• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I've seen all of Innocent Roads videos about 100 times. If Marth or Jigglypuff players are using up b or rest on reaction to utilt then more power to them...................show me a match with a Marth player DS'ing out of utilt.<_<

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Your playstyle......your choice. Utilt is a great anti-air move and surprisingly beats a lot of moves. It also hits on frame 5, I like it alot in matchups where my opponent is mainly aerial based such as Jiggs, Kirby, even Wario.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
:) i use utilt for close range anti air, punishment after i force an air dodge with autocancel uair, and the most reliable way to end my ftilt locks

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've never been upBed out of nair yet. good to know I can be I though.

utilt is an amazing move I rate it equal to ftilt. thats me though.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My Sheik move tier list

God tier: Transform

Top:
Ftilt
Jab
Needles
Ftilt>Usmash

High:
Fair
DACUS
Utilt
Bair
Dsmash

Mid:
Nair
Chain
Vanish
Usmash
Dtilt
Uair

Low:
Fsmash
Dair

gm jack

Smash Lord
lol is ftilt usmash really that good?

i hardly use it >_< maybe i should do it more
I find it's too situational. I have to really focus on using Ftilt a lot to pull it off, and I actually don't use Ftilt as much as I should. I pretty much grab everything.

On her moves though, aside from Dair, she doesn't really have any bad moves. Dtilt is pretty situational, but being able to do it quickly out of a crouch gives it use against character that can't approach well with a move that hits to the ground.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If I get the oppertunity I go for ftilt->usmash.

I like ranking moves:

Needles!

Bair
grab
jab

ftilt
utilt
fair
usmash

dsmash
nair
uair

fsmash
vanish

transform
dtilt

dair

chain

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dins fire
zelda ftilt
sheik ftilt
dacus

mid
zelda dacus
rar b-reverse needle cancel uair

low
dair
spindash
back tilt

gm jack

Smash Lord
Looking at this though, Sheik doesn't have any moves to really avoid. Dair even has its uses, due to the stalling and very quick fall to avoid attacks, get to ground quickly or just catch them by surprise.

Anyway, does anyone have a list of the people that the GRUST works on? I know MK is definite, and Snake is he air releases, but I would like to know all the match ups I can use it in when they are smaller than Sheik.

gm jack

Smash Lord
GRUST = grab release up smash thing?

i'm pretty sure he's just talking about grab release to dacus
Grab release up smash tipper. Just because to DACUS misses poor Wario, who requires 2 steps forward Usmash to tipper it. But yeah, for all intents and purposes, who are the small characters that follow the same release path as MK?

EDIT

Looking at a list of release arcs in Tactical, the following all have a fairly similar arc to MK.

'Zard, DDD, Diddy, DK, Ike, Link, Lucas, Pikachu, Snake, ZSS, Bowser, CF, Ganon and Squirtle .

Out of those, air breaks are guaranteed on Diddy (I think), Lucas, 'Chu, and Squirtle.

Most interesting to me is Diddy. Anyone confirm if we have a grab release DACUS tipper on any of these 4?

clowsui

Smash Legend
LMAOOOO btilt

i was doing well against a lot of ppl w/ sheik in friendlies yesterday

snake is a way easier matchup than i thought it was

you just have to be a lot more precise with your reads and do the armada (tipper usmash to complete juggle traps) when you get 'em up there

sheik vs. yoshi is hella fun

sheik vs. falco is just a matter of getting the falco scared of everything and ftilting

didn't play any mks

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mk is all about needles and using ur superior frame data against him haha

he outranges but sheik is just as fast, sometimes faster (depends on the move)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Couple things I took a note of as I was playing this weekend.

Dash attack, bair, and nair are all not safe on HIT in low percents against certain characters.

Vanish is really good for edge guarding characters like MK, G&W etc.......in fact I think vanish in general has a lot of untapped potential. I love the invincibility frames on the move and the fact that it can auto cancel.

Edit: Can anyone explaim to me how Champ did a backward vanish glide at 2:15 in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKGGyEl7ow&feature=channel_page

I'm assuming it had something to do with the roll correct?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
You've gotta frame perfect boost grab. grab I think comes out the same frame as dash attack, maybe faster.

Okay, here we go:

Things sheiks should know but don't because they don't read <3's posts:
Utilt is disjointed.
utilt hits behind you.

bair is disjointed.
Bair always hits the opposite direction you are facing
Bair on shield gives you a slight advantage on everything spare shield canceling options (you should never be in front of your opponent within range for one of these moves though.)
Bair has three distinct knock backs.
the front of bair hits people.

fair is disjointed.
you can hit people with fair so that they go behind you.

Nair has 4 diffrent knockbacks.

dtilt is disjointed.

needles can be smash DIed and used to punish you. Or DIed by your recovering partner.
You can full hop needles with no landing lag
You can glide off stage with a needle charges for increase horizontal movement speed.
instant needle cancel only looks cool, it impractile and only lowers your options.
b reversed needles are cool, you can use them to change momentum much faster than normal making them a great mix up when landing from high up or when approaching out of a short hop.

