• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
@raf i agree, the ravens have one of the most solid franchises in the nfl in the last ten years or so.
i cant say for sure theyll be in the superbowl but i definately agree they are probably the most solid franchise to date.
in the past, cinnci has pulled off some upsets against the steelers :) so i just have my fingers crossed for those games. we are young and eager this year, something we have not been for as long as i can remember. as the season progresses i think we actually will too, instead of getting burned out halfway through the season with our washed out roster. so by the time those hard games come i think we will be ready couldnt have asked for a better schedule with a young team than what we got and i think our schedule will lead us into the playoffs. who knows where it goes from there. it all about the attitude with the bengals and we finally have a good one, coupled with a solid team. WHO DEM BENGALS

im all about some NFL too raf

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey...Anyone here live in the Birmingham area?

I have a flight at 6:55 AM (Central Time) tomorrow, and my housing/transporation bailed on me at the last second. Would anyone be able to house me and/or drive me to the airport at around 5 AM?

I'll pay gas, of course, and I'll hang out with you tonight, unless you want me to leave you alone, in which case I can totally do that, instead. :)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I would totally offer up my (parent's) place if I were in Alabama. Unfortunately it would be creepy for me to do that now.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah im in nawlins reflex dats why i aint offer.
hope you were able to get your trip going or w/e

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Been playing Yu-gi-oh on duelingnetwork.com. I'm having fun learning the meta game and just how unviable my Toons are and relishing every time I land an attack with my Toon Dark Magician Girl. I mean, I HAVE viable decks, but it's so much more watching people freak the **** out when they see me playing a deck that isn't even known enough to register on a tier list.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
3hrs and 29m from where I'm located.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
About thattttt.

Maybe. Is there like a greyhound bus station near there? I'll consider it if that's the case.

Also don't I know you from somewhere outside of this site? I remember seeing that tag somewhere.

Edit: I also see that Melee is free... :[
Oh wellz.
It's 4.5 hours from Huntsville and around 3.5 hours from Tuscaloosa.

If you want to go to Alabama tourneys get used to it, the decision makers live around Auburn and want a short travel distance.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
It's 4.5 hours from Huntsville and around 3.5 hours from Tuscaloosa.

If you want to go to Alabama tourneys get used to it, the decision makers live around Auburn and want a short travel distance.
I disagree. I think Alabama tournaments are pretty spread out. Here's a look at our season 1 tournaments on the state map.

And here's a look at our season 2 plans.

Also, it's important to recognize that the key decision makers live all around Alabama. There are TOs from Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Mobile, Birmingham, Phenix City, and Huntsville involved in planning state tournaments.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
BAKA BAKA

HEY guys I have sort of weird question. Can you suggest an action/fighting oriented anime that has very simplistic and minimal animation, but it still visibly interesting. basically an anime that is very good at using animation 'shortcuts' to make the illusion of movement. I want to study it as a reference for a flash anime I want to create

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dont even try to act like those mobile tournaments count for anything cam.
i mean im sorry i wish they were viable but they just arent.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
every anime does that lol.

i forgot its name, but you could go with any 70-90's Samurai anime.

edit: Ninja Scroll and Sword of the Stranger
anime is known for having simplistic animation but a some of them are more minimal than others. ninja scroll is a good example. for example something that I am not looking for is like naruto or samurai champloo

*Cam*

Smash Lord
dont even try to act like those mobile tournaments count for anything cam.
i mean im sorry i wish they were viable but they just arent.
Well, at the very least I'm taking the Auburn crew down to Mobile and Ryan is taking the Tuscaloosa crew down. You should be more positive about it. I always have a lot of fun at Resist, and I think the next one is going to have much better attendance than the last few.

EDIT: Actually, it's Dec 17, so I guess I'll be taking the Madison crew down since I'll be home for winter break.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ok i mean im jus sayin they never have in the past like ever. i like the scene down there though.
if the next one has better attendance then ill be going to it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

We've had high attendance before, thanks a lot. Over 25 for Resist I and 30ish for Show Me Ya Moves waaaaaaay back when.

Besides, Slam, even not counting the Mobile tournament, you still have one in Tuscaloosa, one in Huntsville, and two in Fenix City, so what are you even complaining about?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ok my bad for saying something about a tournament. im just saying that if they continue down the path theyre going then it looks bad and it looks like daphne is in a bad location thats like all im saying here im not trying to like diss someone or something.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Slam, like everything else you say, you don't explain why. I don't even get what you were trying to accomplish with your original statement.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, there was, but what I don't get is the point. It's not what is Slam referring to, but WHY is Slam referring to it.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Wasn't there a Resist that had like 9 entrants. I'm sure it just fell on a bad day, but I think that's what slam is referring to.
Yeah, but I don't see why the turnout affects the results at all.
PR members still attended, and played each other. Me, Slam, and Rag.
My tournament match with Slam in this tournament should count just as the one at HASL did. (Except Slam could've beat me if he hadn't lost his temper. No seriously. RC on game 3. SLAM YOU COULD'VE WON. ): ) Rag and Slam's match should count. Rag and I played 3 sets over the course of this tournament, which provides a LOT of PR experience.
The only thing the turnout did is affect who WON the tournament. If Reflex/Billy/M2K/Elev8/anyone who finally learns to fight Ice Climbers and beats me had been there, then I might not have won. That's all.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Uhh I think you've got the wrong idea Saint, I'm sure not one person was trying to discredit your tournament performance. Hows about you step off of that high horse for a moment and try and think what was said through.

It's just that Resist just normally has pretty "meh" turnouts. However, because people have this mindset that if they do go to a Mobile tournament that not many will attend, it makes us believe that the trip will be of gas money and time and it doesn't really help it's hype at all.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
It's just that Resist just normally has pretty "meh" turnouts. However, because people have this mindset that if they do go to a Mobile tournament that not many will attend, it makes us believe that the trip will be of gas money and time and it doesn't really help it's hype at all.
^
yeah this is all im saying..
its just got bad stuff going for it atm, but i sincerly do hope that the turnout gets better and all that stuff. im still gonna go regardless and support it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Wasn't there a Resist that had like 9 entrants. I'm sure it just fell on a bad day, but I think that's what slam is referring to.
also this ^

i wish i EVER felt like explaining myself. too much dgaf in my head ryker. too much of that ****.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey guys, long time no see.

Just so you know, MSU is having a smash tournament on the 29th (brawl and melee). I'll be making the thread in a minute, but I figured I'd drop that info off sooner rather than later.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Auburn is having a tournament on the 29th of October. So I assume this would be on....November?

Winnar

Smash Lord
There will be others, and next time I won't be dumb and check smashboards before scheduling stuff.

Oh well, have fun at Auburn O:

Top Bottom