• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
like god **** it I just realize something as I tried to sleep and if I had the gear I would so test this

Ftilt decay make the combo starting percentages go up as it gets more decay thus a fresh ftilt wont combo into usmash at killing percents but a decay one will.

Now the dtilt has been proven to be able to combo into itself at very low percents on fox...Well do you know what that means?

In order for the dtilt to combo into it self you must make 35 frames of adventage for sheik after it lands.

Sheik ftilt into usmash only requires 26 frames.....What exactly is stopping up from going to brimstar, dtilt the hell out of the strings on the side and then doing dtilt into fair combos at mid-high percents?

Also for those who don't know the dtilt combo earlier then the ftilt,

edit: sorry for the no spell check, I'm sleepy.

edit2: I guess the only thing that could be stopping us beside the obvious it's hard to decay the dtilt ist hat it may have a combo cap like sheik ftilt. Although until we learn what it's cap is I think it's fair game saying a dtilt into usmash could be possible....maybe
*looked into it
HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!!!!
This move barely knocks them away when decayed.
Also, I have absolutely no one to test with but it looks like d-tilt> USmash maaaay work.
If all else fails I have a use for it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dtilt is a good long range poke, the most range out of her ground attacks (besides the unsafe fsmash)

its good for shield poke low, u can crawl up dtilt, overall a good move but hard to get into the situation to use it

double jab -> dtilt is good

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Oh good ^_^ when I woke up this morning after posting that I was like "Tristan, why did you post something you were keeping to yourself on purpose so you can use it and be the best sheik one day?"

I'm glad it's getting poop upon but when I get back this sunday I'll have to look into it a bit...maybe even today if there's a free TV if anything I can do the basic decays

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I mean there are several stages where you could actually decay your dtilt(Brinstar, Castle Seige), so it isn't out of the possibility. I'm going to mess around with it as well.

saviorslegacy

dtilt is a good long range poke, the most range out of her ground attacks (besides the unsafe fsmash)

its good for shield poke low, u can crawl up dtilt, overall a good move but hard to get into the situation to use it

double jab -> dtilt is good
lol, don't excuse the FSmash just yet.
If you space FSmash just right to where the tip of her foot of the last hit lands you are good.
You see, that tip is a sweet spot and usually pushes people back so you don't get shield grabbed.
It is also fairly powerful. I have been using it as a KO mix up.

it doesn't true combo -_-
Is double jab to Dtilt better?
it does not true combo
I mean there are several stages where you could actually decay your dtilt(Brinstar, Castle Seige), so it isn't out of the possibility. I'm going to mess around with it as well.
If you want my opinion...
The only attacks that should be decayed are Fair and f-tilt. They give you a lot of options.
For example:
Fair> f-tilt
Fair> DSmash
Fair> DACUS (high percents)
Fair> Hyphen Smash (my personal.. second favorite)
Fair> Needle's
Fair> Dash Attack
Fair> jab
Fair> FSmash
Fair> grab
Fair> Fair

and then f-tilt.....

f-tilt> Fair
f-tilt> jab
f-tilt> DSmash
f-tilt> USmash
f-tilt> grab
f-tilt> Nair
f-tilt> Bair
f-tilt> Uair
f-tilt> d-tilt
f-tilt> f-tilt

I listed f-tilt to make a point.
Both are worth decaying. However, don't throw you neck out there and use a move for decay that gets you punished. That's my only problem with Fair. I have trouble sustaining constant decay.

:EDIT:
****IT!!!!
A friend need's my help and I have something planned tonight that continues into tomorrow. IDK how much testing I can get done..... -_-
I'll try and whip together the vides show how Innocentroads GR don't work on Sheik and maybe post that new f-tilt> USmash set up (think like MK at 60%= dead). Cool thing is I think this can happen out of a f-tilt lock. So you could do something like:
f-tilt lock (MK at what.. 25%?)> SL's secret> death

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
savior i was talking about someone shielding. double jab dtilt is safe pressure because pretty much most characters won't shield grab it, or do some gay counter OOS. it's safe cuz u can crawl/run away after u do the dtilt

fsmash on shield is just dum lol you know that

Tristan_win

Not dead.
~ish at the touny but haz no friends so he's online while he waits for singles to start.~

Anyways I was just playing around a bit in a match and I ended a ftilt lock with a dtilt instead of a utilt and it looks they went more or less upwards...

