• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if peach can be a character, april can definitely be a character, i bet april ends up being high tier and splinter ends up being low tier

i would like to go to dml's thing, but that would require someone driving there from birmingham and me riding with them on a day that I'm free. if that happens then i am definitely down

cheap, what kind of character do you want.
you play peach in melee, so I'm guessing you want to play an overpowered character with an insane recovery and ridiculous edguarding skills.

so

i suggest metaknight :-D

j00t

Smash Champion
if peach can be a character, april can definitely be a character, i bet april ends up being high tier and splinter ends up being low tier

i would like to go to dml's thing, but that would require someone driving there from birmingham and me riding with them on a day that I'm free. if that happens then i am definitely down

you play peach in melee, so I'm guessing you want to play an overpowered character with an insane recovery and ridiculous edguarding skills.

so

>_>

I hope you aren't suggesting that Peach is overpowered in Melee.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
>_>

I hope you aren't suggesting that Peach is overpowered in Melee.
She isn't by default. You have to make a special controller mod that not all people know about to make her overpowered.

What you need:
Scotch tape

Step 1: Tear off a piece of tape. A length of about 1 inch is acceptable.
Step 2: Push and hold the c-stick directly down.
Step 3: Apply tape.

There you have it. Your peach is now unbeatable.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh man i havent been online in a couple days

She isn't by default. You have to make a special controller mod that not all people know about to make her overpowered.

What you need:
Scotch tape

Step 1: Tear off a piece of tape. A length of about 1 inch is acceptable.
Step 2: Push and hold the c-stick directly down.
Step 3: Apply tape.

There you have it. Your peach is now unbeatable.
strangeee.... this also works for metaknight, except you just ductape down the b button. and occasionally you have to get REAL technical and mash the joystick up.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Two things:
1 - Peach isn't that amazing. She's good, but definitely a step below the good characters in the game.
2 - This upcoming TMNT game will probably not be as good as TMNT: Tournament Fighters. [Incidentally, April was in the Genesis version of that game and she was apparently completely broken.]

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Maybe i just havn't watched enough brawl videos but people like this samus make me want to play the game again xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_nEgihxvYc&NR=1

Anyway i just watched half the vids you guys posted.... Majist i should have heeded you're warning...

As for your vid though that is added to favorites, freaking amazing tech skillz and mind games by SS (joots vid). Have him and Mew2King played recently?

Also are the Birmingham people still coming up this saturday?

moogle

Smash Ace
umm.. I'm going to a party thing Saturday evening.

Thursday = Will_'s birthday? = Smash at my apartment?? (or his house??)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
peach is less overpowered than 4 of 26 characters in the game.
so wats all this huntsville travel business when is it going down

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Thursday or Saturday would work for me. Hurry up and decide, you Huntsvillains.

DML would be pretty cool, but work johns.

Planning further ahead, I know some of you are planning on going to Impact Clash 3. I think Poet is going to ride up to Birmingham that weekend in hopes of getting a ride since everyone else in Florida has already planned their ride situations out. Long story short, will there be seats available for both him and me however Alabama ends up distributing rides?

I'd say April has a chance to be the Melee Shiek of the TMNT game.

I need a copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Melee vids coming out lately have all been ****.

In the Brawl vid, the Falco player would have won if he didn't make stupid mistakes off the stage. Both players were pretty good, though.

_Keno_

Smash Lord

so

lol, not really. I actually played Peach before ever seeing a tier list or thinking about playing competitively. Her style just happened to line up with what I was comfortable with. ZSS and diddy are the two other characters im comfortable with atm. Ill be trying others later.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Can I thank you now instead? Seriously, Voldo is the Michael Jackson of Soul Calibur...

Saturday or Thursday works for me too, but I'd prefer Saturday (it seems like all the good parties are happening on Saturday, though D: ). Also, I refuse to drive. My car needs an oil change and I'm sooo not doing it this week.

Edit: And I've still got a bad taste in my mouth over IC 2. I think I'm done with non-local tournys for a bit...

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Saturday and also vote for me not driving on the way up. I get tired while driving unless I have some Jesus water to get me through.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Does Friday work for anyone?

Actually, scratch that. I have something going on Thursday until 6, but can head up after that, so I vote for Thursday.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Seems like if it's Thursday, it's going to be after 6, but if it's Saturday, it's going to be drunken Andy not there til' 3 in the morning.

The answer we must choose is clear.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I am good either night so i vote both :p

Also I think i have to agree with duchock, that was some serious voldo violation there xD

Majist

Smash Journeyman
This's gonna be tough for me because I have to get up at 1:30am for work and my brother is going to be in town from the Army and is getting married on Thursday. I hope i can make this:(

edit: guys, Andy's really the only one who gets to vote... :/

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
This's gonna be tough for me because I have to get up at 1:30am for work and my brother is going to be in town from the Army and is getting married on Thursday. I hope i can make this:(

edit: guys, Andy's really the only one who gets to vote... :/
Nope, it is a vote between me and him and if it is a tie the vice president gets to vote the tie breaker.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
why do i have to live in montgomery :[

so i finally figured out how to work the new "friendfinder" thing today, guys. even though there is only 4 or 5 buttons total on it. i think thats pretty sad.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah i plan to use link in the low tier tourney, but he still has trouble beating ness/lucas and jiggs can gay him pretty easily as well

but i'd like to play link in regular tournament as well. i'll figure it out

Sensai

Smash Master
Dammit. I would totally be down with Thursday Smash if I didn't have something on Friday that required me down in Birmingham Thursday night.

:-(((((

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'll be in Hoover for a while Sensei, so we can probably arrange a gathering around here as well.

Top Bottom