• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
So, I'm going up to Huntsville tomorrow. Anyone else from the area want to go as well?
Fixed. You aren't thinking about it. You ARE going up to Huntsville tomorrow.

Everyone else down there, come with him. We will have lots of fun together.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Great smashfest Rob, Majist, Joot, good matches.

So is this major smashfest going down tomorrow at Andy's? The good lord knows i need some Peach practice.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
dudes, at that dance i left for i met this girl named Terra. I almost said "Wow, i was just talking to j00t about FF3" or "I've never met a Terra without blue hair before". But i didn't.

j00t

Smash Champion
dudes, at that dance i left for i met this girl named Terra. I almost said "Wow, i was just talking to j00t about FF3" or "I've never met a Terra without blue hair before". But i didn't.
Haha, that would of been great. I should of gone to that dance because I would of said that.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Can I get a head count of people looking to come with me?

Also, I'm not sure when I'll be leaving. Maybe 2ish. This might depend on who is coming along, but it seems a reasonable time.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The vulcanbox tourney is the same day as the SEC championship.

At most I might make doubles. There is no way in hell I am missing that game.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I guess count me out. This is too spur the moment, especially with me visiting for the holidays and having to move all my stuff back to the dorm.

And I foresee there being lots of icky, icky melee which I suck thoroughly at.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
btw, i still want to make an AL brawl combo video
i'd like to have all AL's best players in it, but some people lack videos. I'm basically just pulling them from youtube at this point so if you want to be in the video get some videos recorded. some people who i'd like to see in the vid like dangr and nice1 don't have many videos, and the videos should be of decent quality, i.e no recorded tv screens. i'm going to get my capture card pretty soon, so I might be recording you people at a upcoming tournament.

also i wanted, if possible to have each section feature a different player with a different character. and i wanted to do only one character per player. like I dont want one section to be munkus's MK and then the next section be will's MK...i'm gonna try to do that but if i cant get enough clips i'll have to make do. in that case, i would try to use will's DK

but for people who play diff. characters (i.e reflex) like if you'd prefer your section to be wario or PT or sommin let me know.

also, i want to play a different song during each person's section. so please pick a song to be played during your section.

People I know that are going to be in the video: will, george, moogle, reflex
everyone else is going to depend on if i can get clips of you
but ive still got lots of clips to collect so this wont be done for months probably, but just lettin ya know :-D

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Thank God for HBC

If I get your Brawl and Wii FC's I can send you about 20 vids of my Diddy where I just get crazy mindgame kills

nice1

Smash Lord
yo janitor you can find my matches on youtube you might be able something from my matches from impact clash 2

moogle

Smash Ace
ummm... aim for after the Iron Bowl. It supposedly lasts from 2:30 to 5:30. I'm going to a place that isn't my apartment to watch it. After 5:30... come on over. :p

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Reflex, I'm so jealous of your avatar. And your Pokemon Trainer skills. And your Captain Falcon skills. And your Wario skills. And your girlfriend, if any. If I met you I'd probably turn into a green hulk of envy and try to kill you. But you would just use chomp.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
^you forgot to say no homo

hmmmmmm....well yeah if you leave after six I can go.
and if you plan to leave soon after six, I work at hoover library which is about twleve seconds from your house mslano, so I could drive straight over there if that works better.

let me know something...i'm on break right now and wont be able to check smashboards until i get off at six....someone can text me at 205-401-7589
or i'll just check smashboards when i get off.

and i think you should record matches moogle :-D

@ majist i'll never give up roy and I still insist on playing roy against space animals. i probably main fox now though, which i never thought would happen :-P

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Alright, we'll leave when Kevin gets here. Other people can arrive a little before 6 if they want to come along.

Also, can someone make sure to bring an mp3 player? I don't have mine and the radio stations between here and Huntsville aren't the greatest.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
My only good char is MK. At least, he's the only one I can feel comfortable with while being on this long smash hiatus.

I know there are good vids of will's MK up. His DK utterly dominated me in the friendlies set we played.

Also, I don't think we have any character mains overlap other than will and I.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, I'm so jealous of your avatar. And your Pokemon Trainer skills. And your Captain Falcon skills. And your Wario skills. And your girlfriend, if any. If I met you I'd probably turn into a green hulk of envy and try to kill you. But you would just use chomp.
Well, it -does- have grab super armor frames...

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Hey jewt, if you are still stuck at that same part of FFIII, it's possible that you need to bring Sabin and Cyan to get the best relic. It triggers an extra cutscene, which (possibly) is necessary for a perfect score on the whole banquet.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Last night was too fun. You guys always make for the best smashfests. I wish we had recorded some of my finer moments (such as the Roy Triple Forward Smash Combo on Andy), but no big deal. GGs to all and I will see everyone again in a few weeks.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Hey jewt, if you are still stuck at that same part of FFIII, it's possible that you need to bring Sabin and Cyan to get the best relic. It triggers an extra cutscene, which (possibly) is necessary for a perfect score on the whole banquet.
Does that event actually give you a relic that can be worthwhile endgame?

Top Bottom