Of course more testing is needed then this one example but maybe if done right when the dtilt hits right next to sheik they will be lunch mainly upwards and not away which is much better to be followed up with say a utilt or whatever.

Basically you could use dtilt as a mind game tool and force people to air dodge or on some maybe even attacking wont help be. Although there's always the chance it could combo at some percent at some decay but I really don't know as of yet.

...yeah I got nothing, I'm posting just to post. T_T you think I should go back to the car and get my book?

edit: ugh, I've been study the ftilt frame adv data fro the past 20 mins......I realize I misplace one of the falco numbers ~sighs~

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
~ish at the touny but haz no friends so he's online while he waits for singles to start.~

Anyways I was just playing around a bit in a match and I ended a ftilt lock with a dtilt instead of a utilt and it looks they went more or less upwards...

Of course more testing is needed then this one example but maybe if done right when the dtilt hits right next to sheik they will be lunch mainly upwards and not away which is much better to be followed up with say a utilt or whatever.

Basically you could use dtilt as a mind game tool and force people to air dodge or on some maybe even attacking wont help be. Although there's always the chance it could combo at some percent at some decay but I really don't know as of yet.

...yeah I got nothing, I'm posting just to post. T_T you think I should go back to the car and get my book?

edit: ugh, I've been study the ftilt frame adv data fro the past 20 mins......I realize I misplace one of the falco numbers ~sighs~
d-tilt is underrated. not sure of the percentage but dtilt can "link" into a tipper u-smash. especially useful when you have decayed your f-tilt.

saviorslegacy

savior i was talking about someone shielding. double jab dtilt is safe pressure because pretty much most characters won't shield grab it, or do some gay counter OOS. it's safe cuz u can crawl/run away after u do the dtilt

fsmash on shield is just dum lol you know that
Oh, I agree with you then.
BTW.. I was shield poking with d-tilt on a Jigg at a Smash fest earlier. What is the hit box of that thing again?

I would never use FSmash on a shield. However, sometimes it just happens. At least if you space it correctly odds are you wont get shield grabbed.

Well at least I know that I am not the only one writting down stuff about Sheik to keep in my pocket... :ohwell:

BTW.. I'm a doche. Like a really big one.
I Chain Camped a Jigglypuff. He was yelling f***. lol
I messed up some and got punished though, but 80+% from chain, a little bit of Needle spacing and a Baie was all it took to kill him.
He finally figured out how much I sucked at looking from above though.

I am with a friend so I plan on making a list tonight to see who can be caped and who can't.
don't be shy. Is Sheik shy? No!
If shy= sneaky then heck yes.

BTW.. just as an input.
There is a Yoshi main named Nickalobe. 3 months ago I had trouble taking away his second stock. Today, I beat him once and he beat me with 80 some percent. He ***** me at Frigate Orphen (I really hate that stage).
d-tilt is underrated. not sure of the percentage but dtilt can "link" into a tipper u-smash. especially useful when you have decayed your f-tilt.
I already said this......

BTW... I was at BF and I was able to play a Yoshi into my B-Throw 4 times.
The idea is to put him onto the platform and follow up with Bair which can link back into grab. :)
It was sexy.. and fun since he is the one usually doing the stupid grab.....

ps I'm predicting that Tristan_Win will place 20th.
If I'm to low then I get to spam Tristans inbox with "you suck" messages.
j/k
If I am to high then he gets to.... use his imagination.

pss I hate using MAC's.....

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
lol cant say im suprised. tbh I was just saying it for the sake of saying it
just making my presence known XP

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Does attacking D3's wadledees make a move decay? if so, you might be able to attack the wadledees/doos of a spammy DDD before approaching and dtilting... Idk just another idea.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
since the statues on CS and the balloon on SV count i'm guessing they would.

saviorslegacy

lol cant say im suprised. tbh I was just saying it for the sake of saying it
just making my presence known XP
I like activity. :)
Does attacking D3's wadledees make a move decay? if so, you might be able to attack the wadledees/doos of a spammy DDD before approaching and dtilting... Idk just another idea.
I believe so.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
I found today we don't even have proper kill percent info for Sheik. Im gonna test it tomorrow cuz I got nothin to do!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
T_T I got 17th, but I had so much fun.... Like it's REALLY funny how almost everyone seems to know me.

