLZZzz to use him then why didnt you just pick him up and go make 600 dollars at a regional or something? that was a dumb move on your part to never do that with your logic. just flat out dumb. free 600 dollars? ok i would have taken that.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
but you get where the exagerations come from, because almost everyone plays MK, the only thing worth discussing is how to beat him, this diminishes potential because players arent focusing on how to beat othet characters then get roflstomped by them because they dont know the matchup because all they play against or learn is playing with/against MK.
i dont think any notable player would only learn one MU and spend their whole lives hiding in fear from a top tier.
anything exagerated is wrong.
in that case, there is ALOT of wrong ideas about mk. (most of them being kevin's)
this is where my problem lies.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i still love how the majority of the drama bout this game is about MK. posting about MK on other forums the thing i hear most is "why didint they do this sooner"

now granted, MK is not broken, this is:

http://elsword.net/40135283445
(scroll down a bit to the video)

MK was just way better than everyone else. so to alot of ppl, thats all they felt like putting all their effort into; beating MK.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
what? metaknight isnt popping into random peach matches and tornadoing her to 200 percent randomly why is "mk is around" the reason why people dont play peach? thats absurd. i played wario despite having two local ddd's. it's the players fault if they dont want to play a character with a hard MU (which is everyone lol). not the good character's fault.
Meta Knight players are beating Peach players because that is a terrible Match Up.
Why don't you see top Peach players or top ROB players placing top 16 at national tournaments? Because they have to play their worst MU more than ANYTHING ELSE. You can't say ROB players like stingers and HolyNightmare are just "not as good". Because Holy is Ally's brother, lol. You can't say Drk.Pch or Illmatic are bad players. They aren't. They just have to (or had to) play a 65-35 MU GUARANTEED in a tournament.
99% guaranteed. In any competitive tournament, you are almost CERTAIN to run into a Meta Knight. Peach and ROB players had to hope that the MK didn't know the MU.

With Ice Climbers, I didn't have to really worry about a terribad MU except for Meta Knight. Which, IMO, is like 45-55 or 40-60. The reason for that is that all of my bad match ups are held back by MK. Peach and ROB **** on Ice Climbers if they know what they are doing. Pit beats them. All of those characters are going to actually make it past round two losers now, man. That makes the game more competitive. "What do you mean I have to learn a bad match up?!" Do you see my point now?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
"yay we can be noticed more noiw tHEE spots R OPennnn NooO More NOOBS GeTInG UnDeSerVED RESPK 4 UISng MK?>!!!!!!"
that since you cany play a clearly broken character with almost no weaknesses you all of a sudden hate the game. **** that. that's silly and obnoxious and you should have never joined this community to begin with if thats your mindset.
i disagree =/= you're bad at arguing
he does not brain wash people into playing him by coming to the people in their dreams and being like "look at me i ammmm broookkeennn" SOME PEOPLE LIKE THE CHARACTER AND HIS PLAYSTYLE GOD DAMN YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS
HE JUST MAD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Cheap, did you pick up my Camera from Matt's backseat?

Edit: Okay you do, would it be at any way possible (And the sooner the better) to drop that Camera and those shirts I accidentally left off at my place? Please and thank you

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
name some players thta play mk because he is easy or broken then?

ally?, m2k?
two good examples. i think ally would admit that. but i dont think ally is going to quit the game. and i dont know how much ally like this game, but i do know he cares about the community and he helps people both in person and on the boards from time to time.
m2k is a different story.
dude i have made points and said what the term of "broken" means. it means breaking the game. the term is not objective! metaknight does not have a move that comes out on frame zero. he still uses the actual frames that were put into the game. he does not have a move that kills you at 20 percent. idk i could go on and on etc. etc. etc. that IS what broken means and youre just a scrub if you think otherwise.

