• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

ppig

Smash Journeyman
oooooo ok well maybe i think i work its this friday right i would love to come and play your young link again lol

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Didn't I lose with young link?

My YL sucks >_< (well it's actually good for some things, but I would never be all luke about it)

Well the time may vary, but it's definately friday, current schedual is for 6, but it depends if Sid can get out of rehersal early, if so it could be as early as 2-3.

Bring the rest of red deer

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
What the **** in snake dash.

Running with Snake?

...Dare I even try to point out that none of this actually happens?

I really hate to say it, but a goblin's head is not exploding in front of you, It's a figure you painted and spent money on, and then have fun stating made up stories of battle about, and add statistics to in order to feel your figures are better than other peoples.

Why don't you just pick up some ****ing crazy bones, That **** was cool, inexpensive, and had real fun to it.

Not to mention Crazy Bones didn't need someone to make up **** about rolling a die and if you roll a certain number a figurings head is imagined to blow up.
sadface y do you have to be so mean :( I think the backround and story are what make it so great. Why the hell would snake be fighting fing kirby in SSBB it doesn't even make half sense. At least warhammer tries and comes with awesome story potential. its almost like a novel but its interactive. And crazy bones were pretty sweet.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Connor's winning Melee singles and Melee low tiers BY THE WAY.

gg carl.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Did I hear Young Luke?

sadface y do you have to be so mean :( I think the backround and story are what make it so great. Why the hell would snake be fighting fing kirby in SSBB it doesn't even make half sense. At least warhammer tries and comes with awesome story potential. its almost like a novel but its interactive. And crazy bones were pretty sweet.
Well, I don't mean to down your game, (to each their own) but quite honestly, you have to understand that you SAY, you literally STATE during your battle that a goblins head explodes, where as at least in smash Kirby fighting Mario actually happens. It's interacting.

I'm just trying to say, I don't find someone telling me I just successfully speared an orc exhilerating, whereas actually spearing the orc would be. Too bad it's figurines that cost hundred of dollars and have no potential aside from looks.

ppig

Smash Journeyman
lol yea so its 6 pm ????? i think i might be able to squeez it in with work think im off at 5

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Uh, Melee times might be changed, in fact we might not do Low Tier. I have no clue what's happening cause we need to phone the hall manager and I haven't had a chance to go to Luke's house in like a month.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Uh, Melee times might be changed, in fact we might not do Low Tier. I have no clue what's happening cause we need to phone the hall manager and I haven't had a chance to go to Luke's house in like a month.
What.

The.

Guys.

Seriously get your act together. Change the ****ing day if you're gonna keep losing time like this because you didnt plan well enough in advance (k fine, even if the hall manager did it, I don't care, work on it, don't just let it happen)

lol yea so its 6 pm ????? i think i might be able to squeez it in with work think im off at 5
Coo Coo~ we're still trying to figure out who's showing up etc. but nobody will tell us anything, regardless we're willing to work out details.

Also, it's a stay the night if you need to.

you bettah!
lol he's talking about something else

Snake dash is also known as mortar sliding, or techincally Snake's dash cancelled up smash.
Why is there more than one term for it, seriously. thats like having L-cancelling, but sometimes we call it Quick-landing.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
It is more so that it's original name was Snake Dashing/Mortar Sliding because Snake was the most notable character for it, but seeing as it is not Snake exclusive the name was changed to something more descriptive (Dash attack canceled up smash, or DACUS). It also has a few other names, but it is officially DACUS.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
hype !!! What we need is a mega marketing scheme, posters, television ads, radio commercials! :p

advertise on facebook..... :p or twitter.... twitter is uber ghey.

more setups!!!

Also I may be bringing a second TV/WII for this, not sure just yet but im workin on it. :)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
OLIOLIOLIOOOOOOOOO

From BC, it's Daltsy, Koskinator, maaaaybe Lib3r4t3 and of course me....

Me+Dalts > Melee
Me+Kosk > Brawl

gg no re berttah

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
lol thats hot.

also DACUM!

Dyamism, you ignored my MM request =P

I don't know why you're making such a big deal of it, I posted about it like two weeks ago or something, it's old news by now.
That exactly my point, durp.

YOu mentioned it two weeks ago, but didnt DO ANYTHING about it, and now you have to confirm and by all means it could be worse?

Honestly, take charge, do something, thats the problem, I already thought you were.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad you're an idiot. We can't change the date, this is the only date reasonable for this whole thing. No saturday/sunday's work because every sunday druing the summer we have to be out by 4pm. This problem we're having with the time is due to the CITY needing to inspect the place, so we can't really do **** about it. Stop criticizing how we're doing things when there is not much we can do about it. And don't suggest to move to another venue because this venue is giving this to use for the same price as last year except for two days (which explains the reduced entrance fee).

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
I don't think its wise to upset the hosts of the tournament, or to complain if things aren't to one persons liking - when you got 50+ people on the roster for an event you're hosting, I'm reasonably sure that the host(s) know that people are counting on them :p

Our job as people that care is to support them and give them help where they need it. Instead of stressing them out by making complaints.

Nuff said.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
You can please some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all the time.

Especially where Smash is involved.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Luke Luke Luke Luke Luke. Chill. You didn't tell us all of this, and you still can do things to help work out details, which you also havn't done. I never said another venue, or another day had to be the solution(I was just making random suggestinos), I just said do something.

I just like my hosts to keep me involved, and I know you guys could use a little push in the right direction, you're both not very outgoing when it comes to this stuff.

But I'm glad you clarified, so chill.

edit: Oshi- you're right skrem, if I say bad things too much, I'll get banned! (but seriously, I wan't trying to upset them, just get them to actually do something, it sounded very discouraging to hear the TO's say "I have no idea whats going on")

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Honestly how do you know what we're like. So far you haven't read one situation right, and every assumption you've made on my character is way off. Don't pull this BS. I don't really find the real need to keep the public informed about everything until everything is settled, that way we avoid **** like this.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
=] I like to know things though.

If I make assumptions that have no harm whatsoever, the only thing that happens is I get corrected and therefore know the real situation, which is good for me. Tada!

Also Luke, I was pretty much half running ADAT(the first) because you couldnt shout at all and needed help with tio and all that. Thats where the you arn't outgoing comes from, You don't have the heart of Chad in you.

Now Chad, Could he ever make people listen to him, hoo boy.

edit: Seriously Luke, chill out.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
We're doing everything that we can right now so calm down, it's not like we're not trying, I've just been busy.

hype !!! What we need is a mega marketing scheme, posters, television ads, radio commercials! :p

advertise on facebook..... :p or twitter.... twitter is uber ghey.

more setups!!!

Also I may be bringing a second TV/WII for this, not sure just yet but im workin on it. :)
There's a Facebook group for this already. :) Also, if you could bring another TV / Wii, that would be great. Let me know some time before the tourney if it can happen.

k i need a question answered. im going to this with my girlfriend so i need a cheap hotel or motel to stay in. does anyone know of any?
Yeah, there's one near Holy Cross, I don't know the exact address yet but I'll get back to you on that.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
...What's so ironic about it? Luke told me there was one by Holy Cross, I didn't even know about it until he told me lol. And if it's about me going there during junior high / elementary, then whatever, I never really explored the neighborhood.
He means the fact there is a cheap motel(presumably used for "immoral encounters") right next to a religious building.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
who claimed the deeds were immoral? besides theres no proof!!!
We had fun and i didnt need to change my own bedsheets! sheesh....

>_>

Top Bottom