Results

First I lost to a sonic and spend about 20 mins thinking about what I did wrong before ****** all my other matches until I fought deez(sp?) which I've been told is a rank Diddy main so yeah...

Interesting enough though that same Sonic player took a set off Chu Dat in that touny so I'm not feeling too bad about that lost especially since I did so pretty dumb decisions the key though is that I know what they are.. No worries about the whole Chu dat thing though he ***** losers and fought him again and won. I think in the end he got ..third?

Any whom I got roughly 20-30 ftilt into usmash killing combos today, although a few of them weren't exactly "true combos" like for example one fox player saw it coming and quickly started hitting uair which funny enough allowed the usmash to connect.

As far the chain goes I ***** hard with it, got 2 backwards chain locks, which together did roughly 100% if not more in damage and a couple forward as well although, brief. I also chain camp like a *****...Didn't fight a single metaknight all day though it was REALLY ODD but I'm not crying about it since my dacus is back to 1/3 of the time and the grab release into dacus on meta knight is welll...is a bit much. I'll have to practice that ...again, among with learn the numbers better for the fitlt into whatever the ****, not to mention spacing, mindgames, and so on.

Tristan_Win doesn't like to lose.
I found today we don't even have proper kill percent info for Sheik. Im gonna test it tomorrow cuz I got nothin to do!

...Yeah we really don't for anything other then Usmash which I already got and made a thread about so you don't need to cover that.

edit: Oh and Savior I've been holding little pieces of info back from posting on the sheik boards for a while now although once in a while you seem to rediscover things and then post it....thus I don't post in those threads.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow haha what was the sonic guy's name?

and yea good stuff tristan, how many ppl in the tournament? 17th aint bad

losing is tough but we gotta deal with it man

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
T_T I got 17th, but I had so much fun.... Like it's REALLY funny how almost everyone seems to know me.

Results

First I lost to a sonic and spend about 20 mins thinking about what I did wrong before ****** all my other matches until I fought deez(sp?) which I've been told is a rank Diddy main so yeah...

Interesting enough though that same Sonic player took a set off Chu Dat in that touny so I'm not feeling too bad about that lost especially since I did so pretty dumb decisions the key though is that I know what they are.. No worries about the whole Chu dat thing though he ***** losers and fought him again and won. I think in the end he got ..third?

Any whom I got roughly 20-30 ftilt into usmash killing combos today, although a few of them weren't exactly "true combos" like for example one fox player saw it coming and quickly started hitting uair which funny enough allowed the usmash to connect.

As far the chain goes I ***** hard with it, got 2 backwards chain locks, which together did roughly 100% if not more in damage and a couple forward as well although, brief. I also chain camp like a *****...Didn't fight a single metaknight all day though it was REALLY ODD but I'm not crying about it since my dacus is back to 1/3 of the time and the grab release into dacus on meta knight is welll...is a bit much. I'll have to practice that ...again, among with learn the numbers better for the fitlt into whatever the ****, not to mention spacing, mindgames, and so on.

ROFL. I is the Fox player? =3

You definitely hit your dacus like 2/3 times on me in tourney, and in friendlies.

Did you say I up aired during the lock? Because I smash DI diagonal with C and Control stick =3

I up air when I momentum cancel.

<3 Tristan_Win.

Tristan_win

Not dead.

You definitely hit your dacus like 2/3 times on me in tourney, and in friendlies.

Did you say I up aired during the lock? Because I smash DI diagonal with C and Control stick =3

<3 Tristan_Win.
^_^ You should check out my thread, it's the sticky one.

and yeah I saw you do that once and even mention it to you in mid friendly. It happend a good number of times though not for just you but for everyone..but boss. That man is crazy, luigi nair me out of my usmash even when I think it should work.

