• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Lol if i say anything negative to you Kola you know I'm joking right?

Edit: If I'm playing with yall on lol and I blame you its always a joke. I try to blame the only person who couldnt possible help me just to see how they react. Like if Kola is Sona we we rush in and save him and i shout Y U NO HELP I'm joking. If I'm serious I'll type it correctly.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
50-50 vs. Falco? It may be 45-55, but if it is, I don't believe it.
Situational but guaranteed CG to spike that KILLS Falco.
Tools to **** at the perfect range from Falco that's outside of jab and f-tilt but too close for laser game.
He ***** Falco when edgeguarding off as simple a read as reading a phantasm. (Jab cancels it and then you have to use up-b...)
Dancing Blade is a fairly good jab at close quarters. (Of course, Falco is better in close quarters.)

Falco has to be frame perfect to CG Marth, but the plus side is d-smash and f-tilt send Marth at an awkward angle. Other than that, all Falco has is his camp game, and extremely close quarters.

It's easier for Marth to keep Falco at tipper range than it is for Falco to be camp range, or to be inside Marth's range.

60-40 Marth. Maybe 55-45.

Either way, Marth has an advantage.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Situational but guaranteed CG to spike that KILLS Falco.
You EVER get hit with that, it's your fault.

Tools to **** at the perfect range from Falco that's outside of jab and f-tilt but too close for laser game.
You let him play in that zone, it's your fault.

He ***** Falco when edgeguarding off as simple a read as reading a phantasm. (Jab cancels it and then you have to use up-b...)
Who doesn't?

Dancing Blade is a fairly good jab at close quarters. (Of course, Falco is better in close quarters.)
Worst case scenario, it's a reset.

Falco has to be frame perfect to CG Marth, but the plus side is d-smash and f-tilt send Marth at an awkward angle. Other than that, all Falco has is his camp game, and extremely close quarters.
Being frame perfect isn't a negative and those other two are much easier to set up than Marth's perfect spacing.

It's easier for Marth to keep Falco at tipper range than it is for Falco to be camp range, or to be inside Marth's range.
Disagree.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol saint always claims all his characters have horrible MU's and you have to be frame perfect to do every cg though.

but falco's cg is just easy on everyone he can cg. if anything, d3's cg on marth is harder, but that's not even hard. the only cg i would assume that frames are even that important in is ic's.
i just dont see how anyone can complain about the tech skill required to perform a falco cg in brawl lol.

also **** this marth girl, im sticking to my guns and maining wolf. end of story. im not changing. ill use marth for d3 though bc f that MU

also flaco has the best camp game in brawl other than diddy possibly.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Play vs more MK slam. And there are some fram perfect CGs and Marth from Falco is one of them.

And when you know your character you know how bad they are. That's why I don't beleive Diddy is #2.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
lol saint always claims all his characters have horrible MU's and you have to be frame perfect to do every cg though.

but falco's cg is just easy on everyone he can cg. if anything, d3's cg on marth is harder, but that's not even hard. the only cg i would assume that frames are even that important in is ic's.
i just dont see how anyone can complain about the tech skill required to perform a falco cg in brawl lol.

also **** this marth girl, im sticking to my guns and maining wolf. end of story. im not changing. ill use marth for d3 though bc f that MU

also flaco has the best camp game in brawl other than diddy possibly.
Lol if you don't buffer the grab (technically you have 10 frames to input a boost grab.) he dolphin slashes. Same concept with D3.

Try it! I realize that Falco has an easy time CGing everyone, but Marth is probably the one exception. Unless another character has a frame 1 invincibility move.
Not necessarily super tech skill, and once you practice, it's not HARD, but if you do mess up, it's damage Falco needs on Marth.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Lol if you don't buffer the grab (technically you have 10 frames to input a boost grab.) he dolphin slashes. Same concept with D3.

Try it! I realize that Falco has an easy time CGing everyone, but Marth is probably the one exception. Unless another character has a frame 1 invincibility move.
Not necessarily super tech skill, and once you practice, it's not HARD, but if you do mess up, it's damage Falco needs on Marth.
Fox is definitely frame one, pretty sure Bowser and Wolf are too. I think it's a combination of the knockback and the frame one option or something.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Fox is definitely frame one, pretty sure Bowser and Wolf are too. I think it's a combination of the knockback and the frame one option or something.
Yeah, it's the weight and floatiness factor as well.
Fox definitely goes like zero distance. Wolf as well. Bowser definitely is just super heavy.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Whaaaaaaat. I thought you had seen it already?

I'm watching Princess Tutu, but I have the problem of strongly preferring to watch anime at night, but that's when everyone is home. I have no privacy :/

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh yeah i forgot about marth's up b canceling out the entire game lol

yeah i know mahg, i remember never believing wario was number 3 when he was.
i think wolf is gonna be terribad. like wolf is god awful im pretty sure. but whatever. he's still fresh to me at this point.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think Wolf is a very strong character. I just think he loses to all the gay gimmicks that make certain characters so godlike. I think Reflex said the same thing.

One thing's for sure, he effing ***** me.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
im catching up to this o3o.

also just finished Star Driver.well....coulda been better o3o. maybe instead of 24 episodes of 1 shotting the enemy and 1 episode of getting beat up completly and then having a true final battle that kinda remimded me of Eureka Seven....know what? it needed more E7 style of storytelling and whatnot and it woulda been way better, like halfway through they coulda had all 4 seals broken and fought in the real world. -.-

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I think Wolf is a very strong character. I just think he loses to all the gay gimmicks that make certain characters so godlike. I think Reflex said the same thing.

One thing's for sure, he effing ***** me.
that's pretty much the same thing for all mid tier characters. They're all really good, just not broken, and thus barely viable lol

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Anyone in b'ham want to go to that Auburn smashfest? (mobile and others are coming).

Cam, is it going to be a tournament?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I read someone's behind the scenes post about the 'reasonings' behind the short notice MK ban.

I had a long post, but decided against it. Instead I'll say how incredibly disappointed I am to see how the decision was influenced by selfish reasons. i.e. "This is how I like to play the game." I can see that many had good, informed reasons for making their decisions, but the influence of personal preference is too pervasive to ignore.

I don't doubt that the ASL was set up to drive forward the Bama smash community. I don't doubt that Cam has put a lot of work into it. But it's also clear that a significant amount of the deciding body made their decision behind the ASL community shield, and just want to play the game how they, personally, prefer. I'm fine with the group making a decision I do not agree with, I am not fine when those decisions are not being decided fairly.

So I'm gonna withdraw my support to the ASL and boycott the tourneys until something changes.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
That seems oddly uncalled for. But it's your decision and seeing as I am by no means in your head I have no right to really say what you're doing is dumb or something.

Also, what does one do to like become a regional zone mod? Or a mod period? lol

Top Bottom