• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I believe I shall narrow my characters down to my favorite three cause I believe that having five is too many to try and focus on at one time. So Moogle you can take off DK and Samus for me.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont know if I said this already, but I think my final list of mains (for now) is Snake, Diddy, and R.O.B.
Make it happen moogle.

also I think I'm going all metaknight in pools from now on :-D

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Let's all change our mains to Meta Knight.

For without Meta Knight, what is brawl really about?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The 'discovery' of planking gives it more credit than it's worth.

It's like discovering that you can shove poop in someone's mouth.

Sure, nobody thought of it before. But you're shoving poop in people's mouths.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
HEY GUYS, I FOUND THIS GREAT NEW TACTIC FOR UFC!

What is it, munkus?

I TAKE A DUMP IN THE RING AND SHOVE MY POOP IN HIS MOUTH

What? That doesn't sound...

IT IS A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY!

We are not letting you turn UFC into Poop to Mouth Championship, Munkus.

HeKn_402

Smash Rookie
>_>

Dude. I live in Phenix City.

Come play with me and my older brother. The only disappointment you may have as a result is in yourself. <3

Seriously, though; I'm always looking for new players. It'd be nice to see you.
That'd be cool!! I just need to get a battery put on my car and all that good stuff!!

Oh! and what side of phenix city do you live on, or what buildings/ neighborhoods and whatnot are you around/in?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
but I dont think you can argue that poop-shoving would change the UFC-metagame forever
and probably make it less interesting.

@ cheap when can people come over to play
also, do you have the ability to record matches?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I don't care how many giraffes you can bench or how many steroid shakes you gargle, if a guy comes at you with a gob of poo in his hand you close your mouth and run away.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
@ cheap when can people come over to play
also, do you have the ability to record matches?
((not cheap obviously, but...))

I think he posted a few pages back that people were just coming over whenever. I'm leaving Tuscaloosa rite nao, so he better be ready when I arrive.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
which is the difference between poop throwing and planking.

The definition of planking is vague, and you can't ban ledge-camping, so you can't really ban planking without creating some really random, ridiculous rule like "you have to check how many times you grabbed the ledge at the end of the match. If its 69 you win, if its 70 you lose."

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Janitor, you put the number to such a level that it is only possible to reach by planking. Yes, it is an arbitrary line that is drawn in the sand. But the point is that you shouldn't be anywhere near the line in the first place.

Arbitrary lines are drawn all the time. It's the way the world works. Saying that you're not going to ban planking because it is ambiguous is a cop-out. You are deciding to allow a tactic that negatively alters gameplay by altering the basic mechanics of how the game is played.

Let me put it this way. Let's just say that all 20 dollar bills in America contain some amount of cocaine due to drug dealers using them to snort cocaine and using them in transactions with cocaine. Let's say that it's a negligible amount, but it will still show up on any police scan for cocaine. So, in order to ban cocaine possession, a law is passed saying that any amount of cocaine over 1 gram is considered to be possession of cocaine. Yes, it is distinctly arbitrary. But the only people who would meet the standard are those that are explicitly breaking the law in the first place.

In short: The rule is such that it catches the majority of the offenders and none of the innocents. It is the very definition of a just rule.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
The problem with that is that people who like to plank are going to do their best to reach the threshhold without going over the legal limit. Entire strategies will probably be formed around reaching no more than 69 ledge grabs. That's the entire problem with arbitrary numerical rules.

but i dont really honestly care that much. I should just ban "not having fun" at tournaments. That should take care of it.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Hell, if they want to waste their time so that they hit exactly 69 ledge grabs, they can do that.

They won't though, because it's impossible to take into account.

EVEN IF they could and EVEN IF they could grab the ledge EXACTLY 69 times in EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY MATCH THEY EVER PLAYED ON THE HISTORY OF GOD'S GREEN EARTH

It would still be better than planking.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That'd be cool!! I just need to get a battery put on my car and all that good stuff!!

Oh! and what side of phenix city do you live on, or what buildings/ neighborhoods and whatnot are you around/in?
Off of Highway 80; the neighborhood is Hickory Bend. If you know where the Zeb's is around there, you're a couple minutes from my house.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
lol, im ready for anyone. I also have a pizza if anyone wants some. Bring a wii or gc if you want. I have 2 tvs but only one set-up.

HeKn_402

Smash Rookie
Off of Highway 80; the neighborhood is Hickory Bend. If you know where the Zeb's is around there, you're a couple minutes from my house.
Cool! I stay in the apartments near south girard (with moms for now). Once i get my car situated and everything ill let ya know whats up! Until then we can do some online matches!
I'm gonna go ahead and put you on my brawl roster (if you dont mind that is).

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure he's just yanking your chain, sleepy's a nice guy in person.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Another rule I saw being talked about was as follows:

A player can't grab the ledge more than 5 times in a row without touching the ground unless the opponent is off the edge of the stage himself. Grabbing the ledge 6 or more times without touching the ground while the opponent is on the stage results in the loss of one stock.

It wasn't my idea, just figured I'd throw it out there. I believe it's being used in regions of other countries, go look it up.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Make sure you specify that you're complimenting the other guy's rule, and not me in any way.

We dont need this thread getting killed like Winnar recklessly did to the TCS IV thread, and like what happened to the Official Sonic Boards Thread.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
KALM MADE UP SUCH A GOOD RULE! lol praising kalm completely shuts down all alabama smash.

i think the rule is called "Puerto Rico's Stupid Rule" or something weird.
**** puerto ricans...

and dont feel bad about sonic. the wario boards havent been active in MONTHS, other than people posting pictures of wario farting on things...

reflex, you only live an hour away from me. jussayinnnnnnnnnng. :D

and hell yes, americas best dance crew finaly made a good choice of elimination.

lol i have 5 topics in this post.

Top Bottom