• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, the USPS is legally required to serve every American citizen. It must have some place close to you where you can send mail from.

However, if you really don't care about having pizza, then just pay me when you get here on the 29th. Anyone can sign up for ASL at tournaments, but like I said, only pre-registrants get free lunch at every event.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i dont care about the pizza ill make sure to tell the FBI that we are missing a post office.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I figured you'd have set up a paypal, but I guess you don't want to pay the fees.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
We set one up, but we'd rather not have a dollar it go into fees, so we try to get people to find another method of getting it to us if at all possible.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Also, someone get chad because I finally found the quote from Tactics I was telling him about:

""You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
plus i have no debit or credit card either :/ i have this weird pay-as-you-go card that doesnt work over the internet.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, someone get chad because I finally found the quote from Tactics I was telling him about:

""You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ezgWI1gKU

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
who wants to team at AUSUM

i forget that you are out of the way janitor. idk. i will have to think about it cuz i reaally hate that extra drive on the way back but i wanna take you though. so its up for debate but ill just take you i mean, i just worry about these issues, but in reality im pretty chill about it when it comes down to the day.

if you'd wanna ride with me i could take you. but i understand if youre not down to ride with me forreal you aint gotta front if ive been being a **** forreal and youre not up to chillin with someone who has been being a **** to you lol thats not like unreasonable of someone to not want to

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i would team with someone if i memorized their playstyle and we played on teams before, but hey if you find no one else id totally do it.

im also out of the way too x.x, but i dont mind donating gas to come get me aswell(i dont see you at school at all tho)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i know the rest of my school career is gonna be in theories 1-3 and using lab 4
paralegal is like cut off from the rest of the school i feel like lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
***** i dont give a **** about all that i'm just tryna play de gamez
none of the **** we say here matters really what matters is TAKIN STOCKS SON

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does anyone know how to team with a Diddy? I might actually play teams with MK banned
You get someone who can camp really well (Snake, Olimar, Falco) and/or someone who can deal massive damage with minimal effort (Snake, Olimar, Luigi).

With the former, get out your projectiles and stop people from approaching on the ground while your partner throws things around you.

With the latter, just support your partner by rolling around, throwing bananas, and using things like Forward-B.

There's no limit to what you can win!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ing, one of these days, we're gonna get teamed in random doubles. We'll CP Player 1 and Billy to RCruise. It'll be great.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i still need a partner for AUSUM

using luigi/d3/wario in no particular order.

rhan

Smash Hero
When's the next tourney or big *** fest that's going down in AL?
Hopefully Mobile cuz that's like the closest city from where I'm located.

Edit: Melee.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i felt broke tryna stunt when i didnt have it
but until i die i wont stop
i got 12 years of pain comin out my voice
an i got 8 inches of slang when that thang gits moist
money come money go
gotta be somethin deeper
every man got a destiny not all who make it matter

rhan

Smash Hero
Next tourney is on the 29th of October.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307745

Big *** smash fest in Alabama are non existent, especially with Zero_Gamer no longer living down here.
3hrs and 29m from where I'm located.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
About thattttt.

Maybe. Is there like a greyhound bus station near there? I'll consider it if that's the case.

Also don't I know you from somewhere outside of this site? I remember seeing that tag somewhere.

Edit: I also see that Melee is free... :[
Oh wellz.

rhan

Smash Hero
WOOOOOORD?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Not I just gotta see if I have a Duty day that weekend. Give me all the people's info n shyyytttttt! I'm so hype! It's been almost forever since I played someone else!

agahgahaghaghagahgahgah!

HYYYPE!

Just checked. No duty day. Once I talk to whoever is driving. I'll pretty much be confirmed.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm down for everything as long as it falls on a Saturday.
I have night classes and I gont get out of class until 12:30. Sometimes on Fridays we get out around 10 but it's all a matter on how good we do in class.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What are you doing on Sunday mornings? We change plans depending on who goes, but staying the night somewhere and getting up to leave in the morning saves some TIRED-*** shift driving.

rhan

Smash Hero
True true. Sunday nothing happens.
I just gotta be back on base by the time my class starts. Unless it's my duty day then I gotta be back around 6am.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
3hrs and 29m from where I'm located.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
About thattttt.

Maybe. Is there like a greyhound bus station near there? I'll consider it if that's the case.

Also don't I know you from somewhere outside of this site? I remember seeing that tag somewhere.

