• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I use Mario for IC's (-2), Pika (-1/0), Kirby (-1) and Lucario/Diddy (-1/0).

I hear us vs GnW isn't too hard. I'm really going to have to learn it. It's such a dumb matchup with Mario.

sheikamaru

jive
I use Mario for IC's (-2), Pika (-1/0), Kirby (-1) and Lucario/Diddy (-1/0).

I hear us vs GnW isn't too hard. I'm really going to have to learn it. It's such a dumb matchup with Mario.
i've had awesome training against a good gnw :) not like utd or vinny but he's a legit gnw. got good enough exp to where i know what's coming and what to avoid. so i'm good if i run into any gnw's in tourney that don't know my play style.

sheikamaru

jive
don't fall for his retreating grabs.

feel free to jab lock or just jab all day when you have him at the edge

use your speed to get in his face or else he'll egg you from afar

if you do get grabbed, be sure do di the right way else you'll get grabbed again

yoshi survives forever but his only realiable kill move is his upair and sweet spotted down b so watch out for those. if your confident enough with the match up you'll find a way to kill him eventually by maximizing dmg output on him while taking less dmg from him at the same time. else whip out zelda for da kill :)

Judo777

Smash Master
I have written up a long post somewhere on this MU so I won't discuss it again lol. Also jabs while hes on the edge seems like a waste. Yoshi is pretty vulnerable on the ledge.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
M2K give you that money he owed you Ed?

Also I lost your number (new phone) toss me a text at some point.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
hmm... guessed I saved you on my sim card. I put you in and there were two of you.

Ankoku was just seeing how long it would take to for someone to realize.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Gosh Dang it Ed you are making it real hard on me lol
Lol, I could definitely say the same man. Gotta get up from my easy chair and put in that work lmao.

@Killik, I've been meaning to put up vids for a while. I'm really happy with how I played so you and everyone will be seeing me close to my absolute best.

iLight

Smash Lord
ed how do you beat sonic, i struggle in that match up, then again I've only ever played espy and the time I did I hadn't slept at all the night before and then lost to him in tournament with my mk as well, not to mention he's ridiculously good with sonic.... but but.... how do you beat sonic with shelda?

Judo777

Smash Master
ed how do you beat sonic, i struggle in that match up, then again I've only ever played espy and the time I did I hadn't slept at all the night before and then lost to him in tournament with my mk as well, not to mention he's ridiculously good with sonic.... but but.... how do you beat sonic with shelda?
Needles and close range game. But be careful and patient cause he RELIES on you attacking recklessly.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yea, rectum tearrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Anyway, with Sonic you can really dictate the MU and put into a Sonic's head that they will be taking damage everytime they spindash at you, so long as you react correctly. Choices are either they spindash and attack or spindash cancel into grab. Needles beat both but so does walking away as they are coming to you. Walking away beats option 2, leaving only attack, which loses to shield. It's really just RPS with Sonic and limiting you're own mistakes. All this, and having loads of patience lol.

sheikamaru

jive
so the thread title is gonna bug me till it's fixed..

@light just make sure you ban yoshis against sonic, they have that invincibility thing like dk there on his spin dash. then he'll cp you to either yoshis or pictochat which does the same thing. sonic is all mind games. just don't fall for his fsmash when your at high percents or his bair. and needles > sonic and as judo said tilt lock his azzz cqc ftw!

sheikamaru

jive
well yea b/c of all the obstacles and shizz. it took me a whole stock to realize sonic was untouchable on picto b/c i was throwing needles at him and he kept comin :l

Judo777

Smash Master
When sonic spin dashes at you on yoshis or picto, just dsmash it, or if u think they will try and mix it up try ftilting, or even jabbing. All you have to do to stop sonics invincible spin dash is clank it, then it resets to even frames but i think sheik wins that game. Sheik jab is faster than all of sonics moves so all he can do is shield.

sheikamaru

jive
lol at hyperactive 8 year old haha!! buttt yea..i'll keep that in mind next time. well if that's the case why doesn't needles get rid of his invincibility?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i honestly dont know why somethings clank and others dont.

I think its because when he does that, he actually doesnt have a hurtbox, tho the hitbox is still active.

so anything that normally beats spindash and hits sonics hurtbox (needles) still beat spindash but then dont hit anything because theres no hit box there, and anything that normally clanks, (tilts) still clanks with the spindash hitbox and reset both characters to neutral.

in other news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1VmY94527Q&feature=relmfu

if you havent seen yet.

hes fun to watch at low percent (what sheik isnt) but he doesnt seem to know how to kill.

iLight

Smash Lord
very good low percent stuff, good control with sheik, he definitely seemed like he was struggling with kill options, maybe should have gone zelda to finish that dk, though for my game I feel like I saw some definite opportunities to punish with dacus

^^ super run on that's not even a sentence

Choice

Smash Champion
needles clash with dk ftilt, lol. its like the only thing in the game they clash with.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm gonna argue and say one of the problems with having a lack of safe kill moves on block means it makes killing DK really risky. One bad dacus on shield could mean taking tons of damage, I actually think he was playing the best in that scenario minus some reading opportunities for usmash, like you guys pointed out. I agree with you guys, but I think that NEO essentially played the MU pretty well.

Although the nice thing about Zelda is shieldpoking with kill moves on DK's bad shield.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jab to nair and jab to dsmash. ftilt usmash the window is huge for DK. and with all the ftilts NEO was getting on his list he'd of had it fine.

I don't know how easy it'd be to get kills with zelda on will he would stay out of those dangerous places I think. Zelda is WAY easier to get killed than sheik because of how bad zelda's recovery is. get baired off stage and you may find yourself fsmashed that isn't going to happen as often with sheik.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
He seemed to use nair for other methods, so I think dsmash was the way to go.

Although even when fresh, I almost never see dsmash kill from my personal experience, at least before the percents that fresh aerials do as well :p

Top Bottom