• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I am caught up. I think I just read 15 pages worth of posts and watched most of the videos. Good stuff, except for the weeaboo fight; I cannot support such things. Thank you, Sensai for Voldo Jackson. I'm AMAZED at how well it mimicked the Smooth Criminal music video.

So it looks like I should probably try to give Will_ a ride to Andy's tomorrow. I will bring pizzas because... it's kind of a tradition.

One last thing. As the year comes to a close, bloggers generally start talking about their favorite songs and albums from the past 12 months. While I'm mind-boggled at some of the absentees, the list provided by NPR's All Songs Considered put up a good fight:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98092448&sc=fb&cc=fbnote-20081216

Note the positions of MGMT and Girl Talk appropriately. Pitchfork Media's list won't be done until Friday, but judging by their Best 100 Tracks of 2008, I'd say we should expect to see Fleet Foxes, M83, MGMT, and Crystal Castles represented. It's a good read if you're interested:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/147998-the-100-best-tracks-of-2008

That is all.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
T1J, I think Dave(cream, D3 player) and Adam(nu, Lucas/Rob player) are driving up from bham, maybe you could ride up with them.

Thanks Rob. If I bring my wii, a SD card and Zelda, could you hack my wii?

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I will likely be able to provide transportation up to Huntsville tomorrow evening, but I don't much feel like doing the actual driving.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to make it. I'll have to see if something can be arranged with Andy and Coach.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
I will likely be able to provide transportation up to Huntsville tomorrow evening, but I don't much feel like doing the actual driving.
well if you do take your car up there tommorow, can me and a couple of friends hitch up there with you?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I sincerely doubt there will be enough room in cars the way it looks. Or Moogle's apartment.

Mslano, T1J, Duchock, Dave, Adam, Anomaly + 2 friends, me. That's two cars provided we split properly. Adam and Dave were telling me they couldn't wait until after 6 to leave, so it's more likely that one car will have to leave earlier than another.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I sincerely doubt there will be enough room in cars the way it looks. Or Moogle's apartment.

Mslano, T1J, Duchock, Dave, Adam, Anomaly + 2 friends, me. That's two cars provided we split properly. Adam and Dave were telling me they couldn't wait until after 6 to leave, so it's more likely that one car will have to leave earlier than another.
Cars can fit 5 people each hopefully?

=D

mslano, parker, russ, smash this week?
I'll be there.

Wine

Smash Cadet
atm my car is made up of: me (nu) dave, george and proto....and we are going to leave as soon as possible to get there whenever it starts..

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Alright, the rest of the people in the area looking to go up to Huntsville should meet at my house around 6:15. We'll figure out arrangements from there.

coach

Smash Apprentice
mslano talk to moogle about our travel plans while your up. see if it's cool with you.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Update: I won't be able to use one of the cars here to drive up to Huntsville, so I will have to ride with someone. I can pitch in for gas if necessary. Also, to adjust for dinner plans, everyone should meet here around 7:00 - 7:15.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Hmm well crap, if i had looked at the boards before i left for work this morning i wouldhave brought an extra tv and wii along with brawl and melee. I suggest someone else bring a TV if they can.

And wtf xD Majist, Joot, and T1j....some of my favorite people can't make it? Don't you know that smash is more important than weddings, work or birthdays? :p

Anyway i will definitely be there, and mslano, if you can convince Andy and Coach to make a trip to Chad's i will definitely tag along.

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, I'll be able to make it now. I'll probably be there at around 9ish. Maybe 10.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
It seems we're all getting picked off, one by one T_T

Something came up for me, preventing my escape to the wonderful world of Huntsville. This unavoidable obstacle comes with a plus side though... I might be in love :3. Or at least feel like it.

And I'm not a weeaboo ****it! Don't group me with these losers (sorry losers). I only posted that anime link for the outrageous factor. I don't even like anime!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
the plan is to leave from memphis to go north. so sorry :(
Coach gets to sleep with me, I called it.

It seems we're all getting picked off, one by one T_T

Something came up for me, preventing my escape to the wonderful world of Huntsville. This unavoidable obstacle comes with a plus side though... I might be in love :3. Or at least feel like it.

And I'm not a weeaboo ****it! Don't group me with these losers (sorry losers). I only posted that anime link for the outrageous factor. I don't even like anime!
You just used a ":3" face online, you're a weeaboo in denial.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm infected with the disease.

I can't come tonight. I guess they'll be more room for you guys that are going.

>___<

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
duchock don't be fooled, theres no such thing as love

speaking of love, here's a funny joke:

So the other day my girlfriend asked me to make love to her like they do in the movies, so I banged her in the *** and came all over her face.
Apparently we watch different movies.

i think ugly betty is kind of hot

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Had a good time last night guys, and thanks to everyone who suffered through my low-tier doubles attempts!
Don't worry. Any suffering caused by you was drastically overshadowed by Parker's attempts to play Samus. ihsb, you should have seen it.

Too much fun.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
which of you are going to impact clash and/or tipped off 4
preferably people who can give me a ride. I want to go to one of them but I need to know which one to take off for, which depends on whether i can get a ride to them

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I'm so upset i couldn't come last night!!! (that's what she said) sorry Will_:(

The good news is that peak season at UPS is almost over, and it's all downhill from here. Eventually I'll be getting up at my usual 3:30am, whoo hoo!!

....god, that's so sad. I need a new job.

moogle

Smash Ace
which of you are going to impact clash and/or tipped off 4
preferably people who can give me a ride. I want to go to one of them but I need to know which one to take off for, which depends on whether i can get a ride to them
I'm almost definitely going to Tipped Off 4, and maybe going to Impact Clash 3

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lol It's ok Majist. You should have seen me in melee, I was not getting 4 stocked versus falcos with my ganon. Which is on fire for me.

It was really fun last night, wish I could have stayed longer.

Top Bottom