• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Don't worry, Luke and I have trained many nights together with Ganon vs Falcon.

Luke's prepared. Though he has yet to surpass my ganondorf, I feel that he will indeed surpass Kosk's.

I play falcon more than any of my other characters, he's literally my main in a sense.
So ****ing tempting to quote. God **** it.

also, inb4 tyler

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
But the main thing I dont understand is I gave you the opportunity for a best of 11 match where you can choose every single stage for 50 dollars. You have shown nothing but 100% confidence that you will win. Why not except the terms and take my $50?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Because I know you're a good player, and there is an equal chance that I will lose. I didn't want those terms cause not only does it give you the option to john if I beat you, I'd also much rather vs you under normal conditions. 20 seems like a high enough amount where we won't want to lose, so 50 just seems like we're trying to be way too cocky and trying to go after each others throat's and I really don't want it to be like that. Plus even if I thought I'd win 100% I still wouldn't take it to a 50 MM.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
If you beat me under my own terms, I wouldn't john. I don't john anyway. Did I john when you chainspiked me like, 8 times in our set? No.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
What the hell? even under those circumstances why would anyone MM for 50??

Luke put up good reason why you'd want to do it, mostly for pride and bragging rights :p

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah seriously. If I lose under those terms it would be an even bigger kick in the nuts.

So reasons why not:

Don't want you to have to satisfaction of winning on such absurd conditions
I don't want to get ***** on smashboards more than I already do (vs kat anyone) because I lost under those conditions
I feel confident enough I can win under normal conditions
50 dollars is just simply too high and makes the whole thing uncomfortable
You can john about it.

FYI you've johned plenty. All I hear is "I haven't played smash for 3 months prior to this." So don't say you haven't johned, because you have.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just judging from the matches vs kosk I'd have to strongly disagree on that. No offense meant by it, but I probably do play falcon a lot more than you do.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
This Falcon vs. Ganon MM is gonna be fun to watch. Koskinator, just suck it up and deal with the $20 MM. :p

Also, hard to say whose is better. Luke's got a good Falcon, and so does Dan.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Dramarama, I didn't even bother reading all the posts lol

It's true, Luke does play a lot of Falcon, but at the same time I don't know if he's going to win. I think I'll put my money on Kosk cause I remember doing Falcon vs Mark's Pikachu and I brought him down to 1 stock with high percent after not playing Brawl for like 6 months and then you did the exact same matchup and stage right after and you only took off 1 stock off Mark lol

Frio

Smash Champion

It's true, Luke does play a lot of Falcon, but at the same time I don't know if he's going to win. I think I'll put my money on Kosk cause I remember doing Falcon vs Mark's Pikachu and I brought him down to 1 stock with high percent after not playing Brawl for like 6 months and then you did the exact same matchup and stage right after and you only took off 1 stock off Mark lol
Lol? I don't think this ever happened, unless you're talking about those FFA where Luke was going out of his way to kill me

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Tyler I am pretty sure mark was messing around. He'd never take either of our falcons seriously. Well at least yours, pika just ***** falcon too hard.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
This better be streamed. I honestly will be pissed if it isn't :(
AKA tourni Directer, Send Meh the link VIA my VM wall here and lemme watch :D

Lukes got a great Falcon, seemed even matches Cept he always won...sooo I guess it wasn't even after all lol

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Theres not even a matchup if it's Edmonton vs Red Deer, at least Victor is as good as some of calgary.

So where is the melee hype?
Melee doesn't need hype.

This Falcon vs. Ganon MM is gonna be fun to watch.
Wtf no it's not. Need I remind you it's Brawl?

Tl;dr

Basically whats going on is Luke is trying to be an honest cool guy and hype the way Kage does (the way of a warrior) But Luke sucks at it and end up looking like a huge *******, even though he means well. What he's trying to do is hype the match and say "you're going down, warrior style" but it comes out "You arn't nearly as good as me, because I'm better than all these people that I'm causing fuss over because theres no actual proof I'm even better than anyone at this game"

Luke just needs more Hyping experience. That's all.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Kage IS a cool guy. Luke is not. Thats basically what I'm getting at.

Luke Protip: No, I'm really not. You just don't understand my posts yet.

(By the way, if you really care, I actually just said that you're actually a decent guy whos good at the game and means well in most of what you do, and is pretty cool, you just made a mistake.

But of course you're ****ing Luke, so you didn't notice that I said that lol)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luke is a cool guy, just not so much online. Same with Brad. I know I've said this like a billion times.

I guess opposites attract, and likes repel. :/

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Kage IS a cool guy. Luke is not. Thats basically what I'm getting at.

Luke Protip: No, I'm really not. You just don't understand my posts yet.

(By the way, if you really care, I actually just said that you're actually a decent guy whos good at the game and means well in most of what you do, and is pretty cool, you just made a mistake.

But of course you're ****ing Luke, so you didn't notice that I said that lol)
Brad Protip: No, I'm really not. You just don't understand my posts yet.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Lol? I don't think this ever happened, unless you're talking about those FFA where Luke was going out of his way to kill me
Nope, it was a 1v1.

hype if only it was edmonton

Afterdawn MM'ed me falco vs marth, lets see if he'll dodge it again this time.
Uh, I never dodged it...? At Luke's house like a month ago, YOU were the one who wanted to play Brawl so you dodged it. I'm the one who money matched you, not the other way around, scrub. Plus, I don't know why you're so eager to lose $5.

Vitality

Smash Ace
Nope, it was a 1v1.

Uh, I never dodged it...? At Luke's house like a month ago, YOU were the one who wanted to play Brawl so you dodged it. I'm the one who money matched you, not the other way around, scrub. Plus, I don't know why you're so eager to lose $5.
LOL. I think you were the one that MMed me a year ago and dodged it absolutely. I told you that day that we would MM on ADAT which i won't be going to anymore. Getting luke to get a day for us but apparently you're not in good standings with anyone in our circle anymore.

Too bad if only you were good in smash as your forum whoring. All talk and no skills... So explain to me how are you going to beat me with your constant training on level 1 computers and 24/7 watching youtube on zhu. LOL

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
I admit the whole "I watch a million videos" thing is stupid, but hey Tyler's pretty cool, leave him alone.

I don't even train, I hardly ever play this game, How's about we MM $10 (melee obvs) You cool with that?

I think our forum (despite none of us being seriuos at all) is getting a little too aggressive, so hey guys let's lay off it a bit, I don't want to keep possible attendees from wanting to come, srsly.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
There hasn't been a new person looking into this in awhile. And most of the people who say they're coming haven't posted. I am kinda worried :\.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
even if there's only like a handful of people, that's fine - tourneys go really fast so we can play 100s of friendlies the rest of the time :D

edit: won't happen

Top Bottom