Think being the key word I have no idea what his % are other then he dies from usmash at like 85% or something with no di
wow haha what was the sonic guy's name?

and yea good stuff tristan, how many ppl in the tournament? 17th aint bad

losing is tough but we gotta deal with it man
You're like this, his name is "Sonic Master", aka Speed.

and I hate losing, have been since I made my gamer name back when I was 7. Losing fuels me and only makes me stronger...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Good stuff Tristan. I have a regional next saturday so we'll see how I do at that. I haven't taken the time to memorize ftilts as i'm currently still focusing on getting my matchups right.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good stuff Tristan. I have a regional next saturday so we'll see how I do at that. I haven't taken the time to memorize ftilts as i'm currently still focusing on getting my matchups right.
Hate to tell you this but attempting to go for the ftilt into usmash changes match up a lot. For example CF. Cf isn't a very hard match for sheik but..if you try to use the ftilt into usmash for all of your kills then odds are your going to do worst then you would of if you didn't. The reason for that is because your tracking decay up to like the 5th and because of his fat he may STILL live from a 110 usmash...I think.

with that said doing the ftilt into fair or whatever is 100% a good idea on everyone...just the usmash not so much on the fatties. If you can gimp them with ease use the ftilt into sweet spot fair. with that sall said de3 and snakes are giving me troubles now a days it seems.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice

Results

...Yeah we really don't for anything other then Usmash which I already got and made a thread about so you don't need to cover that.

edit: Oh and Savior I've been holding little pieces of info back from posting on the sheik boards for a while now although once in a while you seem to rediscover things and then post it....thus I don't post in those threads.
Your info is only from the battlefield side platform, I'd like to know what it is from the main part of the stage as well. I'm also going to test Nair and Dsmash too because those are our next best choice

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Your info is only from the battlefield side platform, I'd like to know what it is from the main part of the stage as well. I'm also going to test Nair and Dsmash too because those are our next best choice
True however did you know that all neutrals stages have the same ceiling height? Also the difference from sheik Ftilt into usmash and usmash from the platform can't be more then 1-2% if even that. I'm being very serious here; I don't think there's any difference really.

I've also done brief testing of sheik usmash on a few of the counter pick stages as well but the numbers aren't exactly 100% correct either as of yet. What I need to do is test everyone and not just be like +15% on luigis like I do now.

saviorslegacy

THANK GOD!!!!!
I wont have to do it!
*marks this of of his list*

Results

Sounds like you had a good time.
I dunno when my first tourney will be though. I hope I do pretty good though.

<3 Tristan_Win.
hmmmm... when he said you Uair I was thinking you were using the c-stick and thus SDI'd up! XD
Hate to tell you this but attempting to go for the ftilt into usmash changes match up a lot. For example CF. Cf isn't a very hard match for sheik but..if you try to use the ftilt into usmash for all of your kills then odds are your going to do worst then you would of if you didn't. The reason for that is because your tracking decay up to like the 5th and because of his fat he may STILL live from a 110 usmash...I think.

with that said doing the ftilt into fair or whatever is 100% a good idea on everyone...just the usmash not so much on the fatties. If you can gimp them with ease use the ftilt into sweet spot fair. with that sall said de3 and snakes are giving me troubles now a days it seems.
Why didn't you mention this earlier?
You would have made my fight versus I CF main soooooo much easier.

I like my Smash scene. There is no top tier *****'s! We only have one guy who alts Snake.
(Wolf, ZSS, Yoshi/Snake, Jigglypuff/Peach adn of course me.. Sheik)
I have dropped G&W cuz I found I way to escape IC's grab game (or atleast a HUGE part of it).
If I am correct the only thing that will be legit on us will be the footstool infinite (lol) and the throws into a grab real quick (which are EXTREMELY HARD to get it right over and over). Pray I am right about all of it.
I tested and I know I am right about a part of it. You just have to wait until Sunday when I get back home so I can upload video's (notice video'S).

