• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure there was shield cancelling in that video. If there wasn't then oh well. >_>

mslano

Smash Journeyman
That video wasn't very exciting.

You know what is exciting? Playing Zelda, oddly enough. Super aggressive Zelda is fun as hell.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Sonic has a good few frames where it looks like he's still in the Dair animation (and really still has his hitbox i think) but has no landing lag. Also, his landing lag is less than it appears too. Fair also cancels quickly in the air, it can be used like a Ganon Stomp.

Sonic is an amazing character to get good with despite his drawbacks. It's kind of hard to explain, he sucks but you can still do so much with him. I don't see how that video was hacked, if there was any fastness it could've just been lightning mode, no?

But seriously, visit the Sonic right now has more ATs than any other character in brawl. That may mostly be because the Sonic mainers are mains because they're his fan base, and therefore more passionate than anyone about making Sonic suck as little as possible. I've been spending a lot of time with them so I'm actually really well learned on Sonic's capabilities now.
So proud.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
would anyone like to have a small get-together some time today? Munkus is in town, and I haven't smashed in over a week except for online. Melee or Brawl, it doesn't matter to me:) If I host, it'll most definitely be Melee.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure there was shield cancelling in that video. If there wasn't then oh well. >_>
He used downb->shield. It's how Sonic can cancel his momentum.

And it wasn't lightning mode. >_<

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My bad. When I said momentum, I meant run momentum.

Or maybe I just don't know all the Melee terms yet. >_>

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol they put it on lightining m0d333!!!!11
no dUh GuYzZ

im not drooliing oveer the speed of the matches and whatnot... i just really like that sonic and the use of speed to an actual advantage in brawl. which i did not think all that possible.

do i word my sentences werid and type poorly? i get alot of comments about it :[

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
being fast (as far as brawl is concerned) is necessary to play at a high level with most characters. except like snake, and dedede, who you don't really have to move with

popsofctown

Smash Champion
he should do the dance like he does after a cloud trampoline in his games instead... or maybe that should be one of his taunts

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I just got the 199$ xbox majist. (my old one broke) it was a good choice, but know there are several differences.
It doesn't play old xbox games
It doesn't come with a hard drive
It doesn't come with a hard drive
It doesn't come with HD av component cable thingies, the ones you need to play 360 on an HDTV and get the high def benefits.

I already have a hard drive. I didn't know about the cable difference though, so were' out 30 or 40 bucks to get some of those :(

Oh, that 199$ deal comes with two games. Sega superstars tennis is just a shadow of what mario tennis for N64 was. It also comes with a pack of xbox live arcade games on a disc. There was Feeding Frenzy, which was pretty good for one or two sittings, a pac man remake, doesn't depart from the old school one for me to have to explain it, luxor, a pretty fun action puzzler. Kind of like brick breaker spliced with bubble bobble. Now that i think of it, exactly like that. I'm tired of it already, but i played a bunch of zuma which is almost the same thing (both come from popcap games). Uno, i hope that was put on there as a joke, playing uno on your xbox against three computers is pathetically boring. nothing else memorable on the xbox live arcade disc.

Anyway, i thought you guys should know, i got super mario land and the 6 coins for only $2.50 I think that's a deal.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, new xbox live gamertag: GreenKazooie.

hopefully this reaches rob, the main live user i know of.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
120, NEW 60, and 20 gig HDD those are the ones you can buy. Yea i would recommend buying the new premium 360 with a 60 gig or just buy an old premium 360 with a 20 gig if you can find one cause the 60 gigs are taking the place of the old 20 gig.

Here is a betbuy link for the 3 types you can buy - http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=abcat0701001&type=category

The Elite is actually cheaper for the holidays so yea. Also what ever you do dont buy a used 360 cause you have no idea if it has had any problems in the past and even though you can get a warranty i still wouldnt do it.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of your bro, did he still want to do all those MM's? I didn't see him at the last gamebox.

And Mario is pretty underrated. I just started playing him.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
He's not a bad character. He just has a couple **** matchups that he can't do anything about. That's the only reason he's low tier. Same for Ness.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont even think yoshi is low tier.
i think yoshi does well against high tiers unlike mario and other low tiers.

mario is pretty good though. I always underestimate marios when i play them because i think he has no approach plus his f-smash has sweet range

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Mario can approach with a rain of fireballs, which forces the opponent to shield, dodge, or get hit while Mario gets in close range for a throw or some other juggling move. Doesn't always work, but it does sometimes.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
whenever i hear that song "rockin' around the christmas tree" i always think she says "we'll have some ****in' pie" instead of "pumpkin pie"

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I've made a great discovery today. I am now playing Fox along with Ness. They just seem to go hand in hand... So yeah, put me down on the list for Ness/Fox. I'm going to seriously make an effort to be good now.

Top Bottom