• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I think we should institute Shannon's idea next time I'm in Huntsville (just after Christmas). I would prefer teams to FFA. That would require adjusting the rules a bit for who takes a shot (both players on winning team, player lasting the longest or with the most kills on the winning team, anyone playing Sheik, etc.).

Edit: Will, you should sell a kidney to pay for tuition (unless it's really expensive at UAH, then you might have to sell a testicle - but it's worth it for the smash...maybe).

Edit 2 - Electric Boogaloo: I didn't realize half the posts on this page were about kidney removal when I posted my edit. That's a little unsettling.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I like my kidneys and I like AL smash ;_;

It's not official yet, so I'm crossing my fingers and stuff.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
There's a billion and a half scholarships for the financially needy out there just for the taking. Look into it!

But as a side note, I'll mark my calendar on the 20th for Smash if there's a convoy going to H-town. I haven't smashed in aaaaages! And I'm finally out on school break!
ハンツビールへ行くなら、一緒に行きませんか。

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Andy, I think I left my copy of brawl at your place. Could you check?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
according to the birmingham news, huntsville is the best city in alabama to raise your kids

also moogle, i need to update my characters yet again. change me to Diddy, Snake, Kirby, and Link

you ness players should kill with up-air more often. its a beast.

due to positive feedback i will probably have a $5 low tier tournament at my next tournament which will be at some point in January. I'll probably run it at the same time as Brawl pools.

the locals arent familiar with low tier tournaments so hopefully they wont get confused
LOL WATE I CANT UZE IKE!!!111 BUT HEZ SO SKRONG

also, if the majority demands it, i'll unban luigi's mansion. *shudders* apparently I'm the only person who thinks it should be banned
will wtf i've played you like 3 times total or something you cant move yet i need to start making it further in brackets so I can fight you, iguess that means moar snake

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Someone coming to Anomaly's house needs to bring a memory card if there will be any melee, no need for a disk though. Also, we should set a time? =D

Edit: Also good to see another tourny is coming soon T1J

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
due to positive feedback i will probably have a $5 low tier tournament at my next tournament which will be at some point in January. I'll probably run it at the same time as Brawl pools.
yay!

also, if the majority demands it, i'll unban luigi's mansion. *shudders* apparently I'm the only person who thinks it should be banned
double yay!

moogle

Smash Ace
And you guys might have to take me off the AL power rankings soon. I'm most likely moving back to GA for school. ;_;
:mad:

Hey Andy, I think I left my copy of brawl at your place. Could you check?
Yes.. I have a pile of 3 Brawl discs at my apartment when there should be only 2. (in b4 0)

also moogle, i need to update my characters yet again. change me to Diddy, Snake, Kirby, and Link
okie.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Will_ what's wrong with UAH? other than the fact it's HARD AS BALLS...... I go to UAH!! Look how I'm turning out!!:psycho:

edit: seriously though. If you could stay in Huntsville rather than go to Scrubvil--er, Georgia, wouldn't that be easier? Or is this a matter of preference?

I swear, you'd better not leave us!!!! What if your car breaks down, huh? You won't have me around to save you!!!! Think about it! Stay in Huntsville to save your life!!!!

i'm way too bored right now...

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
k, the only thing I'm any good at is katakana, but "hantsupiiruhe?"
It's Hantsubiiru. The he looks the same in katakana and hiragana, and it's actually a particle in this case (but pronounced e instead of he). And you mistook the ten-ten for the circle deely. Good though, I never learned the kana til' I actually went to class. Reading katakana is a good skill to have for any gamer.

Looks like Saturday is going to be another relatively big smashfest. I must say, I'm thoroughly pumped.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ George the Plushie (or whoever messaged me on Steam): I am currently in Sewanee, at school. I will definitely play when I get down there, though.

:-D

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
ハンツビールはいいですよ.
ちょっと、バミングハムの方がハンツビールより面白いですが、バミングハムの中でスマブラをする人が多くじゃありません。ざーんーねーんですねぇ~

If anyone gets the reference hidden there, I'll love you forever. If not, then T-O-O B-A-D!

(Okay, now I'll contribute to the thread)
I really wished ZSS was low tier. This video is just giving me all sorts of evil ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfN5ohYZ_yk&NR=1

j00t

Smash Champion

If anyone gets the reference hidden there, I'll love you forever. If not, then T-O-O B-A-D!

I really wished ZSS was low tier. This video is just giving me all sorts of evil ideas.
Eh, the music was great.

moogle

Smash Ace

I haven't touched Japanese in years, and I wasn't good to start with. Took me about 20 minutes to translate... without babelfish :x

my best attempt: "Well, Birmingham is more fun than Huntsville, but Birmingham doesn't have many people who play Smash." I have no idea what ざーんーねーん is. I'm very familiar with スマブラ.

p.s. everyone should obtain this album, by any means: http://www.amazon.com/Hold-Your-Colour-reissue-Pendulum/dp/B000RP2CFE/

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I haven't touched Japanese in years, and I wasn't good to start with. Took me about 20 minutes to translate... without babelfish :x

my best attempt: "Well, Birmingham is more fun than Huntsville, but Birmingham doesn't have many people who play Smash." I have no idea what ざーんーねーん is. I'm very familiar with スマブラ.

p.s. everyone should obtain this album, by any means: http://www.amazon.com/Hold-Your-Colour-reissue-Pendulum/dp/B000RP2CFE/
Your translation there is fine as far as my 201 certified-self can judge. 残念(ざんねん) = unfortunate. I oddly punctuated it because in Earthbound, whenever you ask your mother to cook [your favorite food] with Pokey in your party at the beginning of the game, she says "Oh, you don't like [you favorite food], Pokey? That's T-O-O B-A-D." Or, in the Japanese version, "ざーんーねーん"

... the joke's less funny when you have to explain it -_-

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
How can you guys not be talking about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash game? It's by the same guys as Brawl minus Sakurai and plus Team Ninja developers, and they've admitted that they're trying to make it deeper than Brawl. And much better online play. There's no way this can end up being bad. It will be better than Brawl and Tournament Fighters combined.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
^^^TMNT is cool and all, but I think they could have picked a better franchise, like Final Fantasy or something (cliche, i know, but it WOULD be cool)

There's a Japanese game for the Gamecube that's a lot like Smash Bros. with the Dragon Ball Z and Naruto characters. I can't remember what it's called....

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if this tmnt game is indeed the same set up at smash, ie side scrolling fighter with attack, special, shield and jump then i'm excited. I can't help but think they're going to change the format and make the game like powerstone or something

but I look forward to ****** face with casey jones

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm thinking about secondarying Wolf now. The Tallahassee tournament seems to tell me that I can't fight campers. I think Wolf would give me a fighting chance without getting incredibly bored.

Top Bottom