Fsmash isn't horrible. there are two different hitboxes for the move. the tip which keeps them still for the second hit, and the leg which moves them forward a set distance. the move is actually a great way to punish air dodges at high percent when you are unsure of their exact landing position. (fsmash has a much longer active/practice range in front of sheik than dsmash)

jab is safe on shield from behind.
jab-short isn't a true combo into anything until significatly high percents.
jabshort does combo into grab aginst most characters at like 50% (meaning characters without invul frame 3 or less than a frame three jab.) and true into downsmash around 180%. if you are hitting people before these percents they just DIed wrong. try it against marth.
jab should be your panic move, not dsmash. it leads to more options, it is safer on block (grab and other sheild cancels being the only real punish) and on connect it doesn't decay.

ftilt is safe on sheild from behind.

sheik -> Zelda -> sheik is an even better than just zelda verus a lot of charatcers. You refresh all your moves so you turn fair and bair back, your main spacers, into kill moves. much much safer and harder to camp than zelda.........

I'm Ankoku's alt account. lol.
Good read, I think you told most of it to me on Skype before though. <,<
Utilt sucks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-lfiS_PeVA

Bair is fantastic, especially bair > dsmash and similiar things. (Just to pressure shields, sometimes it pokes. I don't get punished THAT often for it...)

No moves decay when they hit shields. (and jab's do decay)

I don't believe you.

/I didn't comment on everything
I think when he said "it doesn't decay" is that hitting shields don't decay your moves and a series of jabs count as 1 jab.
Utilt is one of Sheiks better moves imo.

<3 I always listen to what you say.

I still think fsmash is terrible though<3 <3 <3
I agree, f-tilt follow up on heavies at low percents.

lol, I used to think FSmash sucked. Then I listened to Cross. He said that it was good when spaced perfectly. Guess what? He was right.
The idea is to get the tip of her foot on the final hit to connect.
GRUST = grab release up smash thing?

i'm pretty sure he's just talking about grab release to dacus
correct
btilt is too good!!
Yep, it her reverse round house kick.
Sheik out does Chuck Norris. lol
Couple things I took a note of as I was playing this weekend.

Dash attack, bair, and nair are all not safe on HIT in low percents against certain characters.

Vanish is really good for edge guarding characters like MK, G&W etc.......in fact I think vanish in general has a lot of untapped potential. I love the invincibility frames on the move and the fact that it can auto cancel.

Edit: Can anyone explaim to me how Champ did a backward vanish glide at 2:15 in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKGGyEl7ow&feature=channel_page

I'm assuming it had something to do with the roll correct?
Ah, real simple.

Just roll into any ledge pr platform and perform Vanish.
I use it on BF's platforms for mind games. Since it is silent and you really don't move a lot people don't see it coming. :)

iLight

Smash Lord
i think i had a bye, then i beat Byzmal he uses snake, then i beat cyphus (dk), then i lost to zori (olimar), then i lost to dphat because i stopped caring, i was so mad about losing to olimar, i should have had it.

i beat zori on battlefield b/c of camping the platform, he beats me FD, my cp i go delfino to run away

i kill him 2 times when i'm only at 80%, then i made 1 mistake and he 0-90's me last stock.. i suck

so in conclusion i got 17th because i'm bad

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Yea I saw the livestream, he used Sheik against Zori, on the results thread it said he used Rob also but I didnt see him or didnt know it was him maybe

iLight

Smash Lord
ummm, i'm pretty sure i went all sheik this tourney, though it sais i used ROB as well, just out of default probably because I use him in some matchups, which i didn't fight this tourney

leaf, what did you think of those matches vs zori, also did you see me wreck the TV when i first got there lol, i beat like 10 people in a row in friendlies, which means next to nothing because people in texas sand bag hard haha

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Yea you did wreck the TV lol I saw you when I first clicked on the stream link

And you vs Zori was played well on your part, nothing u can do bout his tricky grabs and flashy attack though =/

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
what else...just up b and you go backwards?
Just buffer the Vanish.
It sometimes doesn't work. IDK why.
It works enough for you to get it 1 out of 2 easily.

Just in case your are confused I'll go ahead and type out exactly what you do.

Roll into the ledge (make sure that the ledge cuts you short.. ie if the ledge wasn't there you would roll farther)> hold up on the analog during the roll + hammering the B button.
You should perform a silent Vanish.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
ummm, i'm pretty sure i went all sheik this tourney, though it sais i used ROB as well, just out of default probably because I use him in some matchups, which i didn't fight this tourney

leaf, what did you think of those matches vs zori, also did you see me wreck the TV when i first got there lol, i beat like 10 people in a row in friendlies, which means next to nothing because people in texas sand bag hard haha
Yo how did you play the Oli matchup? Did you camp a lot or play aggro.

You should come to the AZ tournament on the 19th.......i think some of texas is coming:)

iLight

Smash Lord
i might come yeah, if other people in texas are going. I played super campy, spammed nair to kill pikmin as he threw them at me then charged in, baited the grab or u-smash because thats what he spammed and then i would combo with bair to f-tilt etc, then camp again. use those platforms baby lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yo tell DMG and UTD Zach and all those dudes to come we have over 40 people confirmed already and we'll probably have OoS crew battles and everything.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Alright cool do you know when the next Hobo might be? I'll try to see if any of the Utah players want to go.

Top Bottom