Edit: I also see that Melee is free... :[
Oh wellz.
Hmm the only places this signature should be at is
Anime Renders (I'm Kola there)
Brawl Friend Codes (I'm Chise there)
and BlacksunGFX (I'm Kola there)

if you saw it anywhere else, it was ripped :B

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i only watch NFL.
most people only watch college though especially in the south.
im out of luck when it comes to football discussions.

BUT WHO DEM BENGALS we are suppose to be having a rebuilding year and we are playing better than i have ever seen them play. i still think our record is gonna suck but we are looking better as a team and i think the bengals really got somethign going for them with their current lineup. not sayying we gonna ever make it past the first round of the playoffs. but at least we dont look like a high school football team anymore.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I like the Bengals, but the Saints are my team.

However, I am 100% behind Carolina as I want to see Cam prove wrong all the haters that said he couldn't make it in the NFL.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
carolina has really solid players. i dunno whats up with them doing so bad lol
didnt they play the saints last week? lolryker
i basically like the bengals and falcons because i feel like im obliged to like a team that doesnt like more than 2000 miles away too.

no but in all honesty ive always wanted to see a saints v. bengals superbowl.
but.... i dont really want to see the bengals in the superbowl. itd just be more painful to watch than exciting. but i guess we'll see where this season takes us. 1 more win on the road and taking our wins at home and i have full confidence in this young team.

i think the saints are capable of making a superbowl run this year imo.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, they played the Saints. Close game too. New Orleans drove it down the field and burned just enough time that Carolina couldn't get in field goal range to get it to overtime.

Saints are capable this year, but they've gotta be charmed. Tbh, there's no Superbowl set in stone this year. I couldn't even limit it down to two teams I bet money on at four to one odds. It's gonna come down to who has the season fall right.

I love John Cam and all he's accomplishing in the League as well.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I'm more interested in Pro-football than college. I prefer watching the top level of players compete, I believe it is less than 10% of college players that actually make it to the pros. I don't think there is any other way of viewing the NFL than teams comprised of the cream of the crop.
~Cincinnati~ Their early success is surprising when you consider that they are starting a rookie QB in Andy Dalton. However, they have a solid running game w/ Cedric Benson and have had a halfway descent defense for the last couple years. Cincinnati's early success is partly due to their easy schedule early. Their next two games are against a Colts team that hasn't won a game this year & the Seahawks who at 2-3 find themselves struggling to be competitive in the worst division in the NFL (NFC West). Cincinnati's biggest trouble will come in the 2nd half of their season when they have to play my team (the Pittsburgh Steelers) & the Baltimore Ravens 2xs each. Being in the same division as Baltimore and Pittsburgh is something that has plagued the Bengals for sometime. The AFC North among one of the toughest divisions to compete in because of Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
~As for the Saints~ I think they have a stellar offensive football team [I have Brees on my fantasy team :], but i think the Saints defense is decent at best. Their defensive troubles, coupled with the fact that they are a mediocre running team suggests to me that they are not a Super Bowl contender.
~Carolina~ Young team that I believe will have similar success to a team like the Lions in the next few years. Their defense is pretty tough, but I see their biggest problem being their underachieving running game. When Deangelo Williams was drafted, he was expected to be so much better. If the Panthers can find a way to run the ball with Williams and Stewart (who is a beast btw), Cam will find himself having an easier time & will stop turning the ball over so often. This team has a a lot of upside in the coming years.
~Super Bowl pick~ I believe the Baltimore Ravens are due for a Super Bowl appearance. This is a team that year in and year out always have a top 10 defense. They are healthy and look very strong early this year. Their QB Joe Flacco has improved in each of his first 3 years in the league. The Ravens have also made the playoffs in the first 3 years of Flacco's career. I expect Flacco to have a break through this year and lead the Ravens to a Super Bowl victory.
~Who will lose the Super Bowl~ I expect the Green Bay Packers to make it back to the Super Bowl. They have easily the best offense in the league and won the Super Bowl last year, despite several key injuries. The Packers are healthy, and look just as good as they did when they won last year in the Super Bowl. With the Packers making the Super Bowl, we will have another Super Bowl where a great defense meets a great offense. Historically in those Super Bowls, the defensive team usually comes out on top (Super Bowl 37 & 42).
I'm all about some football shawwwwwwwwwty

G. Vice

Smash Lord
All of you Alabama people have an amazing team year in and year out, and you like pro-football more.

I would kill to have Nick Sabin magic in my state.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
college football is wayyy more entertaining than nfl. but nfl is just a better more polished sport.

Sort of how Kanye West is more entertaining than Talib Kweli even though Talib Kweli is clearly a much better rapper.

Top Bottom