Tristan_win

Not dead.
THANK GOD!!!!!
I wont have to do it!
*marks this of of his list*

Sounds like you had a good time.
I dunno when my first tourney will be though. I hope I do pretty good though.

hmmmm... when he said you Uair I was thinking you were using the c-stick and thus SDI'd up! XD

Why didn't you mention this earlier?
You would have made my fight versus I CF main soooooo much easier.

I like my Smash scene. There is no top tier *****'s! We only have one guy who alts Snake.
(Wolf, ZSS, Yoshi/Snake, Jigglypuff/Peach adn of course me.. Sheik)
I have dropped G&W cuz I found I way to escape IC's grab game (or atleast a HUGE part of it).
If I am correct the only thing that will be legit on us will be the footstool infinite (lol) and the throws into a grab real quick (which are EXTREMELY HARD to get it right over and over). Pray I am right about all of it.
I tested and I know I am right about a part of it. You just have to wait until Sunday when I get back home so I can upload video's (notice video'S).
Hate to break this to you savior but everyone get's completly ***** at their first touny. Don't be suprice to get double lose or close to it and yes I did have fun today as always at a touny.

Also about your smash scene, you may like it now getting exposed to things like pro meta knight is a good thing. It's like you have to get owned by them for so long before you start to realize the "To do's and Not to do's" which even if someone write them all down you wouldn't really know them until that fear is engraved into you.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I didn't get ***** at my first tourny:). Made some mistakes, but performed really well.........well I did get ***** by X's Sonic lmao.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i got 96th at my first tourny

first international tourny :p and first time WC vs EC really came into fruition

as well as usa vs japan :p

1 azen
2 captain jack
3 chu dat
4 sastopher

9 ken

can u guys guess which tourny it was? :p

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i got 96th at my first tourny

first international tourny :p and first time WC vs EC really came into fruition

as well as usa vs japan :p

1 azen
2 captain jack
3 chu dat
4 sastopher

9 ken

can u guys guess which tourny it was? :p
....That sounds like it's before my time, you're showing your age chok.

I didn't get ***** at my first tourny:). Made some mistakes, but performed really well.........well I did get ***** by X's Sonic lmao.
Oh I see.... at my first real touny I got one of chu dat crew member (no idea of what his name was just he was with chu dat) and got ***** and then I fought plank which funny enough at the time I was reading his guide like the bible so ...yeah. My friend and I beat two little kids in doubles though...then fought husband and wife and then some other guys.

I miss MLG.

saviorslegacy

Hate to break this to you savior but everyone get's completly ***** at their first touny. Don't be suprice to get double lose or close to it and yes I did have fun today as always at a touny.

Also about your smash scene, you may like it now getting exposed to things like pro meta knight is a good thing. It's like you have to get owned by them for so long before you start to realize the "To do's and Not to do's" which even if someone write them all down you wouldn't really know them until that fear is engraved into you.
I always view getting ***** as getting slammed into the ground where you can't move and letting the foe do w/e they want to you, and thus losing a lot.
I know I will not win, but I doubt I will leave the tourney in the extreme lows.

Besides, I probably wont see a tourney until maybe even Spring. So chance's are I'll be pretty good (pretty good meaning I would do better than I would now) by then.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I always view getting ***** as getting slammed into the ground where you can't move and letting the foe do w/e they want to you, and thus losing a lot.
I know I will not win, but I doubt I will leave the tourney in the extreme lows.

Besides, I probably wont see a tourney until maybe even Spring. So chance's are I'll be pretty good (pretty good meaning I would do better than I would now) by then.
Well let's not get into a decision about what we all see mentally when we think about ****
~***** head towards mods with and smiles~

Well even IF you do get very low the point of going to these things is also to met fellow smashers in person, making friends, and getting in as many friendlies as your eyes will let you...oh and have fun...and win; cash.

It suck you can’t go to any savior anytime soon they really do give the umf you need if you are thinking about quitting. I suggest making a tight net of the people around you who play and people online where you have a very good connection with even if they are horrible if you need to and just play them until then.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehe those were the days yayuhz beginner choknater

i'm generally not known by most brawl players or even out of state melee players

but i usually win against everyone i play that i havent met, unless i know their name

only exception was Ripple DK :( man that guy was pretty good

oh well

Top Bottom