"i BHVae No OPEr==j Repksttstt 4 MkK PLAyersz ACrosS Tbhe UNiVeRSe BEcAUASE HE iS a CheaPP CHaARaCRRWERETER lOOOOL HE IZ SoOO BROkeNN AndND AnyONe1 THatt USes HIm IS NOTtttttt SKilLEleedd at Braelllllw!!!"
^summed up your last 15 posts janitor.

it is not unreasonable to only like ONE SINGLE character enough to pay money to travel and go to tournaments to use that character. when i played wario i ONLY wanted to play wario. he was who i was "into learning" at that time. you would still enjoy losing like 50 dollars at every tournament if everyone got banned except for lucas and brinstar? i just dont believe you and i think your just riding your own **** on this one.

also you never once said anything about not referring to mk players in general or excluding me and ryker from your lolmk players. whcih doesnt really make sense to exclude me but ok whatever floats your boat and makes you feel like your points are more justified.
all of this i disagree with.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well now would be a good time to drop the subject of mk AND NEVER BRING IT UP AGAIN
k alabama?
just pretend this ****ing character is dead because if i have to listen to one more ****** thing come out of yall's mouths i dont even know.

you guys arent ready to be talking about all this silly willy growwan up stuwwff yet except for like ryker he used logic and was pretty rational.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Meta Knight players are beating Peach players because that is a terrible Match Up.
Why don't you see top Peach players or top ROB players placing top 16 at national tournaments? Because they have to play their worst MU more than ANYTHING ELSE. You can't say ROB players like stingers and HolyNightmare are just "not as good". Because Holy is Ally's brother, lol. You can't say Drk.Pch or Illmatic are bad players. They aren't. They just have to (or had to) play a 65-35 MU GUARANTEED in a tournament.
99% guaranteed. In any competitive tournament, you are almost CERTAIN to run into a Meta Knight. Peach and ROB players had to hope that the MK didn't know the MU.

With Ice Climbers, I didn't have to really worry about a terribad MU except for Meta Knight. Which, IMO, is like 45-55 or 40-60. The reason for that is that all of my bad match ups are held back by MK. Peach and ROB **** on Ice Climbers if they know what they are doing. Pit beats them. All of those characters are going to actually make it past round two losers now, man. That makes the game more competitive. "What do you mean I have to learn a bad match up?!" Do you see my point now?
TOTAaaallYY AGgGREE :scared:

metaKNgnihbgttYY RuleSSS teEEHHH UNIVveRRSSSEE!!! GOOooDD PLAyersS lYke ROB ANd PEacH ArenTR GEtTTING The RESPEKT THEeyy DESssERvfe BEcaAAUSEE THeYY DooO NotTT KNOoW How To DEsTRoIOY TheEh DeEAaTh STTArr THAt IS WUR MEtaMNGIHT RULes TEeh UnIvErSE FrROmmmmm :(

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Cheap, did you pick up my Camera from Matt's backseat?

Edit: Okay you do, would it be at any way possible (And the sooner the better) to drop that Camera and those shirts I accidentally left off at my place? Please and thank you
Not in the next few days can I really go anywhere. I have 3 tests (physics, differential equations, chemistry) and some homework that I should have done during AWA. You can come by and get it if you like, I can either leave it in a box outside or tell my mother to give it to you when you come by.

And can you check your pockets for my SD card? It's missing, and I know it didnt leave the car because we were in it the whole time after we put stuff on it. So it's either still in the car or you accidentally walked out with it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
All right, I'll check my pockets. Did you check the door of the passenger side though?

I'll probably stop by your place tonight then, I totally forgot that my brother could take me there.

Edit: Checked the pockets, it isn't in there. Probably going to guarantee it fell under the seat next to his console or something.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
-insert hilarity-
Legitimately laughed at this post.

TOTAaaallYY AGgGREE :scared:

metaKNgnihbgttYY RuleSSS teEEHHH UNIVveRRSSSEE!!! GOOooDD PLAyersS lYke ROB ANd PEacH ArenTR GEtTTING The RESPEKT THEeyy DESssERvfe BEcaAAUSEE THeYY DooO NotTT KNOoW How To DEsTRoIOY TheEh DeEAaTh STTArr THAt IS WUR MEtaMNGIHT RULes TEeh UnIvErSE FrROmmmmm :(
I like how the post you had just posted said let's stop talking about him.
Tell me where I didn't use logic? And it isn't that they don't know how, it's that the match-up is bad.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think slam is the only one in this thread and one of the only ones in the entire community who doesn't agree that metaknight is overpowered. so lets just let him be the outcast and/or give him the benefit of the doubt that he's smarter than all of us about smash

Top Bottom