• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm thinking about secondarying Wolf now. The Tallahassee tournament seems to tell me that I can't fight campers. I think Wolf would give me a fighting chance without getting incredibly bored.
Wolf is a solid character overall, but he has trouble KOing for a lot of people. Most Wolfs find that saving Dsmash for 100% or so is a good way the best way to get a good kill off, but if it doesn't kill then you're in trouble. Bair is a good killer, but it's also his best spammable aerial so it will often stay stale if you don't work around that too.

Also, make sure you look into the whole "dash through the stage and ignore the ledge" completely thing. It's pretty awesome.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://www.amazon.com/Hold-Your-Colour-reissue-Pendulum/dp/B000RP2CFE/[/URL]
My bro has it. It's great.

How can you guys not be talking about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash game? It's by the same guys as Brawl minus Sakurai and plus Team Ninja developers, and they've admitted that they're trying to make it deeper than Brawl. And much better online play. There's no way this can end up being bad. It will be better than Brawl and Tournament Fighters combined.
Is it for Wii?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Is it for Wii?
Yes.
10 Wiis.

Edit: I've actually heard something about Classic controller or a more complex control scheme (no motion controls). Wouldn't be surprised if Gamecube controls sneak their way in somehow.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
my eyes are now bleeding, gentlemen. thank you.
...I am now having my little brother test-watch any link you guys post to YT. There isn't a ">_>" face big enough to convey my feelings of the first vid.

I'll look into the scholarship stuff and other stuff about credit transfer to see if I can stay. And I'll probably just go to Andy's smashfest on my bday because I'm lazy and I don't want to make you guys drive all the way to my house.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
...I am now having my little brother test-watch any link you guys post to YT. There isn't a ">_>" face big enough to convey my feelings of the first vid.

I'll look into the scholarship stuff and other stuff about credit transfer to see if I can stay. And I'll probably just go to Andy's smashfest on my bday because I'm lazy and I don't want to make you guys drive all the way to my house.
i'm sure we wouldn't mind going the few extra miles for your birthday, man. either way, though, your bday's gonna rock! Smash Shots!!!!!!:laugh: ...well maybe not.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lol thanks majist. Playing smash with my friends sounds like one hell of birthday to me.

Do you play online often, Will_?

Brawl that is...
I used to before I actually started going to tournaments. Now it's just requests, and I only play non-main characters(anyone but MK, DK or Ness).

And if anyone from Huntsville is going to Waba, I'd definitely like to come along.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
How can you guys not be talking about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash game? It's by the same guys as Brawl minus Sakurai and plus Team Ninja developers, and they've admitted that they're trying to make it deeper than Brawl. And much better online play. There's no way this can end up being bad. It will be better than Brawl and Tournament Fighters combined.
won't it be kind of boring cause all the characters are the same? Turtle, turtle, turtle, ooh the rat!, turtle...

just sayin..

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
pops you clearly didn't watch tmnt show or films when you you were younger.

here is a non-exclusive list of non turtle characters:

shredder
splinter
casey jones
the rat king
bebop
rocksteady
leatherhead
baxter
crang
april
tokka
rahzar
and of course the foot soldiers

so yeah there are plenty of characters

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Edit: This is Cheap on my brother's account -_- forgot to log in on my own
im going to have to give up peach in brawl, its just screwing over my melee peach too much. Any ideas on a fun character? I still haven't tried everyone, so idk.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
im going to have to give up peach in brawl, its just screwing over my melee peach too much. Any ideas on a fun character? I still haven't tried everyone, so idk.
We're lacking in Ness mains. I'd give him a shot. :)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Joke?

Just keep playing with different characters until you find someone you're comfortable with.
yes, lol.

I'm being completely serious when I say this, but we need more MK players. I think that's why I'm so awful at the matchup- I don't get to fight him ever... :ohwell:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
pops you clearly didn't watch tmnt show or films when you you were younger.

here is a non-exclusive list of non turtle characters:

shredder
splinter
casey jones
the rat king
bebop
rocksteady
leatherhead
baxter
crang
april
tokka
rahzar
and of course the foot soldiers

so yeah there are plenty of characters
Pretty sure they would not use the surfer 90s version, so that means half that list is out (namely Krang, Bebopy, Rocksteady, and probably tonkha and Rahzar).

I would bet on the Triceradons to show up, Rat-king, Casey Jones, that Ninja chick, etc. etc.

TMNT has a ****ton of characters.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
ZSS! She's hawt. And just because of that combo vid I just watched.

...or Captain Falcon. Lord knows he needs some lovin'.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i see all of your creepy weeaboo nonsense and raise aSHUT THE F*CK UP

and guys, did NO ONE watch that friggin' awesome melee vid i posted??? NO ONE??? I'm sorely disappointed in all of you *glares at j00t*

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Ouch... My Pride.

Anyways... of course i watched the vid and it was crazy XP. The C. Falcon part was insane, i swear Falcon players always amaze me with something everytime.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I've raptor boost -> grab'd, techchase knee'd, grabbed spacies out of illusions, and even dthrow -> dropzone knee'd off the ledge, but never all in one combo or anywhere near that smoothly. SS is unbelievable.

Sensai

Smash Master
Majist...that video was AMAZING.

Wow. I can't believe I'm excited about something related to Smash again. :-D

You made my day.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Thanks for educating me T1J.. that hypes me up about this game then. Could be pretty cool!

I'm younger than all you guys, you have to forgive me. I only played the TMNT arcade game at a chuck E. cheese, it was all turtles.

As for main selection, here is my personal fun tier list:

Ivysaur
Zelda
Luigi
Toon Link
Lucario
Squirtle
Ness
Kirby
.. some other people

Would the rat be in this TMNT game? I liked the rat

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Would the rat be in this TMNT game? I liked the rat
It would be silly for Master Splinter to not be a playable character. He's kind of a big deal. I think April would make more sense to have as a character to navigate through the menu.

Top Bottom